Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 6:13 AM
Release date is confirmed for February 2nd for Loft High End Stuff and here is 3 screenshots just released.Check out the tub in the bathroom. I'm still waiting to see the heartbed. I read on wiki it's the one from the sims 1 and not the sims 2 version.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/sp1/screenshots

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:28 AM
High-End Loft Stuff Trailer is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AGg...player_embedded

ps; sorry if this was already posted.
Theorist
#53 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 1:43 AM
Someone already got the game! Take a look here (pictures on pages 5, 6, 12, and 13)

Wow, I'm really convinced that this SP is worth it and not just for the anniversary items! Guitars can now be hung on the wall too.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 6:14 AM
OMG. That thread over at "that" sight hurt my head! (ya know NOOB Central EA) Some poor lucky bastard got his hands on a copy early, and they are over there demanding numerous specific screen shots of clothes, images, chairs that they WANT to see. Not even please, thank you or if you have the time. Other than that the furniture looks pretty cool.

Also someone over there BOASTS about telling EAxis that there is a bug that when you register your SP, it glitches and gives you get 1000 Sim points on accident. He reported it!! Geesh, I'm so grateful I belong to this forum.
Theorist
#55 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 3:45 PM
Absolute classic on the BBS:

"Is the create a world tool included in the stuff pack? "

Honestly, my word. :/

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#56 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigga07
Also someone over there BOASTS about telling EAxis that there is a bug that when you register your SP, it glitches and gives you get 1000 Sim points on accident. He reported it!! Geesh, I'm so grateful I belong to this forum.

He's a Sim Guru, that's what he's suppose to do

Post by SimGuru_Pierce: "Because as a SimGuru I am supposed to do that. That's one of the reasons I got the game a week earlier. It is part of my duties to help EA."
#57 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 5:35 PM
There were some people that thanked him. Didn't you read the whole thread? He's suppose to put up more pictures today.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 6:18 PM
Yeah, actually, most of them were thanking him. The TC wanted to post pictures anyways because he was asking if anyone had any information or picture requests. Some people were a little demanding though, making lists of what they wanted and reposting if they did not get a reply fast enough.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 6:47 PM
people always get so hysterical...

its going to be out in just a few days, and i am curious but rather find out for myself. its so much more fun that way.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
There were some people that thanked him. Didn't you read the whole thread? He's suppose to put up more pictures today.

I "read" most of the thread, or as much as I could before my brain exploded, and i didn't say NO ONE thanked him, just suprised at how demanding and rude people were being to him, especially since he was posting pics to be nice to those who can't wait another 3 days.

I love the pics of the new the stuff pac though! Even if it it might not come with free online Store Points.

As for the SimGuru_Pdude whatever, I don't care if it's his duty. Why in the heck tell me that EA screwed in MY FAVOR and that you are so DUTIFUL you HAD to report it. If it was his true duty he should have done it and shut the f up about it. Don't we pay enough as it is to play these games? Oh yeah but he gets his A WEEK EARLY and PROB at DISCOUNT! I'm sure he just wanted to rub ii in how special he is that he works for the EA Site. DBAg
Field Researcher
#61 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigga07
As for the SimGuru_Pdude whatever, I don't care if it's his duty. Why in the heck tell me that EA screwed in MY FAVOR and that you are so DUTIFUL you HAD to report it. If it was his true duty he should have done it and shut the f up about it. Don't we pay enough as it is to play these games? Oh yeah but he gets his A WEEK EARLY and PROB at DISCOUNT! I'm sure he just wanted to rub ii in how special he is that he works for the EA Site. DBAg

If they are to expensive you could just not buy them, no one's making you. Or you could do what alot of other people do and wait until the price drops or get a second hand one from ebay or something. A bug that gives away free stuff would have been found by EA very quickly anyways, no use getting bent out of shape about it

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 8:51 PM
All I can say is 'Corporate, money grabbing b**t***s'.
And yes I do mean it. EA wants to milk as much money out of us as they can and they KNOW we'll buy it because serious sims fans will feel as if they're games are incomplete otherwise.
I want to see new innovations not an easy money generating knock out.

