Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:27 PM
Ugh...I had the same exact problem. I install WA and the new patch. I noticed the dreaded blue lots only showed up after saving/exiting my old saved games that I had before I installed WA and the patch.

I suspect this problem was caused by the error code 16 save problem. When you "save" the old(er) saved games, it corrupts the game file.

After loosing my legacy, I've since started a new legacy/household. I can now save, exit and reload no problems.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:12 PM
I am getting this same problem, the lots disappearing and turning in to empty blue squares, but its also on NEW saves and brand new games, and it was also BEFORE I got WA, right after I patched.

It has still persisted since I got WA, it isnt usually after I go on vacation, but usually occurs after I shut the game down, and I have been using save as every time I save, renaming it something new each time. When I go to get back into the game, and open up my saves, all the lots are blue once again. I actually played for 3 hours without any problems last night on a new game, saved as and went to make dinner. Came back and started up the game and everything was blue...

I have very little CC and no mods/hacks. What CC I do have came from EA themselves, and I have actually removed it and done several fresh installs, and I still have the same issues.
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
I was wondering if this issue has something to do with the new stairs and fences that come with the patch, because the houses that don’t disappear in my game are simple and don’t use, all others houses use old stairs and fences.

Anyway, I’m not sure… it’s just an idea…

sorry, Bad english
Scholar
#54 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lagusta
I was wondering if this issue has something to do with the new stairs and fences that come with the patch, because the houses that don’t disappear in my game are simple and don’t use, all others houses use old stairs and fences.

Anyway, I’m not sure… it’s just an idea…

sorry, Bad english

Nope, some houses that have fences were still retained for my friend.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 12:50 AM
I have the same problem and have tried all suggestions in threads here, at TSR, and the official site. I totally reinstalled to add the patch and add the EP as I could not install them without doing that. I have tried old and new hoods, and when a Sim returns from vacation the lot is gone, or OK, but then there are the blue lots when I play the next time.

This is all in Riverview for me. The legacy save is just a save. In or out, use it or not, I get blue lots.
Test Subject
#56 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 2:00 AM
I spoke too soon; my 'finally properly working save file' has ONLY the lot I'm playing that isn't sunken in and blue, all the other ones are sunken and blue, the intire neighbourhood! This is after deleting caches and all old saves, but after patch 1.7 (I figured if its supposed to fix the problem; I might as well try it), either way: everything is still blue. Save seems corrupted but I can play the family without any issues.

Weiiirrddd. (this is with just patches, not WA, but its the blue sunken lots problem WITHOUT getting error 16; so it looks most like this problem, so I'm posting it here)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 3:18 AM
Has EA made any indication that they recognize this is an issue? Also is everyone with blank blue lots getting an Error 16 message? I never got any kind of error message.
shiny!
retired moderator
#58 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 3:38 AM
Those that have exhausted all other suggestions and are at the point of reinstalling, please do so exactly like this..

1) Go to My Documents and cut/paste your user files from C:\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ to your Desktop. (This is where your saved game data is so if you don't want to lose it make a backup first)
Also, back up your cc from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods'

2) Uninstall the expansion and base game from Add/Remove Programs. Then restart your computer.

3) Manually delete the entire 'The Sims 3' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3' (you should have backed up your cc in step 1) and 'The Sims 3 World Adventure' folder from 'C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures'

4) Download and install this program: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Use the registry cleaner. When it prompts you make a backup of the files you are removing

5) Restart your computer, then try to reinstall and play the game. Don't patch it the first time. See if it works. If it works then you can experiment with patches.. if you really want to.

6) If it still works, you can try adding back in your user files
Inventor
#60 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
5) Restart your computer, then try to reinstall and play the game. Don't patch it the first time. See if it works. If it works then you can experiment with patches.. if you really want to.

Including the EP or with no EP ?
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~Po~
None of the folks over at CrazyTown are experiencing blue lots, apparently, and they all followed the suggestions in this thread:

http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567

I will attempt when I get enough nerve. I had bad news today, and need a break.

I've tried it already but it seems that it doesn't work.
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim
Has EA made any indication that they recognize this is an issue? Also is everyone with blank blue lots getting an Error 16 message? I never got any kind of error message.

Not anymore. At first I got error 16 and thats when the first blue lots appeared in my game. I then deleted all save files I had before and started again, I also did the patch 1.7 that they brought out that is supposed to fix error 16. So far with all my new save the error 16 problems are over but I'm still having blue lots ALL over the neighbourhood. Everything except the rabbit holes, the empthy lots and the house I'm currently playing is blue and sunken. Thats not really a fun neighbourhood. Since its all new saves ánd I'm no longer seeing error 16 I just don't know what to do with this now. I don't feel like re-installing and I don't think its the mods I have in that are to blame. My game loads fast, does not lag, all mods work and its all EA made stuff that is showing up blue. The only house with custom stuff in it is actually working fine. I just don't know what to do now.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 5:23 PM
Okay, so is there any consensus yet that moving the .DLL file, the mods directory and the resource.cfg into the World Adventures folder will solve this problem?

