Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#26 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 8:50 PM
Maybe if I pop over to The Sims Supply, I could find out more info about this. I'm going to go ingame now and see what I can come up with as a very very very rough draft :-)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 9:05 PM
hope to see some pictures soon,..
btw
maybe we two should open a seperate post for hyrule buildings..? think revenger should have his post for world creation :D
retired moderator
#28 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 9:33 PM
Maybe we should ask R first what his plans are for these things. That way he can stay organized. It does mention on his main post that he wants the Deku Tree!!!!!
retired moderator
#29 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:55 AM
Default The Great Deku Tree
Okay, I'm headed to bed now, but I wanted to share my progress.

There is a basement, and 2 sub-basements that are about 90% of the size of the lot, which is a tiny 20x30, and I haven't done anything with them yet.

I'm considering making a boulder into the tree's face. I think that would be pretty cool, but it would mean cc, right?. Any other ideas are more than welcome. I may be able to position the boulders to look like the tree's face. That's a thought.

The tree itself is in its infancy, so don't worry about the trees on it yet. I'm using the olive tree to get the extended branches. I know it needs to be wider for that to work right.

Once again, any ideas will be taken seriously, so only give me serious ideas, okay :-) That doesn't guarantee they will be used -- unless they are Revenger's ideas.

G'night.

Screenshots
Scholar
#30 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:02 AM Last edited by candlelight82 : 19th Jan 2010 at 2:58 AM.
@Simmiller
echt krass alter,
i mean cool start
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:05 AM Last edited by Revenger : 19th Jan 2010 at 11:26 AM.
Good work sofar. guys

Ill list the responses to everything.

- Simmiller I don't mind you grabbing the world file for a look I haven't done much work on it recently cause of my ability but it'll give you a idea so Ill zip it up.

- For lot can be as big as you need even 64x64 if needed as the tree is meant to be quite large inside and having a reasonable sized tree to a massive basement area would be cool. Hope you put that foyer area in

- candlelight82 outer wall 2 tiles as its more natural to game.

- For most walls at the ground and also where the dimensions change add a 1 square space between the foundation and the wall the whole way around like I had in my mockup and the game has that gap also as it currently looks unnatural especially the outer wall which should have that space between the wall and the waters/foundations edge, for the maze etc its fine as its meant to be like that.

- 7 levels cool if it works the game only uses 3-4 for the inner

- Inside no-one knows but lets focus on what we know the hallway 2 rooms and doors one inside one outside (a passage between the doors would be good for players to get inside) and build around that.

- Water moat does look better, but its too bad you cant do diagonal

Have you blocked Zeldas area with a tower? its kinda meant to have sky in her area with the walls around it, as its her personal outdoor area.

As for buildings thread if you guys want a 2nd thread sure I'm hoping to keep the project stuff easily accessible and a way to encourage others to help out and contribute to this also.

If you guys or anyone wants to just do some rough drawings in paint etc on the 3 expanded towns we can start building them as at the moment there blank areas.

I have reworked Kokiri Forrest and Zoras domain to add in Jabu Jabu's area but there in rough form until we start adding stuff in there.

Because these are higher than normal areas should we use the frozen versions as if we add water there we are limited by lot size which is going to be way too small?

I'd rather use a bunch of small lots for all the different features for the areas so it looks seamless.
Scholar
#32 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:25 PM Last edited by candlelight82 : 19th Jan 2010 at 1:36 PM.
- diagonal
yes,.. i know about the diagonal pool feature.. hope this feature comes with a new patch... aaahh, good old sims 2
- zeldas area
hmm, if you say so, i'll remove the tower.. didn't know this area is open to the sky
- 7 levels cool...
think so, will provide screenshot later how it works
- does zelda have a driver license???
shall i hide a parking lot for her.. carriage..??? coverd like a stable??
because you said it's a residental lot.. everyone needs a horse powerd thing
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 2:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by candlelight82
- diagonal
yes,.. i know about the diagonal pool feature.. hope this feature comes with a new patch... aaahh, good old sims 2
- zeldas area
hmm, if you say so, i'll remove the tower.. didn't know this area is open to the sky
- 7 levels cool...
think so, will provide screenshot later how it works
- does zelda have a driver license???
shall i hide a parking lot for her.. carriage..??? coverd like a stable??
because you said it's a residental lot.. everyone needs a horse powerd thing

Hehe on the hidden carriage thing.
retired moderator
#34 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:03 PM
hope to see some pictures soon,..
btw
maybe we two should open a seperate post for hyrule buildings..? think revenger should have his post for world creation :D

Okay peeps, I'm going to open a thread for the Great Deku Tree. Since R says I can use a 64x64 lot, that's going to change the creation incredibly!

R- Thanks! I'm peeking at it now.

C- Pop over to the new thread and bombard me with ideas!

