Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Four Seasons' Farm

by GermanPlayer Posted 21st Jan 2010 at 8:13 PM - Updated 22nd Jan 2010 at 5:22 PM by GermanPlayer

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:26 PM
"Sims 2 is done, I know. We got the much better, brighter, funnier, more interesting, more exciting and - of course - more creative Sims 3. So, why should you waist your time with its ugly ancestor?"
* * * Wow... This statement is far beneath the standards I've come to expect from MTS.
Instructor
#3 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:33 PM
This is a lovely home. Thank you.

As for still playing Sims 2: I've got Sims 3 and WA, but I'm so attached to the CC and my cute Simmies in 2, that I can't give them up. I hardly ever play sims 3.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
I came here to say good job, but your attitude turned me right off. I have to agree with applefeather2. Your opinions aren't fact, just so you know.

I gave Sims 3 a shot and just don't like it. I'm still firmly on Team Sims 2 and proud of it.

Anyway, in a bid to be constructive, this farm looks nice.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DutchXfan
This is a lovely home. Thank you.

As for still playing Sims 2: I've got Sims 3 and WA, but I'm so attached to the CC and my cute Simmies in 2, that I can't give them up. I hardly ever play sims 3.

I'm in the same boat. I love my Sims 2 simmies.

And let's give this guy a break, I think English is not his native language so dont' be so harsh!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:58 AM
Calm down, people, esp. with that "of course" it sounds to me like he meant it in a more ironic/sarcastic way.

The farm looks nice!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:49 AM
Good job on the farm, it's a great likeness to the painting! I like it.

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 2:27 AM
I love your interpretation of this painting! Great work!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 3:50 AM
Excellent farm! Thanks for sharing it with us! Also, I enjoyed your humor regarding TS2!
Instructor
#10 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 8:14 AM
Love the farm! Great job! I have both but hardly ever load sims 3. Sims 2 rules!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 11:00 AM
Yeah i just had to comment after reading that, in my opinion the sims 3 has a way to go before reaching it´s potential, i say this without having tried the game, but i have followed it very closely on youtube. As an example i can mention the schoolbus in sims 3 trying to make a u-turn and instead doing a frame by frame up on the sidewalk kind of turn. So it´s not about being poor, it might as well be having higher standards.

This was´nt really to do with the upload but when you write something like that you should have expected a harsh response from the public.

As for the farm, for a no cc lot it is a pretty good download.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:26 PM Last edited by GermanPlayer : 22nd Jan 2010 at 4:11 PM.
I did not mind at negative reactions I might cause while writing - not at all. In my opinion this was just a wee little introduction, no more than that.

I definitely did not intend to make anybody feel offended nor did I want to judge anybody playing The Sims 2/3. It was ment in a ironic way, to make you smile at me, the silly old donkey who is still uploading TS2 content. I considered the self-mockery in my words being obvious and particularly harmless.

Probably I simply acted to naive and everyone else would have known about the public response. To prevent any further agitation I deleted the mentioned paragraph. Concerning this unexpected misunderstanding, I am really sorry.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:41 AM
this reminded me that i need to buy m&g stuff, because this looks pretty awesome.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 8:37 AM
Beautiful and so realistic ! I love the red facing and the barn so much ! Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:50 PM
Perhaps we reacted too strongly over love of the game, since this was all a misunderstanding i´ll apologize in kind.
Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 10:09 AM
I am a huge smallville fan this looks like kent's farm i can't help my self.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 2:32 AM
awesome!!! i needed a farm!! :DDD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 3rd Dec 2011 at 3:26 PM
Thanks so much for this GermanPlayer! I've been looking to start a farming family, and this place looks just right! <3