Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Maywood House – Small villa – No CC

by plasticbox Posted 14th Nov 2009 at 2:42 AM

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:43 AM
Here's the overview screenshots (to see playability), plus one alternative layout for the ground floor. The extra bathroom + larger dining might be useful when the house is used for a lot of sims.
Screenshots

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:23 AM
Very nice, I love it! Thanks! :O)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 1:24 PM
It's actually pretty good looking. I like it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:26 PM
I don't normally download houses but this is gorgeous, well made, and looks very playable. I have just the classy sim to put in it, and its on my favorite lot in sunset valley <3 Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:50 PM
I love it when a house looks realistic, thank you!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 3:52 PM Last edited by ruthless_kk : 14th Nov 2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: typo fixed
Major amounts of cuteness! Plastic, I love your builds because you keep things small and the proportions are so well done....they just ooze charm.

There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
Sir Francis Bacon (1561 - 1626), "Of Beauty"
Zombie Socks
#8 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 4:24 PM
My gosh that is adorable! Usually I don't download houses, but I will certainly make an exception for this one!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 4:51 PM
Absolutely fabulous, as usual!!! You have been my favorite builder since the sims2. I must have downloaded all of your houses. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 5:07 PM
Really beautiful house and with a nice floorplan Thanks a lot! I only download your houses nowadays since no others can live up to the expectations you've created, haha.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 5:40 PM
I ADORE this house. The architecture is amazing, the rooms are nice and cozy and set up nicely and I love the exterior. Amazing job!
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:33 PM
This house is the perfect example of why you are my favourite builder. As ruthless_kk said this house and your others ooze charm..it should have a puddle! Well done and thank you once again! XD

^_^
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 6:52 PM
I have to admit that i'm a sucker for this particular architectural style. I especially like the mansards and the gabled roofing. The landscaping is incredibly clean and organized considering the small size of the lawn. Now i'll have to demolish a default EA lot to place this one (who cares, they suck anyway lol).

If you would create something, you must be something.
-Goethe
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 10:41 PM
Gold Trimmed 'plasticbox' another remarkable job.
You always amaze me, I love this house!!

Thank You!

ClicknPsycho
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 12:01 AM
I love it, I will download it! I just got how the stairs work... kinda... but how do you get to the basement? >.< I don't see the stairs to them...
Instructor
#16 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 6:45 AM
I love this house. It's beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 7:00 AM
Akkuonna, please look at the screenshots. The stairs to the basement are clearly visible .. bottom left of the floorplan, top left of the overview pic.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#18 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 8:35 PM
I think this is absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the heads up on the possible lag. I seriously need to upgrade my RAM.... I'm bookmarking this so once I get around to upgrading, my sims will be able to fully appreciate it.
Instructor
#19 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 11:33 PM
Really amazing work, plasticbox! It looks so stately!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Nov 2009 at 7:04 AM
Gorgeous ! Thanks for sharing
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 7:13 PM
sparkleshatter: I've meanwhile moved some sims out of that house, and the lag is gone (I'm playing with my usual settings again, with 4-5 sims). So apparently the problem wasn't (only) the lot, it was the number of sims it seems.

(Still, my advice would be to test it before moving in .. every machine performs differently, and I can only speak about my own setup).

Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 2:57 AM
This is amazing! Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 5:09 PM
I love it!

It's just perfekt, like all the other houses you created in the past.

Can't wait to see the Backdoor Lane-houses for the Sims 3!
Instructor
#24 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 4:34 AM
What a beautiful, charming and practical to play mini mansion I love the size of the rooms, their decor and that lovely window box at the rear
Test Subject
#25 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:00 PM
the best
Page 1 of 2