Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#51 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 5:31 AM
Haha, i have so many struff but it turns out i am not mistaken.
BMM does somehow create the Bgeo's difrent then the game.
If you like i can send the files?
I have a mesh(and package) i haven't fixed yet so you can see for yourself?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#52 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 3:40 PM
Always interested in problems with my software! Yes, please post the files.
Sockpuppet
#53 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:23 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 28th Jan 2010 at 4:29 AM.
Its the straplessswimsuit i modded, attached the nude bottom underneathe it.
Its not finished yet, need to adjust a few bones etc
The screenshots show the uvmaps from both the top and bottom.
I do know that a mesh layer wrapped arround a body needs to be exactly identical as the underlaying mesh, you can see a few faces that need to be mirrord as these also cause problems(clipping) but the clipping is just to big, its the fitmorph causing the problems.
The UVmapoutfit on the screens is not included, its from the one i am trying to fix.
plz infrom me when you have downloaded it so i can remove it
I included the package and the ms3d mesh(both meshes merged)
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#54 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:37 PM
hmm, i redid the meshes and i suspect the problems lays within the skeletons used
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:59 AM
I've downloaded the file - you can remove it. I'll take a look when I have a little more energy - like tomorrow - and let you know if I see anything. Looks like you may have figured it out yourself, though.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:44 AM Last edited by necrodog : 28th Jan 2010 at 6:58 PM.
Good evening. I have this problem. After doing the morphs and saving the geom files, for example the mesh_fat.geom. If I reimport them to milkshape the bone assigments of the vertices get lost. Am I doing something wrong? I have attached the original mesh, the fat morph and a milkshape file before the export. Thank you in advance.

Oh! I forgot to mention that I cloned it from earrings and the vertices are associated to the face.
Sockpuppet
#57 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:21 AM
The morphs do not have bone assignements, they use the ones from the base mesh.
Sockpuppet
#58 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I've downloaded the file - you can remove it. I'll take a look when I have a little more energy - like tomorrow - and let you know if I see anything. Looks like you may have figured it out yourself, though.

I am almost sure that was the case, the mesh also has this strange bulbs above the hips when using the sliders but i am 100% sure the bonesettings are correct on that spot.
The oufit i used is the afbodyofficier wich has 2 lod1 meshes(lod1_1)
The lod1 i used for the top while lod1_1 is for the bottom but i used 2 difrent skeletons on them wich i think might have caused the problem...
Field Researcher
#59 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
The morphs do not have bone assignements, they use the ones from the base mesh.

Oh! Thanks Base1980.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#60 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 12:10 PM
Base: In comparing your combined mesh with the original bathing suit, both fat and fit sliders maximized, I see slight differences in the shape of the top mesh where the bottom is coming through. If you didn't re-shape the mesh then I suspect you're right and it's a boning problem slightly distorting the shape when morphed. Still possible that it's MorphMaker of course but I don't see anything wrong anywhere else.
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#61 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:04 PM
Must be, i remember when meshing for sims 2 they also used difrent skeletons for the hair meshes.
I did trash the mesh tho, i think i have come up with something more easier and more universal to open all the closed skirts.
I am now making a universal nude bottom and set it to accesoire.
Then i remove all the legs and the parts that close the skirt from the basegame skirt meshes(just one easy edit only on the lod1 mesh)
Combining the 2 will give me the desired upskirt look
the lod2 and lod3 skirt meshes will stay the same while the lod2 and 3 bottom meshes are empty(just a placeholder in it)
It should work, in theory :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 1:31 PM
Sounds good.

When I have time I want to experiment with joining top and bottom meshes and may run into the same problem.
Sockpuppet
#63 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 3:26 PM
I am thinking about writing a tutorial on how to do so but every time i am in CAs i get another idea, taking all my time....

Unfortunate the bottom as accesoire has the same texture issues as the previous meshes i tried.
The skirt textures are overuling the bottom textures
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
Unfortunate the bottom as accesoire has the same texture issues as the previous meshes i tried.
The skirt textures are overuling the bottom textures

I wish I knew more about meshing and texture mapping and could help but I'm pretty much a beginner in that area.
Sockpuppet
#65 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:43 PM
Hey,
Cmar, i am having trouble with BMM
I simple cant get the morphs work together.
Mentioned this before but wasn't sure and most of the files i can not post here.
Here is a example of a bottom mesh that should work properly in theory.

I made all necesarry lod files, a total of 15.
Unfortunate the fit morph does not cooperate with the thin and fat morph and i am secretly hoping you could adjust BMM a little(no idea wat im talking about now lol) so the morphs work?
Its a fig leaf for the adult female and altho i can reposition the figleaf on the fit morph to make it work with the thin and fat, the leaf will be to far of the body then when the default shape is used.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bloom_afbottomFigLeafs.rar (227.8 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  meshes.rar (151.1 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#66 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 8:51 PM
hmm, and again im in doubt...
They do cooperate arround the waist but not arround the butt!?
And it is not because the leaf isn't attached to the body, i have other meshes that are solid and have the same issues.
I have made a gorgeous compilation() of Warlokk's 36DNx34, the CPU, Rengal and Fashion model.
But the breasts heavily deform when using the fitmorph slider.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#67 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 9:40 PM
I'll download and look when I'm home tonight.