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
If they are to expensive you could just not buy them, no one's making you. Or you could do what alot of other people do and wait until the price drops or get a second hand one from ebay or something. A bug that gives away free stuff would have been found by EA very quickly anyways, no use getting bent out of shape about it

I was never upset about the price! LOL! I've bought every game since Sims 1, now would not be the time to gripe about Prices ya know. I just thought he was being snooty trying to rub it in to other people's faces, and as an "EA" forum moderator yeah well what ever. People are people. You're right; no use getting bent lol. Stay at my happy home over at MTS
#64 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:31 AM
Silver found a bug in the sp. He says all the new beds have the vibrate feature but if you try to vibrate the beds that arn't the heartbed your sim is propelled to the yard. Fortunaly this doesn't effect the heartbed just the two others.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:16 AM
This pack should be on my doorstep tomorrow afternoon... =) I can't wait.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:45 AM
Well, I was excited. If I get the stuff pack I will have to upgrade to 1.8/2.3 which is included in the stuff pack. I spent forever getting the game to run decently and I don't really like the idea of possibly crashing it again. :-(
Alchemist
#67 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:08 PM
For Mac users Just putting it out that it was in the Apple Store that I went to yesterday FYI.
Alchemist
#68 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bryan19kc
Well, I was excited. If I get the stuff pack I will have to upgrade to 1.8/2.3 which is included in the stuff pack. I spent forever getting the game to run decently and I don't really like the idea of possibly crashing it again. :-(

is it confirmed that you'll have to patch? I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get my mods working again
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 2:18 PM
From what I've seen, you don't have to download the patch, the patch is already in the Stuff Pack, and the stuff pack itself upgrades the game to version 3.0 I think it is. So because of this, it will be the same had an EP come out or a new patch came out.
Alchemist
#70 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
From what I've seen, you don't have to download the patch, the patch is already in the Stuff Pack, and the stuff pack itself upgrades the game to version 3.0 I think it is. So because of this, it will be the same had an EP come out or a new patch came out.

that was kind of what I meant. so you're saying if you install the stuff pack it will patch the game? If so, I'm not buying it. That latest patch screwed with my mods and I had to do a reinstall without it. Major PITA
Scholar
#71 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Silver found a bug in the sp. He says all the new beds have the vibrate feature but if you try to vibrate the beds that arn't the heartbed your sim is propelled to the yard.

Well, I was of two minds about getting this pack. I think the furniture is ugly (I'm not a fan of modern) and the only real selling point is the aquarium, but Sims being unexpectedly launched out of bed? I have to see that. :P
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:16 PM Last edited by CobaltCorvid : 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:06 PM.
Whee mine is installing now. It did say it needed to 'update my game before installing', even though I had the latest patch. So it appears that it does indeed patch your game. I'll edit this if it breaks any if my hacks/mods (I use some of the more common ones).

EDIT: It does update the game, to 3.something. And, sadly, it breaks AM, among other mods. :'( Mine gets to the loading screen and stops - no loading bar ever appears. I expected it, but hey, didn't hurt to try.

-Supercomputer won't make your game stop working but it doesn't appear to work.
-None of my autonomy mods made the game stop working either. Can't tell just yet which ones are and are not working.
-The no fire mod doesn't cause the game not to load.
-"Anach"s mods from the AM site won't make the game not load.
-Faster gardening didn't make the game not load.

Looks like AM is the only one (I have) that will prevent you from playing for the time being, although I'm wary of running a non-working mod, even if the game loads. Anyway, hope this helps!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:43 PM
on my launger it says there's a new patch to be installed, but i'm waiting for my add-on before i start updating. i enjoy my mods way too much too risk losing them..
Banned
#74 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:48 PM
I forgot all about this. Pity it goes to a totally new patch out of nowhere, but that patch *will* be standard in the coming days whether you own the stuff pack or not, I suspect.

Is there a list anywhere of what it does? It'd be fun to know anyway.

Won't bother until some mods get updated, particularly awesomemod, but man, I want that fancy fire pit, the stereo, guitar, and aquarium.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:58 PM
This will probably be obvious to anyone anyway, but -- if you pull AM out so you can run your game be sure you grab your slider hacks out too. I was puzzled by the fact that it crashed without AM/wouldn't load WITH AM/did fine with no mods folder at all until I remembered that part of AM is a slider hack.
Page 3 of 7