Or have we moved away from that theory?
Test Subject
#64 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 5:51 PM
I've been trying to find an answer to this glitch for several days and I found the cause, for me at least.

Files named lemonc_IndoorPlants* When I place these plants on a lot and then save the game, close the hood and reenter I find sunken pools for lots. Once I have sunken lots the hood is ruined and can not be fixed.

The CC has to actually be placed ON the lot for this to show up. Just having the CC in your folder will not show the glitch.

I am currently testing all of my CC to see if there is anything else. So far it is just those plants.

If you want to test if this is true create a new hood, place the CC on a lot, save the game. Quit the hood then reload it. Sunken lots? bad CC. No sunken lots..good CC.

I can reproduce this 100%. I adore Lemoncandy's items so I hope it can be fixed.

ADDED: Of course this means it can be any CC, even EAs...so everyone will have to test.
Scholar
#65 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 6:09 PM Last edited by Jasumi : 20th Nov 2009 at 6:20 PM.
To add to your observations, VitaSims also has corrupted CC that will slow your game to a crawl.

EDIT

Another tip to help find corrupted CC is to open up packages in Merlin. If you don't see a pic of the mesh or any info, chances are it needs to be deleted.
Scholar
#66 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 6:24 PM
Well crap! I love those plants.

What is/where can I find Merlin?

I've also noticed that a number of my sims3pack files are turning "read only", which doesn't seem right.
Test Subject
#68 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 8:14 PM
I removed all of Lemon Candys plants from my downloads and although 2 lots were still blue (these were this way as soon as I installed WA), the rest of them remained normal when I returned from vacation.

Is there any way to remove the blue lots as they no longer seem selectable?
Test Subject
#69 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 9:48 PM
I've also deleted the plants (I had downloaded pretty much any plant I found; I found there were too few in the game) and not seen the problem since but I'm completely NOT trusting my game anymore now so I made sure I had '.sim' files of all my favorite sims backed up somewhere that if I were to clean install, I wouldn't have to try and make them again.

Must say one awesome thing about patch 1.6 / 1.7: There's 3-5 new cas sliders; still a few that I think are still very much needed but atleast they're working on it, might also explain why cas-sliders mods may not work with patched/WA-installed games?
Test Subject
#71 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 8:41 AM
I had similar experience too, regarding the blue lots when i returned from a world adventure. I thought i would lose my family, but here's what i found.

For people who don't know yet-
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/125651.page. -- Delete the folders and rename the .sims3.legacy file to .sims3. Not perfect, but will help to safeguard your family.

Here's another thing about custom content. Out of frustration i started a new family. I build no houses or use custom content (except my sims's hair). I brought the guy to travel to different places, and when he return home, everything's fine. I restarted the game, and played the family, again there were no blue lots found. I seriously think that the custom contents plays a role in problems, glitches etc that we are expereincing now. (I myself have 300 over custom content). Although i understand that many of us, reinstalled the game without any CCs and are experiencing many problems. But in my opinion, to play safe, stop using custom content.

All the best people.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 2:23 PM
I have found using any CC plants, vases, clutter classified in the Decorations/Plants catagory will result in blue lots in my game. Those items in the Decorations/Miscellaneous catagory have been working and haven't had a blue lot yet, well after restarting the game and hood four times.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 3:33 PM
Not only am I having problems with my current neighborhood, I'm also having problems in Egypt.

I had no problem installing or any kind of error messages. And as you can see my lots are black not blue. So am I having the same problem as the people with the blue lots or is mine an entirely different problem. I have no hacks installed by the way. I even removed all of my CC and I still had black lots.
Test Subject
#74 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:54 PM
Turns out the problems I have appear only in riverview? A first save attempt in a new sunset valley áctually worked. I was surpised but I'm seriously hoping it'll stay this way from now on! Will see if I have any clutter left to take out too now; as plants cause problems. Also will be getting actual WA in two weeks; so then I'll have to take them out anyway, might as well now if it can fix problems.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 10:05 PM
For me, it's something other than Lemoncandy stuff and Vitasims stuff (those are the big two being mentioned around the web). And I don't have the expansion, so let's put that to rest - it's the patch.

I have quite a bit of CC, and really can't be bothered to do free testing for EA in terms of narrowing it down further, so it looks like it's time to catch up on other games. An absolutely pathetic state of affairs... do they have any quality control at all?
Locked thread
Page 3 of 5