Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 2:16 AM
I plan to make a city-suburb with some mountain people who live far from civilization.

I'm so antsy about CAW that I refuse to play the game until I can use my ideal town lol
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 2:25 AM
I'll be remaking my favorite neighborhood from TS2, since I've always wanted to play it without loading screens. Kind of a tropical resort town with a blend of Mediterranean and modern Asian architecture. Full of stucco, tile roofs, palm trees, and efficient use of space.

I still wish I could remake the big market district and crowded apartment streets, but that will have to wait until we get those back.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anthoric
I'm gunna try something, fail, and move on.

Haha me too. I'm going to try, fail, then dl a good one someone else has made!

I want to make somewhere surrounded by lots of ocean with some big mountains.

I'd like to make a place called Styrofoam valley, but I don't think I want to make a valley
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
im probably going to make my own mini tokyo, or something. >>;

Ooh please do I fail terribly at making anything, I just download. And I would be first in line for a mini tokyo

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:30 AM
I would like Harry Potter Hogwarts world, ancient rome, zoo land, amish land ie lots of working farmland, rennaisance land, prairie western land. Ditto on the try for 2 yrs, fail, dl better stuff from other creative types. Didn't EA mention somewhere there were going to be some premade templates?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:36 AM
I'm going to create my own little "witches of eastwick" neighborhood like the series on abc.....except this one won't have as much magic as it might have...well....that's just say... woohoo

lol (devilish laugh)
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:45 AM
Witches of Breastwick?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:47 AM
I'll likely make a 'hood suitable for my 1930's-50's sims. Something nice with fewer lots packed into a smaller space. Lots of foliage.

Also, making a more compact hood that has the mood of Sunset Valley.

And since it has a feature to use JPGs to deform the terrain, I'm HELLA gonna use the USGS geotifs to get reallife locations! X3

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:39 AM
Awsome idea SilentResident, i absolutly love Silent Hill. I will be first in line to download that one. I will try to make a new world but it probably wont look anything like i want so i will leave it to all of you .i am sure some one will have my taste.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:46 AM
The thing I'm wondering at the moment is, how is the community going to handle it? Is there going to be yet another section separated from everything where discussion is impossible? Find it hard enough to get excited about posting any content I've created when you just stick it in a thread and if you get lucky you see a post: <name> that looks great!

Neighborhoods more than anything are going to be something the whole community wants to be involved in, and more than one person might even need to work on them.
Alchemist
#36 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cazarupt
Thanks Arisuka! I am sooo looking forward to this. It's being released on december 10th! 1 week 1 day to go!

Wow!!! i jsut saw this thread, and this post made me really excited... good timing EA, ITS THE DAY AFTER SUMMER HOLIDAYS START! i can play with CAW all school holidays...
I want to make Sovereign Hill, a historic village tourist atraction type thing that is in Ballarat, Australia, one of the main towns of the Gold Rush in Victoria. I really like sovereign hill, ive been there many times, and ive been going o make it since sims 1 times... Well, early sims 2 times actually, but i really cant wait to make it.
And also it would be nice to make my school, because the overall space is rather large so i could make it into a town...
Field Researcher
#37 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arcadus
The thing I'm wondering at the moment is, how is the community going to handle it? Is there going to be yet another section separated from everything where discussion is impossible? Find it hard enough to get excited about posting any content I've created when you just stick it in a thread and if you get lucky you see a post: <name> that looks great!

Neighborhoods more than anything are going to be something the whole community wants to be involved in, and more than one person might even need to work on them.

I think the collaborative potential for making new towns and hoods will be excellent when this editing tool comes out. If it's flexible enough maybe WIP files can be uploaded and shared between builders, terrain decorators, people creating families, etc.
Theorist
#38 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:48 AM
I've been off the Sims 3 radar for a month. itt people speak confindently of making Silent Hill world, orc world, 1930's 1940's world, rich vs poor world, etc! Will this really be possible, or is it speculation?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
I've been off the Sims 3 radar for a month. itt people speak confindently of making Silent Hill world, orc world, 1930's 1940's world, rich vs poor world, etc! Will this really be possible, or is it speculation?

