Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 8:59 PM
Oh I know what you mean :/ That's one of the reasons I can't tell him how I feel either, that and he's in love with my best friend haha. He's also a really good friend, and I don't want to ruin that.
The guy I like is leaving school next year and going to university, and I probably won't really talk to him again. Not looking forward to it.

Ugh, this stinks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:15 PM
I'm feeling a bit better now, but I just need to get something out of my system really badly

[wailing]EVE! I STILL LOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE YOU![/wailing]

"I may not be good, but I'm loud and I'm cheap"
I know you'll never love me, and this is why I cry,
I'll never feel your arms around me, or ever meet your eye...
Banned
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:31 PM
^ sucks. Looks like the teen club is home for the broken hearted
Mad Poster
#29 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:39 PM
Just a little bit of a tip, DJ: BE SUBTLE. You may not think that it is the best way to get her attention, but here's a little story about me and Wilbur (also known as boyfriend number 2).

Once upon a time, there was a school trip which sent 45 students around Australia with some teachers. One night, a group of 7 or so students decided to break away from the main group, who were all sitting around playing cards, and play Truth or Dare. As is expected, about three turns into the game, things started to get a little bit more heated, and the first kissing dare was given out.

This went on and on for a fair while, until one girl dared me to make-out with Wilbur. Now, Wilbur was the kind of guy I'd fall for - hard. He was tall, stunning blue eyes, gorgeous hair, muscular, smart, musical...pretty much an all round perfect guy in my books. So, I accepted the dare, and yes. It was quite lovely, and I found that I had actually started developing feelings for him.
It seemed like he reciprocated my feelings towards him, and after some snooping by a friend of mine, I asked him out. He said no. Cue the heartbreak. Ow. Worst thing of it was, I was stuck on a trip with him for another week, and it wasn't like I could just leave, seeing as we were in the middle of a desert...no joke.

Anyway, we went back to school the next term, and I still really liked Wilbur, but I didn't want to ask him out again because it seemed he didn't like me. So I let the matter drop. I still sat near him, because that's just where our groups were, but I didn't make the complete effort to go out of my way and flirt with him. I would do the whole subtle flirting, and I didn't think he was realizing.

That was until he walked up to me one day after class, and asked if I wanted to see a movie with him. I'll tell you now, I nearly passed out from happiness, but I said yes, and thus the relationship began. I didn't throw myself in his face, proclaim my love for him, or anything like that. So, just a pointer, be a bit more subtle.

Then again, that's just a tip from a girl who has had her heart "broken" and has learned the lesson.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:47 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm sorry if i'm boring you all.

Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 10:59 PM
You're not boring me. Helping people out on MTS gives me something to do aside from pretending to be Dumbledore...
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:29 PM
Lol i mean, i know i go on but she makes getting up in the morning almost worth it...

Mad Poster
#33 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:30 PM
...I actually do spend a fair bit of my time pretending to be Dumbledore. It is ridiculous fun when you're as big of a Harry Potter nerd as I am

And it certainly sounds like you've been bitten by the lovebug. Just keep my advice in mind. Changing your signature was a good move, by the way :D
Scholar
#34 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:35 PM
Haha, I love Harry Potter! i used to be obsessed when I was young, I was sooo convinced I'd be getting a letter for my 11th birthday telling me I've been accepted.

Also Dan, I agree with Sophie. Take her advice
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 11:41 PM
I'm still ridiculously obsessed with it, and I don't think that obsession is going to be dying down anytime soon XD.
Scholar
#36 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 12:31 AM
xD
I wish I was still obsessed, it was such an awesome time.
Banned
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:00 AM
*shall always be a harry potter obsessed person*

