Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 12:11 PM Last edited by SilentResident : 18th Dec 2009 at 5:11 AM.
Post your ideas for your Custom-Made-Neighborhood HERE!!!
Yes yes yes, I know, I am a "Sims 3 Create-A-World Tool" maniac!!!! He he!

This is my 5th post about the (damn long-waited) C-A-W, my dearest Simmers!

Lets make the Mod The Sims site the unofficial center for our C-A-W created neighborhoods! Lets track your ideas here!!!

Cmon!

Tell us pls which Neighborhoods you are planning to create?

I start with me: I am gonna create the ghost town of Silent Hill as my first neighborhood!

A whole ghost town, with pathways and bridges, sidewalks by the houses, fog weather, omg, amazing horror thriller scenery!!!

The reason I want to create Silent Hill, is because of its shadowed gardens! Many houses in the town of Silent Hill have gardens full of trees, and pathways that link them with the main roads!!! The houses are not placed directly next to the main roads, however they are connected to the main road with pathways!!!

Another reason I want to create this town is because I want to try a variety of options the WA expansion offers to me: FOG weather! Yes! Fog in your main town! Isn't that immersive? And especially thick fog in a ghost town makes things to be an.... amazing scenery!

Teeee heeee!!!!

C mon! My fantasy has creative orgies now, as the C-A-W is coming soon!

CMON E.A.!!! I BEG YOU, E.A.!!! RELEASE IT NOW!!! E.A., YOU HAVE A DEAL WITH THE COMMUNITY!!!

(for those who don't know, the Official site of Sims 3 C-A-W Tool just opened few days ago, at: http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world )

What ideas do you have? Which neighborhood is your dream?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 2:09 PM
The magical kindom of Far Far Away. A magical land where fairytale chararcters live. Based on the same town from Shrek 2 & 3. There is the Far Far Away Sign, the fairytale castle, and a winding road up to the hill with all the mansions where the 'good guys' all live.

On the other side of the river however... lies a completely different kindom whatsoever. Here the fairytale witches, warlocks and ogres all hang out.

Basically, its a medievil, fairytale version of Hollywood. I've already started building the lots for it, plus I have a sim collecting metals and gems to fill up all the mansions and the castle with gems. She has over 6M simoleans worth of collected stuff so far!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 2:25 PM
Cazarupt, that sounds really cool! XD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 4:34 PM
Thanks Arisuka! I am sooo looking forward to this. It's being released on december 10th! 1 week 1 day to go!
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 5:10 PM
I will be creating a town with on the one side very large lots, expensive mansions and rich snobs. Of course they try to stay oblivious of the other side of town that's a down right ghetto. The rich side will be founded by a man (don't have a name for him yet) and the most infamous person on the poor side will be sister, who has numerous kids by numerous daddy's. Of course her snob brother will have numerous kids with numerous women too, but that will be something noone speaks of. I intend to make the poor part near the beach, so that the few rich sims that do buy a beach home won't be able to avoid interaction with them.
Also there will be a few immigrants from france, china and egypt who will try to start a new life here. They may live in various locations on the map.
I want something with maybe a large lake in the middle One thing that is for sure: i will be placing LOTS AND LOTS (and by lots i mean LOTS!) of... lots.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 5:40 PM
Think I'll make a miniature version of the Netherlands. Typical brick buildings, try and make some canals, a farmhouse or two. Might have a problem or two with some much needed textures and the lack of boats, but I'll work it out.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 5:48 PM
arcadus: i already started building a grachtenpand. Problem still is that the only way to make the roof look anything like those roofs is taking a townsign and putting it on top of the roof...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 6:19 PM
I'm so excited about it that my opinion keeps changing. I haven't been able to play lately due to time constraints - but this is a blessing, I guess, since there is no way I will play in Sunset Valley once I can have a custom neighbourhood
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 6:45 PM
I'll do several, probably. Venice, a ninja village, Collinsport (from Dark Shadows - my sister is a big fan of that show), and whatever else I think of while I'm playing around with it.

I am wondering now how many maps you can have in your game. Currently there are two - Sunset Valley and Riverview - as well as the three WA locations - but what happens when we a lot maps installed? It doesn't seem to have any affect, but I still wonder.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 7:50 PM
NekoCat - EA have said that you can have as many installed as your hard drive space allows. I think that is implying that having lots installed wont effect gameplay speed.
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:27 PM
I'm going to use information from a class I took this semester, Designing the City, to create the ideal city. It should be really cool. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:34 PM
Shall we release a Sims 3 version copy of the Sims 2 Neighborhoods? Will many players like it? :-/
Banned
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cazarupt
NekoCat - EA have said that you can have as many installed as your hard drive space allows. I think that is implying that having lots installed wont effect gameplay speed.

Absolutely not. It means that you can have as many neighborhoods as you can save to your computer, meaning there is no limit.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:51 PM
Im going to recreate PleasantView exactly as it was....
Then i will place my lots from my already recreated PleasantView and im going to upload it....
Im really into converting stuff from TS2 to TS3... (:

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:07 PM
Maybe we should Silent. First I think people would like to see something fresh and new though. Maybe some other shakespere plays or books in general like Veronaville?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pokeylope
Absolutely not. It means that you can have as many neighborhoods as you can save to your computer, meaning there is no limit.

Thats what I meant, I was saying that it implies that having lots of neigbourhoods will not slow down the game.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:37 PM
Probably not possible but I'd love to mess around with other textures besides the typical greener than green grass. Snow, perhaps? It'd be great to design a little frozen over mountain town. I think whatever I make I will stick to plenty of smaller lots, I have something against the huge lots and never use them. Find myself running out of the 20x30 lots in Riverview.
Eminence Grise
#18 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 9:45 PM
I'm a very beach-oriented person, and there was no beach vacation place in World Adventures, so I'd like to try a nice tropical beach town... ideally on a little archipelago with several islands linked by bridges (there seem to be real bridges in WA, like around the Forbidden City moat in China). Not so much fancy resort as laid-back island culture. Thatched-roofed beach shacks and lots of community lots right on the beach... a couple of mansions high on inland hills... and lots of collecting Maybe some mysterious ruins back in the hills and a dungeon or two.

We'll see if I manage to see something through to release though, lotta work in doing a whole hood!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:13 PM
Yeah it'll be a massive job making a whole hood. Over 80 lots for a full one...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 10:56 PM
lol guys, we have pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty of work when CAW comes out, thats for sure!!!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:18 PM
I'm gunna try something, fail, and move on.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 11:18 PM
When is it out?

Me addicted to the Sims? Never! You only have an addiction if you attend meetings.
Alchemist
#23 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:13 AM
im probably going to make my own mini tokyo, or something. >>;

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 12:39 AM
Is there a download for this if you dont have world adventures?

And the computer it is on dont have net?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:34 AM
I don't know what world I'll be making but it will definitely not be as "sunny" as Sunset Valley. I don't know what it is about that town. Too many green trees? The fact that everything is right in the center of it? I'm pretty sick of looking at the town already.

I'm excited about being able to spread things out and section certain things off. Hopefully change the facade of the buildings so I don't have to build an existing building around a current rabbit hole.

Hm. But this new tool begs the question: how much harder can EA PHAIL screw up my current settings? I swear to Christ if I am forced to uninstall anything, it's gone for good. Game, tool...what have you.
Page 1 of 11