Of course is possible, especially if you have the WA Expansion.

The World Adventures Expansion Pack adds more stuff to the Create-A-World tool, and especially the following:

-Fog weather
-Desert terrain
-European terrain
-Asian Terrain
-New flora & Trees
-New Road types
-New Roof Types for buildings
-New Architecture

So, yes, with WA, the possibilities are plenty!!! You can almost create anything without a need for Custom Content!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:36 PM Last edited by SilentResident : 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:50 PM.
My dearest simmers, in order to enjoy one of the most beautiful ghost-towns of the United States of America, the town of Silent Hill, you will need the World Adventures Expansion pack for sure!!! (sadly)

Because of the WA Expansion Pack which adds the must-have Fog weather (see Shang Simla's fog weather), now, the foggy, middle-american, ghost town of Silent Hill is finally a possibility!!!

I have already made the town of Silent Hill for The Sims 2. Was so beautiful.
I needed a lot of Sims 2 expansions for this, due to the lack of features in the Sims 2 base game. I needed especially the Open For Business Expansion for making the shops in the town more realistic and close to the real ones.

But, in Sims 3, Silent Hill is possible so early in the game: with the first Expansion even! With World Adventures, Silent Hill can be done! Due to the permanent fog the WA Expansion adds, we dont have to wait for a Weather Expansion Pack, and thus, the Sims 3 base games offers us all the Rabbitholes needed so to make the town of Silent Hill a functioning one, without hacks!!!

The custom Neighborhoods in Sims 2 were not so funny as in Sim 3. In Sims 3, Silent Hill will be more funny and enjoyable, due to the Endless Neighborhood system.

In Sims 2, to make the town of Silent Hill, was kinda hard as well. The lack of Rabbitholes caused problems. This forced anyone who wanted to create the FUNCTIONAL town of Silent Hill, with functioning Hospital, functioning Police, etc, to use player-made hacks for this...

Thanks to Sims 3 World Adventures Expansion Pack + Create-A-World Tool, no hacks will be needed so to complete the town of Silent Hill!!!

Love Sims 3! :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#41 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 1:44 PM
I want to make an English seaside town, and now we have seagulls that will be easy to make the right atmosphere.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 4:01 PM
Hmm, well I guess I'm gonna be going in a different direction than most, I'm planning on creating the Western/Irish quarter of my hometown...

But I'm quite excited about its release--and its timed perfectly. By the time it comes out, I'll have finished all my term papers and stuff, so I'll have a fair amount of free time!
Mad Poster
#43 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I want to make an English seaside town, and now we have seagulls that will be easy to make the right atmosphere.

I'd love that! And maybe an English country town??? :b

And maybe your wonderful English style doors and windows with the brick arches! Those were my absolute faves in TS2!

Not "requesting"...just enthusing! :D
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:37 PM

Where are the seagulls?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#45 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:40 PM
They have some squealing near the river mouth in France. There must be some spawner you can place.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 9:56 PM
'Member that little beach town that plasticbox made? Called "Elsewhere"? I want THAT in my Sims 3. I had it in TS2 and omg, if that could be recreated in TS3 it would be absolutely brilliant, with the seamless neighborhood and all. <3

Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 10:21 PM
Hmm, just remembered, I will totally recreate Springfield. The Simpsons version that is .
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cazarupt
The magical kindom of Far Far Away. A magical land where fairytale chararcters live. Based on the same town from Shrek 2 & 3. There is the Far Far Away Sign, the fairytale castle, and a winding road up to the hill with all the mansions where the 'good guys' all live.

On the other side of the river however... lies a completely different kindom whatsoever. Here the fairytale witches, warlocks and ogres all hang out.

Basically, its a medievil, fairytale version of Hollywood. I've already started building the lots for it, plus I have a sim collecting metals and gems to fill up all the mansions and the castle with gems. She has over 6M simoleans worth of collected stuff so far!

OMG, this sounds amazing!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:09 AM

With "Seagull Crap" terrain paint? :D
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 1:30 AM
Are you sure the tool comes in a few days (and not a few weeks)?

I'd hate to get my hopes up and then have them dashed.
Page 2 of 11