Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

**Outdated**: Set of 12 Stair Recolours *linked* with matching Railings, Fences, Walls and Floors

by Yogi-Tea Posted 21st Sep 2009 at 5:59 PM - Updated 1st Mar 2012 at 7:59 AM by Yogi-Tea : Outdated - Original Files are now recolourable in Game

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:11 PM
That's a lot of work! Nicely done. Thank you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:16 PM
Thanks Yogi! Indeed that's alot of work and I like your choice of colours.

I'd suggest you add an upload so we can get them all in one download! :p
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 6:22 PM
Thank you so much. I've wanted a white recolor of that fence forever. And all the other colors look great, too.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 7:05 PM
You've done it again! You ROCK!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 7:06 PM
These are wonderful. Thanks so much! But as ozonemania said, you should add a file with all of them
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Sep 2009 at 7:17 PM Last edited by Yogi-Tea : 21st Sep 2009 at 7:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ozonemania
Thanks Yogi! Indeed that's alot of work and I like your choice of colours.
*lol* Yes, alot of work, indeed. I started with only a few colours but then I had the idea to give the stairs the same colours as my recolours of the picket fence and/or other fences/gates, so most of them could be used together. The most work, however, was to test all those recolours in game and to make sure that everything works well.

Quote: Originally posted by ozonemania
I'd suggest you add an upload so we can get them all in one download! :p
Yeah, it's not that I didn't want to do so it's just that I'm not sure if MTS moderators would be happy to see uploads uploaded twice. Hm, I'll see what I can do ... give me a few minutes...

EDIT: Done! Now you may download all 12 colours with only one file - enjoy!

Thanks to all of you for your feedback and all your "thumbs up".
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 12:10 AM
totally excellent. thank you.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 3:19 AM
thank you!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 10:44 PM
Are these stairs in the latest update of the game or something?

I've changed my make-up...did you notice? Ah...men...they never notice...these kinds of things. -Kaede Smith from Killer7
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2009 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VelvetVelourVV
Are these stairs in the latest update of the game or something?
What do you mean by "latest update of the game"? The original stairs' name is "Homestyle Ascension Device from NanoTech Crafters" and all these recolours are clones of them. They're part of the base Sims 3 game and no update is needed for the game to make them work.

Hope this is answering your question.
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 5:40 AM
hi, I really like the stair sets a lot, but I dont know how you got the stairs to turn like that instead of the straight stair case the game always uses. How did you do that and how can I make my stairs do that in the game?
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashleyhops4
hi, I really like the stair sets a lot, but I dont know how you got the stairs to turn like that instead of the straight stair case the game always uses. How did you do that and how can I make my stairs do that in the game?
Oh, you mean the outdoors pictures where the stairs turn to the left (or right?) side? That's very easy to do - just chose the stair you want to place outdoors, click on a free space at the floor and hold the mouse and pull (?) the stair to the position you'd like to have it - not staight but a little diagonal to the left or right side.

Geez, my english is so bad today... sorry about that - not sure how to explain that in english.

Just go and try out ingame - it's very easy. Just don't place any tiles at the floor because then you only get that big straight stair as shown on the indoor pictures.

Hope that helps.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 2:01 AM
Hey, I also really like the stair idea as well, but it is possible to do the turning left or right inside a house? I think I've seen it done once.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 5:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by festiveplague
Hey, I also really like the stair idea as well, but it is possible to do the turning left or right inside a house? I think I've seen it done once.
You may try to find that answer in one of the many existing turorials. I'm not sure if this has something to do with using a cheat or maybe split levels. I haven't read many build tutorials yet. I haven't build anything for quite some time since I've been busy with creating new build mode items. Can't answer your question, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Sep 2009 at 8:22 PM
I like these alot, so thanks! Its very useful!
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Oh, you mean the outdoors pictures where the stairs turn to the left (or right?) side? That's very easy to do - just chose the stair you want to place outdoors, click on a free space at the floor and hold the mouse and pull (?) the stair to the position you'd like to have it - not staight but a little diagonal to the left or right side.

Geez, my english is so bad today... sorry about that - not sure how to explain that in english.

Just go and try out ingame - it's very easy. Just don't place any tiles at the floor because then you only get that big straight stair as shown on the indoor pictures.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, you were really helpful
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 11:23 PM
Can't believe I almost missed this, thank you!
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 4:52 PM
Default Stairs, Railings, Fences, Walls, Floors
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
You may try to find that answer in one of the many existing turorials. I'm not sure if this has something to do with using a cheat or maybe split levels. I haven't read many build tutorials yet. I haven't build anything for quite some time since I've been busy with creating new build mode items. Can't answer your question, sorry.

Do your stairs, railings, fences, walls, and floors work in the Sims 3 game. I have tried downloading them and the walls and floors are not in the game, but the stairs, railings, fences are. I have the TS3 Helper installed but I do not see a monkey installer like the TSMerlin. When I installed the program it puts and icon on the desktop where you can install from there.

Blessedchild42
Inventor
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blessedchild42
Do your stairs, railings, fences, walls, and floors work in the Sims 3 game. I have tried downloading them and the walls and floors are not in the game, but the stairs, railings, fences are.
This is why youi'll only read in the description text of this download that the stairs, railings and fences can be used seperately - I did not say so that the walls and floors can also be used seperately.

It's in the settings that they don't show up seperately in the catalog. This could be changed with S3PE - it's no big deal to change that, actually - but I do not recommend that. After downloading other walls/floors or other downloads (e.g. linked stairs) with walls/floors included your wall/floor catalog will soon look rather messy. It's better to wait for more useful wall/floor patterns than to spoil this category with an endless number of blank wall colours. Since this upload is mainly for the stairs, railings and fences - the included walls/floors were meant to make the linked stairs work well in game - they have no special pattern or anything like that. Also, if you deleted one (or all) of the linked walls/floors from the catalog the linked stairs would no longer work the way they should

The blank walls and floors in the game can be easily changed. Just use the design tool to get the colour you want and save that.

Quote: Originally posted by Blessedchild42
I have the TS3 Helper installed but I do not see a monkey installer like the TSMerlin. When I installed the program it puts and icon on the desktop where you can install from there.
I've never heard of TSMerlin - but the TS3 Install Helper Monkey is a great tool. You just right click the file(s) you want to install and chose the folder you want to put them in and that's it. Everything works fine. I just recently made a few new subfolders. I loooove the TS3 Install Helper Monkey. Thanks to Delphy for this wonderful (and very helpful) tool. :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:58 AM
Wow, what a huge set. Thanks.
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:04 PM
Thank You so much! I'll try to make my windows and doors the same colors!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 11:52 PM
Sweet! I get *so* tired of the same boring stairs/colors in the game - these are perfect! =)
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 8:36 PM
I Like all these colors. Thanks
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 7:43 PM
Thank you, Yogi-Tea! Now I have more choices for my stairs.
Page 1 of 2