Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Twisted Bathroom

by vampyreelf Posted 20th Dec 2009 at 6:51 PM - Updated 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:04 AM by vampyreelf : Added complete file, smalled down other files

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 7:41 PM
Thank you for sharing ..awesome job
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 7:59 PM
These are beautiful, I can't wait to use them.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 8:23 PM
WOAH...
But that's a LOT of SEPARATE files to download.... arg one pet peeve of mine is when there's so many files but no file with ALL of them bundled up. :D

GREAT UPLOAD, though! I might download it some other time.

ENTJ
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 11:49 AM
These are fantastic! Thanks a lot
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 6:03 PM
hehe.. the transparent tub kinda reminds me of the designer bathtub in Singles I have to agree Lavaster, it'd be great if there was a file with the whole set in it.

It really looks great and gives a quite extravagant touch, I like ^^ many thanks for sharing!

~under construction~

(well... undergoing a little creative block, you know)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 5:11 PM
I have a lot of occasional brain failure issues, one of them being not to think of uploading a complete file I tried to make one, but it is too large. If you know of a zip program that makes more compressed file, just let me know. In the meanwhile, I'll keep searching for a solution. And BTW, thanks to all for the thanks
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 6:33 PM
Have you tried compressing your package files? Your recolors packages each are about 350kb, which is pretty large for a simple recolor. If you use the compressorizer it should drop to about 1/3 of that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:07 AM
HugeLunatic, that worked great. Thanks It still didn't make the zip files much smaller, but it was enough, so now the full set is available in one file, and I found a bunch of other neat programs while looking for the compressorizer, so thanks again
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 5:13 PM
Es impresionante
muchas gracias
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 1:55 AM
These are exquisite. Love at first sight. Would you ever consider letting a designer make these for real use? I'd love them in my real home.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Dec 2009 at 3:37 AM
I'm glad you like them, Nekomata. It would be neat if they could actually exist in real life wouldn't it?
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 6:23 AM
Where's teh toilet! :O
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2010 at 12:09 AM
You have a point I've just been putting one of the game toilets with it, since I figured a transparent toilet would be somewhat on the weird side, but who knows. Maybe a recolor would work for that
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 4:19 PM
It didn't work for me . I tried everything and the game kept freezing when loading ..... I'm very sad
gorgeous set
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 11:05 PM
That is sad I cloned stuff off objects out of the base game thinking I could get past that problem, and it seems to be okay on my very aged computer (it just turned 10 - happy bday to it ). Let me know what kind of expansion packs you have and which part, or if it's all of it that you're having trouble with, and I'll see if I can track the issue down.
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 8:27 PM
Great set! no more boring bathrooms! lol
I too would love to have a toilet, just make it solid, not transparent.
And I would love a collection file!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 11:28 PM
2 votes for a toilet and 1 for a collection file noted and will be worked on I'm slow at the moment due to some other projects, but I'll see what I can do I kind of ran out of ideas when it came to the toilet, too, so if you have something in mind for what it should look like, please let me know
Test Subject
#20 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 9:13 PM
Yes, please, a toilet! I have this set, and have had it since you uploaded it, and always end up not using it because of the no-toilet thing. A pretty colorful bathroom with a boring toilet throws me off, so I end up changing it. I would love to be able to use the set with a toilet!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Aug 2011 at 3:06 PM
I'm sorry to tell you, but when I'm loading my game, the game crashes because of your files...
It's not cool because this looks so beautiful!
I wish I could use it!
Can you give an explanation why it doesnt work?
No mesh problems, etc, so I really dont know...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 2:31 AM
toilet please
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:22 PM
DUSKvsDAWN, I have no idea why it would be crashing. I had one other post say the same thing, but I never could recreate the problem and I didn't see another post. I have many computers with somewhat different versions of custom items and Sims packs loaded on them, along with versions of Windows XP Home, Pro, and Windows 7, and it hasn't shown up. My husband suggested there might be a custom pack that people have with a similar name from somewhere else (this apparently causes a similar issue in SimCity 4, his fave game), but since I generated a new id for the stuff I made and never put anything but the one copy online, I'm not sure that's the problem.

Lynn, Ember, Lizzie, HarleesMom - It has taken me forever, being that work or now school has always taken my time, but the toilet is almost finished. I'm making the skins for dirty today and then testing it. The only issue is that it has about 400 polys more than the toilets currently in the game, so based on how it tests, I might have to work on that. I'm getting there though
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 4:20 AM
These are lovely. I wish you had continued. Thanks for what you have made, I'm looking forward to trying them out in game.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 10:16 AM
My game also crashed when I loaded your files. I came back to look at your screenshots again and decided the set was totally worth going through every file to find the bad one. After reloading the game a dozen or more times I believe the offending file is:

vampyreelf-twistedtub.package

After removing this file, my base game loaded with no problem. I was missing the tub though.... If you figure out what the problem could be and update, please let me know.
Page 1 of 2