This is so much fun!!!!! :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 5:47 PM
Looking good can you take the moat next to the maze right to the wall? as your meant to go through the Maze not straight up from the entrance.

Change the trees to the actual Hedge that is in the sims.

Yea that's what I meant with Zeldas area.

The Corner looks a bit too big with the 2 tile walls when in the game there 1 tile walls.

whers the door on the inner section at start of the maze i see stairs but no door :/

There actually just 'fountains' the fairy fountains are the ones with the great fairy that heals you etc who some people call the pointy tits lady.

You really should use a full save and explore that area yourself so ill pm you to with the save i use here as I've saved it post that full save point.

Gardens and cellar etc sure go nuts now we have the main area in lets go wild adding as much rooms etc as the game can handel and lets be creative also so the rest now its up to your imagination on how to fill it up and use the spare space in the buildings which isn't from ocarina of time so we get allot of rooms and allot of possibility's.

Also lets use the basements and the the foundation to bridge areas
Scholar
#36 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:00 PM
"...etc who some people call the pointy tits lady."
-> rofl

"Change the trees to the actual Hedge that is in the sims."
-> think you mean the thin hedge things.. next to, where the door should be.. :D

"can you take the moat next to the maze right to the wall? as your meant to go through the Maze not straight up from the entrance."
-> not completly sure what you mean,.. something in picture #5 ?

"The Corner looks a bit too big with the 2 tile walls when in the game there 1 tile walls."
-> where?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:21 PM Last edited by Revenger : 19th Jan 2010 at 6:56 PM.
Ill do a quick shop now upload here.

Ok Yellow is the ones that look too big as the walls are 2 tiles each side the game uses 1 tile per side for the outside.

Orange is where the moat should go to the wall.

Pink they should be the proper Sims 3 hedges not trees including the ones that go around the wall next to the pink I forgot to colour (update its colourd).
Screenshots
Scholar
#38 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:24 PM
you said in the doku tree post "But using CAW you can absolute position rocks other world objects such as shrubs etc over the lot to fill in the remaining gaps.
" ... >> does that mean i could get rid of the brown rocks in the front of the castle ???
Test Subject
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:30 PM
you said in the doku tree post "But using CAW you can absolute position rocks other world objects such as shrubs etc over the lot to fill in the remaining gaps.
" ... >> does that mean i could get rid of the brown rocks in the front of the castle ???

Should really just be the hill only like in the game.

As for rocks etc do them in the map where possible as doing them in CAW is kinda a unofficial 'hack' so to say as the rocks are tied to the worldspace, which makes that areas lot lot dependent on that building and if the person clears the lot to make a new place the floating rocks etc are still there.
Scholar
#40 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:37 PM
- moat clear
- hedge clear
- when i come home i'll open a new thread

contra picture...
how about the big ones on the edges and small ones along the long wall ?
not really sure myself... i just made the towers bigger some hours ago..
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 6:59 PM
Both Small at front else it'll not match the game and keep the rest the same.

3am here getting sleep need to be up in 4 hours :/
Scholar
#42 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 5:21 AM
moving to own post.. check new pics
retired moderator
#43 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 6:16 PM
R - Are you going to be changing the roads to dirt roads?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 7:32 PM
If we can get some nice CAW textures that work fir roads the cliff etc then yea.

I left them as default to just build the world and my texturing kinda sucks.

If you know some textures for CAW feel free to experiment.

Make a backup of the folder first :D
retired moderator
#45 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:19 PM
retired moderator
#46 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:21 PM
I haven't resubmitted my volcanic rock terrains, but I will shortly. They might help with Death Mountain.

And I will make a couple more.

Will people follow just a path on the terrain?

Or maybe we can make a new texture for the road like you said.

Gotta look into that.
retired moderator
#47 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:26 PM
ooo ooo ooo!

The road textures are mere dds files! There's a section that says create custom roads. I'm goin' in!
retired moderator
#48 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 8:49 PM
So I figured out how to get dirt roads. I messed around with some of their dirt road textures.

They aren't that bad. But I can make more :-) After the tree, of course. :-)

I put a very tiny dirt road on the map to show you. Hee hee heee!

Have you been working on the map? Because I haven't. So you don't really need me to send it back, do you? Or do you need that same file?
Scholar
#49 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 9:49 PM
R, what are you plans with the village... one big lot? or many lots next to each other ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:15 AM
The 3 villages will be proper towns with many lots in them.

Kokiri will be a small expansion to the town with double the buildings.

The goal is to get all buildings in all towns on there own lots unless its a community lot which we can use multiple shops etc on one map.

So 3 towns Gerudo Hyrule Castle Town and Kakariko Village will need proper road and and lot layouts all next to each other to fill up the space I have designated.

Its all in the first post.

As for the map I haven't done any more either so you can keep playing with it on textures for a while as I'm working in another area and Ill pm FTP access to you.
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4