Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 Carpet Conversions Reworked

by JaneSamborski Posted 4th Sep 2009 at 12:11 AM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:19 AM
Wow, this is nice Jane. Thanks so much for this... I have a favourite carpet much like this but it is one channel, and I've often wished for something just like this. Can't wait to try it out for the specular too!

Big thanks to you Jane, ur the greatest!
Alchemist
#3 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:24 AM
Thanks so much! This is a real improvement.
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:39 AM
Thank you, I really need some decent carpets. Strangely I'd never have them in my own house, I go for wood lol but for the simmies, carpets
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:40 AM
Thanks for this! And I have to ask: where did the wonderful paintings in the pics come from?

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HeyBubbe
Thanks for this! And I have to ask: where did the wonderful paintings in the pics come from?

I made them, but I won't be uploading them. Sorry. I don't have rights to the artwork. I know the artist, but not well enough to ask her for permission.
Inventor
#7 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 2:01 AM
These carpets look so good! The ones that come with Sims 3 are so plain, so I'm very happy to see new, better looking carpets to use. Thank you so much for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
I made them, but I won't be uploading them. Sorry. I don't have rights to the artwork. I know the artist, but not well enough to ask her for permission.

Ah, as an artist I understand that completely. And you have some talented friends/acquaintances. I shall remain respectfully covetous and continue to "grr" that me and my no-cc-tool havin' imac can't put my own artwork in my game.

Cheers, and thanks again for all the great work!

"It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times? Stupid monkey! "
Scholar
#9 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 6:18 AM
Great! I love Plum's conversions, but as with all one-channel textures, some colors just don't turn out how you'd like. I probably should have done the same when I converted my carpet, but oh well... you live, you learn. I'll likely post an updated version if I ever do another carpet set.

But anyway, great work; I'll definitely make use of these!
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 7:26 AM
Default Nice :)
I love the carpeting and the paintings. Not surprised that the only uploads you submit are only as great as your talent and generosity. Thanks again
Instructor
#11 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:58 AM
Yaaaay! I hardly knew what I was doing when I first converted these, so I'm much glad to see them improved. If you ever need any of my DDS files or anything to make stuff easier on you, let me know.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:08 PM
Thank you very much for these!
I would really love if you make more conversions from TS2 to TS3...
Espesially that wood that came when you place a deck...

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 1:51 PM
Yay -- DEATH TO UGLY BERBER!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 4:39 PM
Great job! I love this carpets
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:32 PM
Are these default replacements at all or new?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Toberton
Are these default replacements at all or new?

New, they do not replace anything.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 9:50 PM
Nice one, thanks for the fast response
Test Subject
#18 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:13 PM
Thank you for the nice carpets! The ones that came with the game are ug-ly! You did a really nice job on these!
Mad Poster
#19 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 10:23 PM
Thanks #300.

Awesome, I was getting tired of the EA stuff.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 8:01 AM
You've done a fantastic job on these, Jane!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 6:57 PM
These were great for TS2 and they look wonderful in TS3 too!

Thank you so much! :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:45 AM
LOVE these carpets. I use them in every house I have. May I upload with a house I am creating? I will credit you for these and your lovely walls that we already talked about. You have more talent and creativity in your little finger than I do in my entire self--and that's not small
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 6:41 PM
Thank you so much! Good carpets are sorely missing from TS3 - such a basic thing, but all the ones in game aren't good enough for me. This one is great :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 8:48 PM
Always missed the carpets from TS2. Thank you so so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 5:23 AM
This is lovely! thanks!