Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Sisaly : 5th Oct 2009 at 4:11 AM.
Default *New* World Adventures Video of China
I just saw this today and it's looking much better than I thought.

I LOVE the kung fu moves!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFyGIXvUWQ

Plus the screenshots...
http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep1/screenshots

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:02 AM
I saw that! I'm totally psyched about China. Now, if only they would show us France....
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 4:10 AM
Well at the end there was that tiny sneak peek...but wtf is up with the mummy in France? lol

And I want to know what the guy in the field at the beginning is harvesting.

China looks totally cool.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 6:51 AM
I don't think you want to see France--the one screenshot looked extremely disappointing lol It looked identical to Sunset Valley (or Riverview).

But I must admit, the martial arts sequence in this video is impressive for EA's standards...
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:07 AM
What you see isn't always what you get, with EA. The martial arts do look cool in the video, but how well is that going to translate into actual gameplay?
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 9:40 AM
^^I think we all know by now that those scenes are extremely tweaked. But the jist is still cool as hell.

Let's all shit on it after it comes out, mkay?

Instructor
#7 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:06 AM
I liked WA when I first saw information about it. Now with this newest video I am really looking forward to it. I can't help but wonder if that garden plant in china is cabbage. It did kind of look like it. When I first watched the video I was like wtf, and had to rewind because I wasn't sure it that mummy really was in France. Needless to say it was! The fact that there are suppose to be adventures in China and France seems great to me. I love my sims, but I also enjoy adventure games and to me it seems great that I will be able to take my sims on an adventure.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:17 AM
IMHO Egypt looks like my least favorite so far.

The China scenes look kick ass.
Sookielee I agree it looks like cabbage.

The whole thing with EPs is not so much what the main gameplay things are, but the little things we get with it.

The deco in that video looks great. I'm sure we'll get new build tools and so on. That's what I get EPs for, the little things that make the game even better, not the fact that I can send them to a different place.

They did the same things for TS2.
Sledgehammer
Eye dropper tool
Hair per outfit
and so on.....

Scholar
#9 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:27 AM
The mummy in France actually makes some sense. Considering we've seen the Eiffel Tower, we can assume it's Sim Paris - the mummy escaped from (Sim) Louvre, where there is a large Egyptian section, and said mummy is on a rampage.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 12:51 PM
Thanks for posting the link, now I'm 100% sure I won't buy this crappy expansion pack.. The Sims 3 is The Sims, not Tekken or Tomb Raider.

formerly known as DollyL
Forum Resident
#11 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 1:16 PM
The mummy in France is probably just for the laughs. I'm 110% sure there won't be any mummies in France.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is the martial arts.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HaphazardSim
Is it just me or did the dude trying to break the board not actually touch it before he jumped back in agony?

Yeah, I thought so too. :P

Origin username: Vattenliljan
Scholar
#13 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:00 PM
Yep, he didn't touch it. I'm hoping it's because he is so fragile that even moving his hand brings agony lol But knowing EA, it's probably because reusing the same animation is easier. Oh how highly we think of this company....

France looks like my least favorite since it looks identical to Sunset Valley (thus far), but I find Egypt and China to be interesting destinations.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
The whole thing with EPs is not so much what the main gameplay things are, but the little things we get with it.

So true, for example BV was an suprisingly good EP, but my sims only went to a handfull of vacations, but the other objects/interactions were worth buying it. I wasn't that excited about this when we had only seen Egypt, but china looks interesting, and I'm spesially waiting for france, hopefully we'll get alot of city styled objects, houses and such with it.
Typical
#15 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 8:18 PM
I just hope that with this ep, they give us new voices. Really, a French person with an English/American accent? No.
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 8:23 PM
If you listen closely, you can hear a difference in the men's voices, definite Chinese character to it. But I'll wait to see what really comes with the EP.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
If you listen closely, you can hear a difference in the men's voices, definite Chinese character to it. But I'll wait to see what really comes with the EP.

yes i heard that too, it sounded a bit more deep and rough, more asian! I hope this expansion is as good as it looks.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 10:04 PM
This video actually lifted my hopes. It looks pretty cool.
Scholar
#19 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 3:09 AM
I'm quite sure (though I could be wrong, of course) that the "rough voice" we heard was not a new voice, so much as new dialogue for the Expansion Pack. Because even EA would feel pressed to give our sims more dialogue for an EP...
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 7:29 AM
My cousin noted something very interesting when he watched the trailer. He said it appeared that the two fighting sims were using the same backhand and roundhouse kick moves over and over again. I didn't notice this at first, due to the very clever editing on the trailer, but after taking a much closer look, it did appear that the sims only has two to three attack moves, tops. And they are looping over and over. I certainly wouldn't be surprised that EA once again got lazy on the animation and decided that repeatable 1 second animations would be good enough.

I imagine the martial arts will get old very quickly, which will be a pity if that is the case.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 7:54 AM
I haven't done much research, but does anyone know if there will be new traits and LTWs with this expansion? I completely agree with what Sisaly said earlier:

"The whole thing with EPs is not so much what the main gameplay things are, but the little things we get with it."

and in my opinion, traits is something you can NEVER have too much of. :P

Oh and, kuroineko05, yes, that seems to be the same couple of moves looping. Pity.

Origin username: Vattenliljan
Mad Poster
#22 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 8:36 AM
Eeeeeeee, it looks pretty good to me. So hoping it's not gonna be a big ole disappointment D:
Forum Resident
#23 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kuroineko05
I certainly wouldn't be surprised that EA once again got lazy on the animation and decided that repeatable 1 second animations would be good enough.

That'd be sad. You hit the zombie once and it's over.
Alchemist
#24 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
That'd be sad. You hit the zombie once and it's over.

i can see it now:

today, on the 10 o'clock news, it was reported that a group of researchers trapped in a tomb were assaulted by zombies.

thankfully, all they needed to do was slap the reanimated corpses once or twice, and escaped whole and unharmed. the worst reported condition of the survivors was one child with a stubbed toe.

coming up next: how to get rid of a vampire with only a flick to the nose!

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Alchemist
#25 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 3:23 PM
cool video, but I'm still passing. I have better things to do with my $30
Page 1 of 2