Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:22 PM Last edited by PlyrSiaci : 14th Aug 2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: extra info about screens
The Pleasant Family
Thanks to everyone who's helped me through this project
I'm going to try again, and hope for an approval and if not,
"I'll be back"

~~~~

Well im back as you can see, and i was rejected again

7 is now proven not to be a lucky number

So any advice - in depth please if you can - so i can make it the best it can be

im getting closer, i have all the required pics just the sims need tweaked

if i update them on my own, i'll upload pics
Screenshots

It's hard to be yourself in a society that relies on clothes, hairstyles and looks to fit in.
Advertisement
Typical
#2 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:27 PM
What were the reasons for it being rejected, and also, don't take a rejection personally, it just means that you'll have to make it even better/put more effort in next time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
What were the reasons for it being rejected, and also, don't take a rejection personally, it just means that you'll have to make it even better/put more effort in next time.

Sims - Does not resemble celebrity/character enough
Sims - Screenshots: Missing Comparison/Required Screenshots

I dont understand why, because it's meant to be an update into sims 3, and making them seem more realistic. And i've given all the screenshots i would think needed. Also, i've got a comparison photo there but it only lets you upload 8.

Its difficult for me not to take it personally, because EVERY time i've uploaded something it's always been rejected. They even laughed at an upload ¬¬

It's hard to be yourself in a society that relies on clothes, hairstyles and looks to fit in.
Typical
#4 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:13 PM
Well, for the comparison picture, you can always just put a pic of the sims 2 and 3 side by side, but NOT a split face.

EDIT: I think Mary's (she is called Mary, Isn't she?) jaw should be a little further, and then you should make her cheeks a little less full.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:26 PM
Well, for the comparison picture, you can always just put a pic of the sims 2 and 3 side by side, but NOT a split face.

EDIT: I think Mary's (she is called Mary, Isn't she?) jaw should be a little further, and then you should make her cheeks a little less full.

where could I get a pic of that coz, i dont have sims 2 installed anymore :\

Hmm, okay so wider jaw, cheeks less full, gotcha.

Banned
#6 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:40 PM
the girls (i don´t know the names cuz i have the german game) have wider noses in the sims 2, haven´t they?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:44 PM
yeah so wider noses for the twins

Typical
#8 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyrSiaci

Hmm, okay so wider jaw, cheeks less full, gotcha.

Nope, not wider jaw, move it down
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:14 PM
Nope, not wider jaw, move it down

oh okay XD

back to cas for mary-sue :L

Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:34 PM
Hey now no need to be so down on yourself. Lets see if some changes will help. 1st off it would be better if there were close-ups of the face and closer shots of the whole body including the back.
1. Daniel Pleasant: Eyes are green not blue; beard is wrong try more of a pants shape on the chin; eyebrows are too dark and thick; need a longer, narrow face; upper lip needs to be a bit fuller; there appear to be too many wrinkles on the cheeks and puffiness under the eyes; Sims 2 Daniel's hair is parted on the left not combed straight back; The clothes: I don't know if the clothes make the character or not but if they do then the Sims 2 Daniel is wearing a turtleneck with the jacket you show and jeans minus the wrinkles at the bottom and black boots, no belt is showing.
2. Mary Sue Oldie-Pleasant: The Sims 2 M.S. has Oriental eyes: round and slanted; Your Sim looks old; M.S. on Sims 2 is beautiful without any wrinkles; her eyes are brown, but can you lighten them up?; I would like to see a back side of her hair style, right now it looks like a short boys cut and plastered to her head (this is why I think Sims 3 has ugly Sims); your M.S. has bushy eyebrows they need to be thin and highlight the eye shape; the shape of her face should be oval; the make-up is all wrong, try warm colors; The clothes are fine if that's what Sims 3 has in pantsuits.
3. Angela Pleasant (the good girl): Well the eyes are the right color, but geewizz does she have to look so darn bored with life? Her eye shape is closer to Daniel's, slightly round in shape; Her mouth is too full, in the Sims 2 her mouth is slim like she is on the verge of blowing a kiss or being kissed by her boyfriend, Dustin Broke; Hair is fine except- what's up with the feathery part? I personally don't like that tuft of hair (don't like it on Kate Gosling in real life); give her soft warm make-up befitting a girly-girl; the dress is too green, The Sims 2 Angela likes soft colors light blues and pinks.