Have you checked the bones? I suspect there may be a bone component in the fat/fit/thin morphs.
Sockpuppet
#68 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 9:56 PM
eh? not sure wat you mean?
The morphs use the bonesettings from the base mesh, dont know any other setting.
Thank you for taking the time to look into it!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 2:28 AM
Jumping in randomly here: have you looked at the data in the morph geoms by looking at them with Delphy's Simgeom editor? While its useless to edit morph geoms, it can detect when Milkshape dumps a garbo morph.

Also, if it is a teen mesh that is having problems, then the problem may be with milkshape/Wes' plugins. I've always had problems with teen meshes--no matter how hard I try, there is always a vertex alignment error along the upper seam, and its most noticeable at the back.

But if my comments are way off-base, you can ignore me; I'm sorry. I don't have time to test or look at files; I'm just trying to be as helpful as I can while keeping my time on MTS limited to 30mins a day.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#70 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:10 AM
Base: I meant the bone assignments for the fig leaf in the base mesh, but I see you set them to be close to the nearest body mesh vertices.

First - the package you posted has no BGEOs, so I generated them with MM and added them to the package. When I looked in CAS, everything works great except the top side petals of the back fig leaf disappear into her butt when the fat and fit morphs are both activated. Is this what you meant?

I tried changing the bone assignments of the top side fig leaf petals to 100% pelvis, but when I added the resulting base mesh to the package (replacing the original lod 1 mesh) I got morph explosions. Maybe I did something wrong - just changing bone assignments shouldn't have that effect - it acted like I changed the vertex numbering.

Too late and I'm too tired to do more tonight - been having some issues with my PC and it takes about 3 1/2 years for the game to start up. Will try again tomorrow, and maybe I'll have some bright ideas by then.

Rez: Nice to see you! Too bad Real Life is keeping you to only half an hour a day, but your priorities are absolutely right. I hope school is going well! I'll take your suggestion (sort of) and look at the BGEOs with MM's utility to see if anything looks off.
Sockpuppet
#71 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 3:36 AM
when i had the same issues with the breasts i also tried to assigne the whole chest to one bone, it doesn't make a diffrence.
Its how the morphs interact with eachother.
If i switch the bgeo's for instance, like swap the fit and thin both morphs show up fine when using the topslider.

I will do do a simple test if you like by rebuilding the Bgeo's of a base game outfit and compare the 2
By using a accesory(wich works with the sliders) on it we should be able to see the diffrences.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#72 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:44 PM
Have to admit I'm kind of stumped why this is happening. I honestly don't think it's anything MorphMaker is doing - all MM does is translate the delta coordinates in the morph meshes to the format used in the BGEO files. I've generated BGEOs from game morph meshes and compared them to the game BGEOs and the only differences were a few very small rounding errors. As you know, there's no other information in the morph meshes or BGEOs, so I don't see what could be getting screwed up. Still, it would certainly be worthwhile to test MM-made BGEOs for game clothing in the game in case I'm missing something.

As a fix for your immediate problem, I tried moving the top part of the leaf in the fit morph slightly away from the butt, and that eliminated the thin/fit problem and improved the fat/fit problem while not being really noticable in the fit morph. With some tweaking of the fat morph I think everything will work.

I'd also like to try attaching the leaf to the butt with a few faces to see if that anchors it in position, and more experimentation with the bone assignments to see for sure whether the fat/fit/thin morphs use the bones.
Sockpuppet
#73 Old 2nd Mar 2010 at 8:28 PM
oh dear, maybe i know wats causing this.
I always assumed that the skeleton didn't matter when importing the meshes in MS(always used the one included in the GEOM importer) as the moment you export the geoms and importing them in the package they will be using the one from the comments(TGI link)
Ill try to import/export the meshes with the correct skeleton to see if that makes a diffrence....
Sockpuppet
#74 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:58 AM
nope, imported/exported the geom's with the correct skeleton and rebuild the bgeo's, didn't make a diffrence.
Cmar, i know i can fix this for this mesh, like i did with the frenchmaid as top.
But you do see a diffrence when the default shape is used..(i know...want things perfect :D)
I can send you the Warlokk compilation, its even more bizar.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#75 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 1:50 PM
I tried using CTU to make a copy of the af SwimsuitStrapless mesh, in Milkshape subdivided a couple of faces and moved the resulting verts to make decorative spikes coming up from the neckline, did the same for all the morphs, renumbered everything, and used MM to make new morphs. In CAS the morphs work flawlessly but the little spikes are dropped down to the floor instead of sticking up a little! Tried the same mesh change without the new morphs so it doesn't seem to be a morph issue.

Tonight I can post pics and try again to figure out what the heck is going on.

Yes, would like to see your Warlokk meshes too. If you want to send them by email just PM me.
Page 3 of 4