Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#51 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 8:59 PM
Robert Plant - Led Zeppelin

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 8:59 PM
that would be hard to pick just 1
my top five in rock are
1.bon scott
2.Brian Johnson
3.paul stanley
4.ronnie james dio
5.wendy o williams
i have meny more in
deffrent genders
of music
Field Researcher
#53 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 9:42 PM
Shakira! I love her voice, she can do anything with that!

ingeborgsk
Banned
#54 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 1:15 AM
Ugh, Shakira's voice annoys me to death. She has a good voice, just annoying to me.
It's like nasally or something.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by supaclova
Ugh, Shakira's voice annoys me to death. She has a good voice, just annoying to me.
It's like nasally or something.

It might be cuz she's Spanish. Maybe she sounds better in spanish?

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Alchemist
#56 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 11:11 AM
For me, it would have to be pink.
I love her voice, and the fact that she doesn't have a studio voice.
she sounds exactly the same live as she does on a CD/IPod/Mp3 Player/etc.
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 12:23 PM
RE: Who is the BEST singer in the world in your opinion?
Hi everybody,

I appreciate all of you but According to me "Enrique Iglesias" The way he sing driving me crazy. and also he is too handsome.

Enrique Addicted.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 6:29 PM
I'm not going to say best, but definitely favorite...

John Legend, Anthony Hamilton, and Alicia Keyes.

I also like David Grohl and Jack Black's voices.

I don't really f**k with Africa, cause people are starving to death and that's not baller to me...-Dave Chappelle (Chappelle's Show, Cribs Sketch)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#59 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 3:13 PM
Yeah, David Grohl is great. I love Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos, can't get enough of him!
Test Subject
#60 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 12:50 PM
In my opinion, John Lennon.
Katy Perry is pretty good, too.<3
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 5:26 PM
Two of my all-time favorites have been Barbara Streisand and Nat King Cole!

Truly Unforgettable :-)
Test Subject
#62 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 1:22 AM
Michael Jackson
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 3:16 AM
Pat Benatar
Damian McGinty
James Taylor
Pink
Zara Larsson She's not famous, at least not here in the US, but she won Sweden's Got Talent last year and I think she'll be big everywhere one day!
Forum Resident
#64 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 3:51 AM
Michael Jackson.
Whitney Huston.
Mariah Carey.
Christina Aguilera.
Beyoncé.

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Alchemist
#65 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:04 PM Last edited by VoiceIHear : 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:22 PM.
i'm gunna say Celine Dion, I'm not a huge fan but she does have an amazing voice, both in the studio and live.

Simone Simons from a band called Epica has an amazing voice as well, But they're not a very well known band, which is a shame but they're not likely to make mainstream because of their musical style

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Oct 2009 at 1:00 AM
I can't say who are "the best in the world" (a pretty subjective and useless category anyway), but these are my favorites:
1. Daniel Heiman (Lost Horizon)
2. Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
3. Robert Halford (Judas Priest)
4. Ronnie James Dio (Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell)
5. Geoff Tate (Queensryche)
Test Subject
#67 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChemicalCaitlin
This might sound a little odd, but I'd have to say Corey Taylor from Slipknot and Stone Sour. I just think he is one of the few people who can scream well, and he also has a beautiful voice when he's singing. Plus, the lyrics he writes are amazing and often deep, especially in his softer stuff.

... I can name plenty of harsh vocalists who are more skilled than him. But I do like his singing voice.

last.fm

“ I love women, I think they should be naked backstage all the time. I love looking at them.”
- Lemmy
Field Researcher
#68 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:28 AM
There is a few singers who I think have absolubtely beautiful voices but I'd have to say Amy Lee (Evanescence) is the best singer in the world to me.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 3:07 AM
I'm not sexist or anything but I'm not too crazy about female voices.

I do like Chris Cornell's (Soundgarden) vocals; he has an insane range and a powerful voice. Maynard James Keenan (Tool) is also very exotic with his vocals. Anthony Keidis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) sounds pure badass. My favourite screamer though has to be Randy Blythe from Lamb Of God.
Scholar
#70 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:42 PM
I agree that this type of thing is completely subjective. Different voices appeal to different people etc. The best singers in the world are probably living in obscurity in a tiny village in Africa or South America, singing for no one other than their families and friends, unfortunately.

As for "famous" singers I'd have to go with Patsy Cline and Joan Baez. Both have such strong clear voices. Other personal favourites include Billie Holiday, Amy Lee and Enya.
Alchemist
#71 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 8:32 PM
Amy Milan or Emily Haines, both sing like angels.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Beccapixie10
For me, it would have to be pink.
I love her voice, and the fact that she doesn't have a studio voice.
she sounds exactly the same live as she does on a CD/IPod/Mp3 Player/etc.

Whenever I hear Pink, I'm remembered of the Song Lady Marmelade. Sometime towards the end Aguilera and her sing one after another which is so disadvantageous for Pink. You can think about Aguilera what you want and I'm not exactly a fan of today's music, but her voice is outstanding.
I'm a little surprised by the answers in this thread. Seems like the youth doesn't even know music anymore. There's nothing really wrong with all the Underwoods and what were their names again, but it would be sad if your knowledge of music was so limited.
Banned
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:03 AM
I liked Barbra Streisand's voice when she was younger. Now her voice is too raspy from all those years of belting it out. You can really see her age in her voice now. But Barbra was at her peak in the 1970's and 1980's her voice was perfect. You know she had wanted to get plastic surgrery for her huge nose, but never did because she was afraid it would take away from her singing style. And I'm glad she never got the surgery. She used to sing like an angel, before she went into the older raspy stage. Nothing wrong with raspy voices, I love Janis Joplin, and all those male rock singers with raspy voices, and Tina Turner, but I don't think it goes well with Babs.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypKY...feature=related

End of story.

Music has made me who I am. Thank you Katy Perry. <3
Test Subject
#75 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:39 PM
I'd have to say, Green Day.
Then Katy Perry.

just forget the world.
Page 3 of 12