4. Lilith Pleasant (the brat): Lilith and Angela are twins so their faces are the same shape however, Lilith has her mother's eye shape- exotic; You got too much make-up on her. Sure she's Goth, but come on- black blush is too much; Her eyes look like someone punched her, but maybe that's just how make-up looks in Sims 3 (u.g.l.y.); Did you create that outfit or is it in the game? Either way, it's ugly. Try a short black dress minus tights add black boots.
Well, I hope this helps.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Sims 2 rules!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:34 PM

I still play Sims 2. So if you need some picture, I can give you what you need.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlifegirl
Hey now no need to be so down on yourself. Lets see if some changes will help. 1st off it would be better if there were close-ups of the face and closer shots of the whole body including the back.
1. Daniel Pleasant: Eyes are green not blue; beard is wrong try more of a pants shape on the chin; eyebrows are too dark and thick; need a longer, narrow face; upper lip needs to be a bit fuller; there appear to be too many wrinkles on the cheeks and puffiness under the eyes; Sims 2 Daniel's hair is parted on the left not combed straight back; The clothes: I don't know if the clothes make the character or not but if they do then the Sims 2 Daniel is wearing a turtleneck with the jacket you show and jeans minus the wrinkles at the bottom and black boots, no belt is showing.
2. Mary Sue Oldie-Pleasant: The Sims 2 M.S. has Oriental eyes: round and slanted; Your Sim looks old; M.S. on Sims 2 is beautiful without any wrinkles; her eyes are brown, but can you lighten them up?; I would like to see a back side of her hair style, right now it looks like a short boys cut and plastered to her head (this is why I think Sims 3 has ugly Sims); your M.S. has bushy eyebrows they need to be thin and highlight the eye shape; the shape of her face should be oval; the make-up is all wrong, try warm colors; The clothes are fine if that's what Sims 3 has in pantsuits.
3. Angela Pleasant (the good girl): Well the eyes are the right color, but geewizz does she have to look so darn bored with life? Her eye shape is closer to Daniel's, slightly round in shape; Her mouth is too full, in the Sims 2 her mouth is slim like she is on the verge of blowing a kiss or being kissed by her boyfriend, Dustin Broke; Hair is fine except- what's up with the feathery part? I personally don't like that tuft of hair (don't like it on Kate Gosling in real life); give her soft warm make-up befitting a girly-girl; the dress is too green, The Sims 2 Angela likes soft colors light blues and pinks.
4. Lilith Pleasant (the brat): Lilith and Angela are twins so their faces are the same shape however, Lilith has her mother's eye shape- exotic; You got too much make-up on her. Sure she's Goth, but come on- black blush is too much; Her eyes look like someone punched her, but maybe that's just how make-up looks in Sims 3 (u.g.l.y.); Did you create that outfit or is it in the game? Either way, it's ugly. Try a short black dress minus tights add black boots.
Well, I hope this helps.

wow okay i do have a lot of work with lilith and angela, i could find any other kind of hairstyle that would really make them seem like the sims 2 lilith and angela.

well liliths outfit is really a top and a skirt :L

so lose the tights, whole diff outfit for lilith, lighten the eye make-up, make her eyes more like mary-sue
ok, i'll get started, then i'll post new screenies

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:32 PM
Okay, here's the close up pictures of the Pleasant Family. Front and side view. Hope it helps you. If you need more detail pic, just let me know.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RacSas
Okay, here's the close up pictures of the Pleasant Family. Front and side view. Hope it helps you. If you need more detail pic, just let me know.

Field Researcher
#15 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 5:10 PM
The twin's faces are far too wide&pudgy. Your rendition of them has their faces being round, whereas the girls' faces are actually long. So slender their faces out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowWhiteCharming
The twin's faces are far too wide&pudgy. Your rendition of them has their faces being round, whereas the girls' faces are actually long. So slender their faces out.

okay, longer faces for the girls and daniel i think :\

The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#17 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:34 PM
PlyrSiaci please note be sure you understand all rules including the one about not double posting. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713 Rule number 11.

