Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Mosaic updated for 1.17/2.12/3.8/4.5/5.2/6.0

by Rothchild Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:58 PM - Updated 27th Oct 2010 at 7:48 PM by Rothchild : Updated!

490 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 387 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 20
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:15 PM
Thanks I was wondering why the effects were not there.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:22 PM
I didn't even know there were any new effects. The old version was reported as being compatible so I never looked for an update.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:24 PM
Glad to see people working on WA stuff. Thanks!
Instructor
#5 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:29 PM
There are new effects for WA?!?
Thanks for letting us know, and for this updated mod!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Field Researcher
#6 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JeffreyC
I didn't even know there were any new effects. The old version was reported as being compatible so I never looked for an update.

By whom? Everywhere I've been people have reported problems with the old version.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 6:41 PM Last edited by billy143 : 24th Nov 2009 at 6:51 PM. Reason: spelling
I just tried this MOD and my Sim is still pixelated!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 7:11 PM
well... it works for me... but i just got the bluescreen-lots bug for the first time (this is the only mod i use)
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 7:51 PM Last edited by JCity : 24th Nov 2009 at 9:36 PM.
I found a little thing that NoMosaic removes: the ghost special effects. They do not float and do not show their specific effects that every kind of ghost have (Like the fire and smoke from a sim that burned to death).

One good thing about it is that my playable ghosts have started walking again! I hate when they float XD but I miss the effects tho :p

EDIT: Forget what I wrote before. Its a bug in my game that makes ghost sims disappear when spliting a family in my game.

--> NoMosaic does not remove the special effects on ghosts :P
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 8:14 PM Last edited by Anshin Lanugo : 26th Nov 2009 at 11:52 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TashaFaun
By whom? Everywhere I've been people have reported problems with the old version.

I've never had a problem with the old version on any of the WA patches, but this new version seems to be working too...

EDIT: This new version is way better! So much I was missing with the wrong mod. Thanks again Rothchild!

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 8:16 PM
Thanks for this, it makes it so much easier to figure out where I need to go next in the tombs
Test Subject
#12 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 9:06 PM
works great so far. you also helped answer why the visual effects weren't working with WA....cuz of my old version of nomosaic which worked, but had that uncool side effect.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 10:38 PM
WOah! THAnKS
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 1:10 AM

News posting on Snooty Sims:

"World Adventures and mods
After installing World Adventures, I first checked if custom content was still working. Objects, skins and clothes all still seem to be working. Mods however is a different story. For example my buyable Life Fruit stopped working as well as several others. Censorpatch still works though, but it's clear that a lot of mods will need to be updated. "

Hence why I never looked for an update or thought there was a problem.

Love this one, sure see what was missing
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeffreyC

it is. i have the original "no mosaic" download, and it works fine for me.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120

Can you see the new effects? That does not mean it is working "fine".
Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 11:37 AM

What I mean this person is trying to ask, is if you go to edit town then in top right corner and chose China, Egypt, or Italy is those towns showing ok?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 12:44 PM Last edited by Rothchild : 25th Nov 2009 at 6:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Just to let you know, this mod has been posted since the 21st at Crazy Town. Initial feedback has been positive.

Quote: Originally posted by billy143
I just tried this MOD and my Sim is still pixelated!
That would have to be an installation issue, since dozens have confirmed it removes the censor.

Quote: Originally posted by VilVandor
well... it works for me... but i just got the bluescreen-lots bug for the first time (this is the only mod i use)
I have heard of a few reports of that happening when people had no mods or CC. Often times when people download sims or lots they get CC without their knowledge. I don't think this mod could cause that, but we still don't know a lot about the blue lot issue. Through testing most seem to link it to CC and not mods. I will keep an eye on this issue though.

Quote: Originally posted by JCity
EDIT: Forget what I wrote before. Its a bug in my game that makes ghost sims disappear when spliting a family in my game.

--> NoMosaic does not remove the special effects on ghosts :P
Thank you for the update, I was just about to test that. If this mod does create any issues, this is around what I'd expect.

Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120
It will work, but you are missing new effects. When you get the Eye Candy trait you won't see the sparkles, when you meditate you won't see the glow, and many others. Some of the new effects are very useful for tomb exploration.

Quote: Originally posted by jamesdeath21
What I mean this person is trying to ask, is if you go to edit town then in top right corner and chose China, Egypt, or Italy is those towns showing ok?
This mod nor the old version should have any effect on that.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 3:26 PM
can you make a mod that will allow sims to travel when they're pregnant?
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for this Mod, I just downloaded. Now I can't figure out how to put into my install it into WA. Which path should I use to install it perfectly in my game?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bikini91
can you make a mod that will allow sims to travel when they're pregnant?
I believe that would be either a core or scripting mod, neither of which I've tried before.

Quote: Originally posted by MarlaM
Thanks for this Mod, I just downloaded. Now I can't figure out how to put into my install it into WA. Which path should I use to install it perfectly in my game?
If you have WA the mod should go in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Mods\Packages

You'll need to make sure you have Resource.cfg in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 6:12 PM
I saw your discussion/work on this subject at Crazy Town. Thanks for the fix. i could never find those stupid fire bugs.

All my creations are free to use, no permission required. Make any changes that you want, as long as you don't upload it as your own work. Please visit us at http://TheIsleofCatarinaSims.com .We are former members of SapphireSims2, and have creations for Sims 2,3,and 4.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 10:36 PM
YES! I wanted someone to remove the sparkle effects on Eye Candy trait. And the glowing when you meditate was getting annoying, too. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 11:08 PM
Sorry Austin, you misunderstood me. Those effects, and every new effect, are missing from the old No Mosaic mod. This version lets you see all the new effects, the good (like flames from flame traps) and the bad (like constantly sparkling sims).

There have been many requests to remove the sparkle effect from Eye Candy. I have seen the reference to it in the Sims3Effects file, so I should be able to remove it just like the blur. Before I do that I want to make sure there are no issues with this mod, and find out if that can be achieved with a texture replacement.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 1:30 AM

i meant it is compatible
Page 1 of 20