Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gem & Metal Processing Machine *Compatible with 1.55*

by treeag Posted 18th Feb 2010 at 12:08 PM - Updated 22nd Aug 2013 at 11:39 AM by treeag

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 183 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 9
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:25 PM
Very useful!! thank you for making this
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:31 PM
So useful...
It helps me collecting the gem...
Thamks
Test Subject
#4 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:29 PM
nice - thanks for this - may start jewel collecting again!
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:45 PM
What is the fortune cookie maker? Is it from WA? This machine looks like it would be a convenient way to alter the raw materials that are piling up in inventory, rather than sending them out!

Nebulous Nan
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:54 PM
It seems this is base game compatible. But isn't the original machine fro WA??
Theorist
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:09 PM
It should be compatible with just the base game, but I can't test it. If someone can test it for me, that'd be great.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:02 PM
Ooooooooo....niiiiicceeeee :-) Pretty, shiny, saving many thousands of dollars for collectors like meeeeee :-)
Banned
#9 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:09 PM
This is neat idea. With WA, gem and metal collecting may be the fastest way of making big bucks in the game, and this just makes it even more efficient.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:19 PM
Hey that's a great item you are sharing here, thank you so much!!! ^^
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:32 PM Last edited by dragonarts : 18th Feb 2010 at 3:51 PM.
Strange... I have WA, and when I click on this it tells me no interactions are available. I have my game patched with the latest patches, which (I think) is one past 2.2.8. Could that be why it isn't working?

Nevermind. I read your Book of Skills thread, and realized I hadn't reinstalled the framework thingy when I installed WA. That fixed it.

“Meddle not in the affairs of the dragon; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.”
-unknown
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:52 PM
Wow, looks fun!
:downloads:
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
It should be compatible with just the base game, but I can't test it. If someone can test it for me, that'd be great.

I don't have WA...and it works wonderfully!

(I recently reinstalled my game and updated to the latest patch.)

Oh...and I'm excited. I'm going to make my favorite sim into a miner.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:18 PM
Now if only we had an OFB pack so we could make and sell the gems!
Inventor
#15 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:26 PM
Yay!! :D

I liek peanuts. We can haz story behind it? ^_^
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:35 PM
I dont have WA and i do have it updated with the latest patch, but it doesnt work. Maybe its not compatable with any other dl i have in my game?
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:33 PM
Can't wait to try it. Does it work with 1.10?
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:33 PM
wow what a cool idea!!! thanx very much, such a creative item, and so useful
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 10:11 PM
Thanks Treeag! I'm going to try it out. I really like how it looks--situated in the corner in your pic it reminds me of the Charm Maker in MM TS1.
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:00 PM
I'm assuming this cuts everything for free? I really like the idea of being able to cut gems myself, but I don't allow most of my sims any freebies. Any chance for a version that charges an appropriate amount? (including the total cost of gems that require multiple cuts to make)
Test Subject
#21 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:23 PM
well, doesn't work for me. I've WA, Loft-Stuff and newest patch and got no interactions at all.
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 12:41 AM
does this work with Wa. I also have the latest patch when i go to use it it just says no interactions
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 12:46 AM
please help,i have the sims 3 wa and there no interaction with any objects you make pleeeeeeeeese help me,Thanks
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 1:15 AM
Wow! This awesome! Thank you!
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bowen
I'm assuming this cuts everything for free? I really like the idea of being able to cut gems myself, but I don't allow most of my sims any freebies. Any chance for a version that charges an appropriate amount? (including the total cost of gems that require multiple cuts to make)

Well, the machine itself costs you 50 grand. Besides, you don't pay to make nectars after you buy nectar maker either so... yeah I might make a version that charges money if many people want it.

Quote: Originally posted by Serenity81
well, doesn't work for me. I've WA, Loft-Stuff and newest patch and got no interactions at all.
Quote: Originally posted by x_roxanne_x
does this work with Wa. I also have the latest patch when i go to use it it just says no interactions

Read the instructions in the overview tab. Basically you need to have d3dx9_31.dll in base game dir and also all EP/SP dir.

Quote: Originally posted by madlibs204
please help,i have the sims 3 wa and there no interaction with any objects you make pleeeeeeeeese help me,Thanks

Well I got instructions in most (if not all) object mod threads I have, so please read it.
Page 1 of 9