Your Sims are very close, The twins need longer faces and darker skin in my opinion.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:37 PM
okay, something really weird just happened!!!! The Daniel that I made just got a wish there, and it was to see my ghost D:

my name is Reece and his wish popped up and said 'See Reece's Ghost'

I was shocked! And he doesnt know anyone called reece

Woow.. that's creepy
Well TS3 and TS2 has a very different base sculpt, you need to reduce the width of the faces, especially for the girls. Because no one will notice that they are from Pleasant Family at the moment.
And one thing, please don't delete your previous progress picture because we need it to compare with your latest progress. Good luck.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kolipoki
PlyrSiaci please note be sure you understand all rules including the one about not double posting. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=289713 Rule number 11.

Your Sims are very close, The twins need longer faces and darker skin in my opinion.

okay thanks

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RacSas
Woow.. that's creepy
Well TS3 and TS2 has a very different base sculpt, you need to reduce the width of the faces, especially for the girls. Because no one will notice that they are from Pleasant Family at the moment.
And one thing, please don't delete your previous progress picture because we need it to compare with your latest progress. Good luck.

okay, but i deleted all my other pictures, but from now on, i'll make sure to keep all the old ones as Kolipoki said, im close to finishing them so im hoping that i'll be finished soon

Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:27 PM
You've got a good start on the changes. I wish you had kept the old pictures too for comparison, but I have a good memory and you've have made some great changes.
1. I like Daniel's hair, eyes, and clothes. Thanks for taking out the wrinkles.
2. The added touch of earrings to Mary Sue is nice and you toned down her make-up; eye are still too dark. Thanks for taking out the wrinkles on her too.
3. Angela's make-up change is great!
4. Lilith's make-up and clothes are great!
***The Pleasant Family of Sims 3 looks as close as I think your going to get (and why would you want them to be exactly the same, small changes are good because it's two different games) to The Pleasant Family of Sims 2.
***********************The Sims 2 Rules!****************************
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlifegirl
You've got a good start on the changes. I wish you had kept the old pictures too for comparison, but I have a good memory and you've have made some great changes.
1. I like Daniel's hair, eyes, and clothes. Thanks for taking out the wrinkles.
2. The added touch of earrings to Mary Sue is nice and you toned down her make-up; eye are still too dark. Thanks for taking out the wrinkles on her too.
3. Angela's make-up change is great!
4. Lilith's make-up and clothes are great!
***The Pleasant Family of Sims 3 looks as close as I think your going to get (and why would you want them to be exactly the same, small changes are good because it's two different games) to The Pleasant Family of Sims 2.
***********************The Sims 2 Rules!****************************

wow thanks very much :D

yeah mary-sue's eyes have been fixed you'll see in the next screenie :D
the twins skintone was darkened a little aswell

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 8:48 PM
okay the last two pics are the most recent updates for the twins and mary-sue :D

please tell me what you think (and if i have enough screenies )

Instructor
#24 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:09 PM
Here's what come to mind for me. I don't know their names as I never played the premade families in TS2, so I'm just comparing your TS2 and TS3 pics...

The mom should have Asian features. Her skin is darker, more tan/gold in color. The mom's eyes are a browner brown (not so red) and her eyes should be longer, more Asian looking. Her brows should be less arched. Right now the mom looks like Lilith from Cheers/Frasier, way too pale and severe.

The twins have a longer nose bridge. Their lips need to be fuller, and they have mom's tan sikintone with dad's orange hair. The haircolor you have is perfect, the skin is too light. The eyes should be the same bright green as their dad. The eyes should be a bit longer at the edges.

The dad looks fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing on him!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
The eyes should be a bit longer at the edges.

The dad looks fantastic. I wouldn't change a thing on him!

the sad thing is, you cant change eye width i'd have to give them alot bigger eyes . about Mary-Sue (the mom) are you talking about the first screenie of her, or the second last? coz the first ones of the mom and twins are before, its the later ones that are more recent

and thanks very much
he was by far the easiest correct (with help) XD

I think i'll update it once more and then try to upload it and hope for an approval

Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: very old, but perhaps OP will return to it ... eventually.
Page 1 of 2