Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add Colour to your Homes: 5 new Recolours of the Scalloped Roof

by Yogi-Tea Posted 15th Aug 2009 at 12:36 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2012 at 7:39 AM by Yogi-Tea : checked all files for compatibility with game version 11.0.84.014017

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:13 AM
YEAH! FINALLY! I've been waiting for these!
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:20 AM
Wunderbar! Thankyou!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 2:06 AM
Thank you ^_^
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 4:06 AM
Thanks for these These are now in my game and seem to be working perfectly. It sure is nice to have some roof variety!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 6:40 AM
For lot uploads, will the downloader need these installed to show up in their game, or does it package with the house?

Grab some goodies on The Rejected

The Rejected is a shared blog and all are welcomed to join. Now you can also follow us @RejectedSims on Twitter.

I'm currently participating in the Builder's Boulevard first neighborhood project: Sanshi Suimei Please join us!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:21 AM

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 8:43 AM
Thanks to all of you for taking the time to say "thank you".

Quote: Originally posted by Gillianivy
For lot uploads, will the downloader need these installed to show up in their game, or does it package with the house?

No, it won't be packaged with the house. Sorry about that - maybe I should have mentioned this in the description text of the download. You'll indeed need to include the roof pattern package in your lot uploads

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate that since it helps me to improve my future uploads.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 11:21 AM
I love this set too ! Fabulous colors again ! Thanks a lot
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#10 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 1:37 PM
La la la. Thank you again! La la la
Mad Poster
#11 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 5:39 PM
Oh yay!! Love these and they look great on your hobbit houses!! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 4:20 AM
I was disappointed that we cannot recolor roof tiles. Thanks for hard work. Any chance a roof that looks like snow on top could be made?
Inventor
#13 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 4:44 AM
Oh thank goodness, new roof colours! These were much needed!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 11:47 AM
Thank you! Needed these
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Aug 2009 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nicketti
I was disappointed that we cannot recolor roof tiles. Thanks for hard work. Any chance a roof that looks like snow on top could be made?

What a lovely idea. Not sure if this can be made but I'll put this on my "to do" list for the next few weeks - maybe I can manage to create a matching floorpaint, too. We'll see...

@all: Thank you for all the lovely feedback.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:18 AM
Oh my. Thank you so much. I'm just *SO* unhappy with the limited roof colors of the base game. This helps incredibly!!

Thanks again for these. Probably the most useful thing I've downloaded to date. ^_^
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:11 AM
I'm sure this will come in handy. Thanks.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 12:10 PM
Thank you for your wonderful roof colours!

I would love to make some roof colours as I used to do so for Sims2, but I can't find neither roofs nor fences in S3OC - is there a tutorial for cloning roofs or fences for Sims3 somewhere?

Come and visit Blackys Sims Zoo
Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 7th Sep 2009 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mammut
Thank you for your wonderful roof colours!

I would love to make some roof colours as I used to do so for Sims2, but I can't find neither roofs nor fences in S3OC - is there a tutorial for cloning roofs or fences for Sims3 somewhere?

In S3OC click at "Cloning" in the menu and there you'll find "Roof Patterns" at the bottom of the list. Click on that and you'll find a list of the current Maxis roof patterns.

Not sure if there's a tutorial especially for cloning roofs in Sims3, however, there's one for Sims2 (sorry, I have no link available at the moment). A very good one, actually.

I'm not aware of any tutorial for cloning fences but recolouring things like that are pretty much the same, I think.

Let me know if you need help (I'm german, too - du kannst mir auch in Deutsch schreiben).
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 5:04 PM
Thank you so much for offering your help, Yogi-Tea!

I had an old s3oc, now I have got a new one and managed to clone fences and one roof.
The roof did appear in the game, but I didn't have this preview-picture but only an empty icon although I had made it. And I wonder how to get a white trim (weiße Dachkante).

I only coloured two dds-files, the light green to light blue, and the dark green one (under) to light grey or almost white.
The roof colour was blue as I wanted it to be, the under side was almost white as I wanted it to be, but the trim was blue. I suppose I should have recoloured another dds-file...
Just see here (scroll down a bit)...

Inventor
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 7:34 PM
Thank you so much for offering your help, Yogi-Tea!
You are very welcome. I like helping.

The roof did appear in the game, but I didn't have this preview-picture but only an empty icon although I had made it.
Hm, that's strange. This never happened to my thumbnails for the roofs. Maybe you changed one of the linking resources in one of the files accidentally. If you send me the package file of your roof I'll check if I can find the error this weekend.

And I wonder how to get a white trim (weiße Dachkante).
I recommend reading this Sims2 Tutorial (scroll down for the part with the explanation of the roof texture). It's very helpful and easy to understand. It helped me alot to understand how roof textures work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
You are very welcome. I like helping.

Hm, that's strange. This never happened to my thumbnails for the roofs. Maybe you changed one of the linking resources in one of the files accidentally. If you send me the package file of your roof I'll check if I can find the error this weekend.

I recommend reading this Sims2 Tutorial (scroll down for the part with the explanation of the roof texture). It's very helpful and easy to understand. It helped me alot to understand how roof textures work.

I know and love this tutorial and have made several roofs for Sims2 - but only the basegame roofs with guids and the normal ones without.

I suppose I have made something wrong with the new s3oc, and so I am very happy that you offered me to send you my roof package, I also included a text where I wrote down how I was doing it (in German), perhaps do you know what is wrong, my package is here

Thank you so much!

Inventor
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 5:11 AM
I suppose I have made something wrong with the new S3OC [...] I also included a text where I wrote down how I was doing it

Got it! I'll send you a PM this weekend as soon as I'm done with it. I'm sure it's a very simple mix up of something.
Test Subject
#24 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Got it! I'll send you a PM this weekend as soon as I'm done with it. I'm sure it's a very simple mix up of something.

You're an angel - great hugs :lovestruc

Test Subject
#25 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:56 AM
Thanks~!
Page 1 of 2