Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Legend Isles: Lyonesse

by Nyn Posted 17th Feb 2010 at 7:22 PM - Updated 5th May 2010 at 10:21 AM by Nyn : Adding uncorrupted files

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 73 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:16 PM
Amazing job, thanks a lot !
Field Researcher
#3 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:28 PM
Wowza! this is great! i cant wait for the download to finish!

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:31 PM
Very picturesque looking island...well done! Thank you for sharing it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:40 PM
sorry im a noob where do you put the .sims3pack?
Test Subject
#6 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:49 PM Last edited by Dec127400 : 17th Feb 2010 at 9:32 PM.
i have downloaded the World Files parts 1-to-3 and CAW Files Parts 1 & 2,tried to unzip the rar files(World and CAW) and they are both Corrupted
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 8:49 PM
yey! glad you like it

crystalz - you double click on the sims3pack and that will install it. then open the launcher and click on 'downloads', click on the world and click 'install'. Hope that helps!

dec127400 - yikes.. I'm checking them now.

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:14 PM
I like it a lot. This is where I start wishing for more Simcity style stuff, though, like over the water railways or something similar.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:32 PM
looks stunning! Cant wait to try this, thanks :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:35 PM
The files are indeed corrupted!!! I've no idea at all how this has happened and I'm trying to upload new files now but it's taking too long to load to MTS so it's not working I'll keep trying. Sorry about this!!

~ Nyn ~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:04 AM
This looks really lovely, thank you!
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:42 AM
Hmmm the world file won't unzip and right off the bat I can see why. Because of the header that the modthesims site adds to the beginning of filenames, the serial number on part 2 is different from part 1. No idea why this is happening when other multipart rars aren't suffering from the same problem, but downloaders should try renaming the files to remove everything before the word "Lyonesse". Or change the MTS serial number on part 2's filename to match part one (1058739 instead of 1058740).
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:46 AM
This is a great job! I love it!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:32 AM
Hey Nyn, I see you are branching out from simming to awesome islands. Well done, I'm prout of you.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:47 AM Last edited by Nyn : 18th Feb 2010 at 9:15 AM.
Default UPDATE: New Files for Download
Thank you all for your lovely comments

Here are the new and uncorrupted files! I'm sorry for this trouble!

The 4 files titled: NEW Legend Isles Lyonesse are the sims3pack files and the ones you should download if you just want to play the world.

The 3 files titled:CAW File LegendIsles Lyonesse are the .world files and the ones you should download if you want to change the world in Create-A-World.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NEW Legend Isles Lyonesse.part4.rar (4.56 MB, 786 downloads)
File Type: rar  NEW Legend Isles Lyonesse.part3.rar (5.00 MB, 623 downloads)
File Type: rar  NEW Legend Isles Lyonesse.part2.rar (5.00 MB, 623 downloads)
File Type: rar  NEW Legend Isles Lyonesse.part1.rar (5.00 MB, 752 downloads)
File Type: rar  CAW File LegendIsles_Lyonesse.part1.rar (5.00 MB, 223 downloads)
File Type: rar  CAW File LegendIsles_Lyonesse.part2.rar (5.00 MB, 202 downloads)
File Type: rar  CAW File LegendIsles_Lyonesse.part3.rar (4.19 MB, 208 downloads)

~ Nyn ~
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 9:47 AM
Just fired it up in the game, it looks beautiful! Thanks a lot, I'm off to populate this island :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:06 AM
YEY!! thanks for the update SchiZohybrid!!! I'm so glad it works and I'm really happy you like it

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:26 AM
Really a beautiful Island Nyn. Now I started a new Game and play in this World.
Thanks for upload.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:49 AM
When I try to open the file with winzip, I get a message asking me to 'insert a disc', anyone help?
Thanks =0]
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:35 PM
It looks wonderful! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:21 PM
It looks very nice, thank u!
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:27 PM
Thanks Nyn for fixing it,have re-downloaded them Thank again
Inventor
#23 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:16 PM
Thank you so much Nyn, I downloaded both, the world to play and the CAW files to try the Create-A-World tool.
It looks lovely, maybe I can use it to create a Victorian world.

I have used WinRAR, and there was no need to alter any of the file names at all.
Make a folder on your desktop and download all the files one by one into it, choose Save not Open and you probably should not use a download manager either.
After all files are in the folder, rightclick on the first rar with number 1 in its name and choose Extract Here.
The meter will start running and a window pops up asking for number 2, look above the highlighted box, you will see a browse button there, click it and navigate to/choose the file with number 2 in its name, click OK and the meter will run a bit more. Next pop-up, browse to file 3, click OK, untill all files are extracted.

If one of the files give you a message it is corrupted, you should download that part/file again. Start the extracting again with number 1.
If the site is very busy or your internet connection is not so good, files can get corrupted.
Screenshots
Scholar
#24 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:46 PM
That was incredibly nice of you to provide your CAW files, too. I'll probably play the world the way you made it, but it will be fun playing with the terrain in CAW, too. And it's nice to know if I need to put in custom sized lots, I can. Thanks. Oh and, of course--beautiful work. I've not seen a terrain shaped quite like this anywhere.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
I have used WinRAR, and there was no need to alter any of the file names at all.
Make a folder on your desktop and download all the files one by one into it, choose Save not Open and you probably should not use a download manager either.
After all files are in the folder, rightclick on the first rar with number 1 in its name and choose Extract Here.
The meter will start running and a window pops up asking for number 2, look above the highlighted box, you will see a browse button there, click it and navigate to/choose the file with number 2 in its name, click OK and the meter will run a bit more. Next pop-up, browse to file 3, click OK, untill all files are extracted.

If one of the files give you a message it is corrupted, you should download that part/file again. Start the extracting again with number 1.
If the site is very busy or your internet connection is not so good, files can get corrupted.

Thank you very much, Cocomama, I downloaded WinRAR and the file opened perfectly cheers x
Page 1 of 4