Seriously, I'm worse than the twi hards. I read them all around 13 times and I watch the movies alot.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:04 AM
^Yay! Someone who is just as obsessed with it as me : D. I'm re-reading them at the moment because I'm lending my entire series (*sob*) to a friend on Tuesday. Tomorrow night my friend Sam and I are getting dressed up as Harry Potter characters to go and see New Moon, making loud exclamations whenever Edward's on screen ("Merlin's pants! Cedric Diggory is alive!") and when he kisses Bella ("Really, Cedric! What would Cho say?!"). If we get kicked out, then I'm going to pretend to be from the Ministry, and say we were conducting research on behalf of them surrounding the strange circumstances of Cedric Diggory's resurrection ("Now honestly, how dare you kick us out and interrupt our research! We were merely chasing up some leads from the muggle-world about a wizard's death, and you go ahead and interrupt us? I'll make sure that Mr. Shacklebolt sends you some Howlers right away!", followed by us running off cackling). After New Moon we're coming back to my house to have a Harry Potter marathon as well :D
Banned
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:15 AM
O.O I really wish I was there. That would be funny as hell.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:15 AM
It's going to be worth the $13.50 that my movie ticket is going to cost, just for the laughs :P. Unfortunately (well, not actually unfortunate in my mind), I have to walk through the mall dressed as Hermione Granger XD
Banned
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:25 AM

Why not take the clothes in a purse and change in the bathroom?
Mad Poster
#42 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:25 AM
Well, the nearest bathrooms are about 100m away from the cinemas, and I don't want to buy my ticket and change in the bathrooms in the cinema. Otherwise I can't act like a weirdo and talk in a British accent about my plans to infiltrate the Ministry and freak out the other people there .
Banned
Original Poster
#43 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:18 AM
Good point. Let me know how it goes. I'll be there with you in spirit
Inventor
#44 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:59 AM
Oh, I'm a massive fan of Harry Potter too! Read the series about 6/7 times, saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince at the cinema two days in a row. We pre-booked and my sister was ill on the Monday, so I went with my Dad. My sister got better by the next day so I went with my sister and Mum.
I've got DVD now and I am so happy. We're going to watch it tonight.

There's so much snow here! Schools cancelled (my last day anyway) and children down my street are playing and making snow men. I would of liked to go into school for my last day but I can't be too grouchy... it is snow after all.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#45 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 12:24 PM
*also loves Harry Potter* .

my mum used to hate me reading it cause of the whole wizards/witchcraft thing she had against it, she got over it.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Scholar
#46 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
^Yay! Someone who is just as obsessed with it as me : D. I'm re-reading them at the moment because I'm lending my entire series (*sob*) to a friend on Tuesday. Tomorrow night my friend Sam and I are getting dressed up as Harry Potter characters to go and see New Moon, making loud exclamations whenever Edward's on screen ("Merlin's pants! Cedric Diggory is alive!") and when he kisses Bella ("Really, Cedric! What would Cho say?!"). If we get kicked out, then I'm going to pretend to be from the Ministry, and say we were conducting research on behalf of them surrounding the strange circumstances of Cedric Diggory's resurrection ("Now honestly, how dare you kick us out and interrupt our research! We were merely chasing up some leads from the muggle-world about a wizard's death, and you go ahead and interrupt us? I'll make sure that Mr. Shacklebolt sends you some Howlers right away!", followed by us running off cackling). After New Moon we're coming back to my house to have a Harry Potter marathon as well :D

Best plan ever!!! Can I come?
I am also completely Harry Potter obsessed. Me and my brother. We've both read the books too many times to count. My parents are kind of hopeless though. When we went to see Half-Blood Prince in the cinema, halfway through the movie, my mom turns to me and whispers 'does Dumbledore die in this one?' God forbid she actually pay attention to the movie and wait and see for herself. At another point she asked me if the death eaters are the bad guys She didn't call them death eaters though. She just pointed at the guy on the screen or something.

Is there a Harry Potter group on this site? Is it dead or something? I never saw one...there should be one.
Alchemist
#47 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 5:01 AM
I think there is actually...

hang on I'll see if I can find it
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...=546&groupid=90
Not terribly popular though, only one thread and the last post was over a month ago. .

Scholar
#48 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 10:17 AM
I think someone should make a new Harry Potter group :p

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Inventor
#49 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 10:45 AM
I'm part of the old one. Just joined it so it would look nice on my profile. After all, I'm a big Harry potter fan. You should start a new one. Also, someone should start a Harry Potter roleplay. There are never any new roleplays these days.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#50 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 1:34 PM
^I agree.

Page 2 of 6