Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 2 Error Log Generator [Updated 6/3/2010]

by ShanOw Posted 24th Jan 2010 at 12:55 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:02 PM by Nysha

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:11 PM
Let me be the first to say thanks for this. i hope I never need it but it looks amazing!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:16 PM
Thanks for this tool, just what i wanted
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:04 PM
I guess this meant a lot of time to gather the info and to program, so great thanks!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:04 PM
Will this tool tell me which download caused the crash?
It seems everytime I add a new batch of CC, there's one pesky little piece that causes a crash - even after scanning with SimPE, DDO, and the HCDU. AAARGH! If this helps find that file faster, then you are a saint!

I'm DLing now... (with crossed fingers :cylon: )

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
It seems everytime I add a new batch of CC, there's one pesky little piece that causes a crash - even after scanning with SimPE, DDO, and the HCDU. AAARGH! If this helps find that file faster, then you are a saint!

I'm DLing now... (with crossed fingers :cylon: )

Unless it the CC causes an actual program error or warning within the Sims 2 it won't be able to show specifically what files are broken.

~~
Thanks for the kind comments anyhow
Mad Poster
#7 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:14 PM
Poop! I don't think this will help with that particular problem then.

I'm sure it will still prove a useful tool though - Thanks!!!

What I really need is something to turn my log files (which label every crash as an ACCESS VIOLATION) into useful information that I can actually read. I know the access violation crashes are caused by imperfect CC somehow - like too many itterations, only not just limited to one object by itself... I don't know enough (obviously ) and I can't explain it very well. My programming knowledge is nill, and at the best more of a gut-feeling thing.

Still, thank you for this new tool.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:16 PM
Maybe I’m slow to understand, but when I open Sims 2 Log – and click on “Generate Log” is gives me a long list of errors – and I don’t even had anything in the Downloads folder? Just what I put in the folder in die C/Programs?EA ..lates game exe. It complains: “ERROR TSAudio: Segment at %DataDirectory%Res\Sound\Locale\%Language%\Sfx\Samples\Karaoke\ has no extensions defined in section DBSegmentDirectoryFiles
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(944)
C:/Users/Bessie/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/zCEP-EXTRA/CEP-EXTRA_VideogameConsole.package
Overrides Semi-Global

Looks I've got more Errors than Game?
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 5:46 PM
Very nice tool!! :-) Can't wait to use it!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:23 PM
It makes a good impression on me.
I have 2 quetions, the first one if there might be some files deleted/ changed and I don't know it. The most important things are my neighboorhouds/families etc, will they stay? (Hope so but need to ask. I'm always afraid of using programs. Dunno maybe my game won't like to be repaired )
And the more importer question is: My game does crush on a special lot when there's a family in it. I don't know why I've started just a pose with a posebox and after that it all crushes after some minutes.
So... will the progam be able to delete this crush`? What do you think?
Thank you for your hard work, I'm pretty sure soo much people will love you for creating it!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShineShine
It makes a good impression on me.
I have 2 quetions, the first one if there might be some files deleted/ changed and I don't know it. The most important things are my neighboorhouds/families etc, will they stay? (Hope so but need to ask. I'm always afraid of using programs. Dunno maybe my game won't like to be repaired )
And the more importer question is: My game does crush on a special lot when there's a family in it. I don't know why I've started just a pose with a posebox and after that it all crushes after some minutes.
So... will the progam be able to delete this crush`? What do you think?
Thank you for your hard work, I'm pretty sure soo much people will love you for creating it!

The program won't be able to fix the crash, only help you to find out whats causing it. Also, since it makes no modifications to any game files there is no chance that it will break anything.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 9:06 AM
when I click in "generator log" there is no info of my game !
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 9:21 AM
What language does you computer speak? As I said in the overview, because of my own limitations of only having an English speaking PC - It will not work with certain languages.

If you are using an English version of Windows, then I have no idea at this point - sorry.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 12:49 PM
I understand, I don't have an english version of window, never mind.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Jan 2010 at 7:15 PM
BIG credits to ShanOW for taking the time and efforts to create something useful and better developed than the EA option. But, I'm laughing at myself and others who cannot really understand what you've got there. :-) All I know is....it's probably something I should have and will probably really appreciate some day. Have patience, Shan...you're way ahead of me. All of us have suffered crashes and there's absolutely nothing more frustrating and alarming....I'm trusting that if/when <God forbid> I suffer another, I'll really appreciate your work much, much more. (And, so will the poor souls I'm begging for help) :-D
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 8:28 PM
So does this just go in the downloads folder?? I'm with skanning, that you are way ahead of me, but my daughter just had a crash and I'm wishing I had gotten this the other day when I saw it.
So for now it's in the downloads folder, unless someone tells me otherwise.
Thanks for still caring about TS2! I'm one of those just not interested in starting over with TS3.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amysmom
So does this just go in the downloads folder??

No, it is a program so you can leave and run it from anywhere on your computer.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:30 PM Last edited by Amysmom : 18th Feb 2010 at 2:48 PM.
Thank you, ShanOw!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 8:40 AM
Yawn!
goodbye for text document!
Instructor
#20 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 4:46 PM
i have a german language computer do u think will work on my computer?

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
i have a german language computer do u think will work on my computer?

Probably not, but you are more than welcome to send me a PM if you would like to contribute a translation; that way It would work flawlessly.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:27 AM
SOOO much better to have good info than someone saying "It doesn't work! Fix it! Fix it! Fix it!" I must start referring people to this when appropriate. Maybe you or someone could put links to this in the MTS wiki, where appropriate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:48 PM
been looking for this but just now gettin it and alot of my ea folders are over now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:17 AM
I don't have this file _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package in my Downloads folder is it necessary for something?
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mgsfan
I don't have this file _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package in my Downloads folder is it necessary for something?

You need this file for custom content recolors to show up in your game.
Page 1 of 2