Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
#26 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:17 PM
any news on a release date yet?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:25 PM
Yeah, World Adventures was not exactly my cup of tea, but this looks properly tempting. While I still haven't exhausted all the traits and careers of the base game, I always love having new jobs for my Sims. The ice sculpting looks cool, tattoos would be awesome, and I have high hopes for ghost busting. I'll wait to hear more about the gameplay style, and whether there will be Sim-owned shops, but I will probably buy it.
Test Subject
#28 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:27 PM
It sounds better than before, I'm excited! The occupations stylist and architect are interesting. I will have to wait first to see if it's really what I hope it is. But I think I'll buy it. Hopefully there will be more pictures soon!
Instructor
#29 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:26 PM
Is the Sims 3 site down, or something? For me its loading incredibly slowly, and I can only see January and February on the news tab. Not even the supplied links work. =/

Thought; it's probably not updated the website on the Australian servers yet. Now I have something to look forward to tomorrow. Normally I would be incredibly sceptical... I was HARDCORE against. WA, but ever since Ive gotten it Ive actually really enjoyed it - so, Im keeping an open mind this time. I may dislike EA, but the people working on the Sims try the best they can for us, I guess. (Except for those bloody patches. )

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 4:32 PM
This might get me interested in the sims 3 again. Can't wait to follow my sims to work. Make them have an affair at the office.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSims3.com
..live on the edge as a tattoo artist.

Tattoos? More accessory slots maybe?
And ice sculpting lol..

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Banned
#32 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:05 PM
Ugh... why does CC come to a screeching halt the second an EP or SP is announced?

(I know why... it is more of a rhetorical question...)
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:07 PM
I guess I have become a bit cynical when it comes to EA's Sims 3 releases. I remember all the cool promises about the base game and while its a great game, it wasn't as good as they made it all out to be. Story progression was so bad that many of the cool features were ruined by the problems.

When they mentioned WA I thought, "Wow, I love it"! Egypt!" but really its a bunch of missions that cost a lot of money for your sims and do not fit into the regular hood. Its nice...but almost a separate game. Besides, now we have tourists having babies with the locals and messing up the game.

Now they give us this new one. This at least takes place in the regular hood, which is nice. But my guess is if we need new rabbitholes for new careers we will need a new hood so will have to start over. CAW hoods will be obsolete already. I will bet that we can't really 'follow the sim" to work or get into the rabbitholes. It will probably be like the journalist career where we can do a few aspects of the career, which is still not bad but certainly not the way it sounds in the press releases, as if it ever is.

The architect will probably 'build' some architectural features, such as new windows or an arch, just like the sewing machine in Sims 2. Or if we are lucky, they can change the rabbitholes, although that might be an issue with those of us who are using custom rabbitholes.

How will the stylist affect the hood? Probably the same way...unlocking some new outfits, probably really ugly ones, that no one will use. I never used the sewing machine ones in Sims 2.

I love the Tattoo artist! None of my sims have tattoos, but I do have a sim that would make the perfect tattoo artist. It also sounds like they can make money with their skills, so hopefully they can sell to another sim rather than just get money from nowhere.

Firefighter is cool...but if we need a new rabbithole that will force us to choose between our current hoods and a the firefighter. I don't like that.

Ghost hunter..I could see a themed hood for this but I don't usually play with ghosts so doesn't interest me. Could be fun though in the right kind of hood.

I want to lower my expectations because I know it won't be as good as it sounds. I used to look forward to the EPs for Sims 2 and make plans on how I would use them. But I guess I just don't trust EA anymore. They seem to be more stingy on the info..I mean they really didn't give us much info on HELS until just before it was released.

I will wait and see how people like it before I buy it. I still have not gotten HELS and my only reason for considering it is one male hair that looks nice! Not enough to mess up my game with more patches though. I hope at the very least that we get some nice new items in Ambitions and that they fix the problems with the game...without causing more.
Alchemist
#34 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel4rab
This might get me interested in the sims 3 again. Can't wait to follow my sims to work. Make them have an affair at the office.

The game will probably be too busy making you do work related "quests" to allow for in-office romance scenarios.

Honestly, why doesn't TS3 team just remake some EPs from 2 we miss? I appreciate that they are perhaps trying to sell new material rather than regurgitating the stuff we already played, but that doesn't quench my thirst for seasons or for operating my own shop in game.

I really hope as more information is released it becomes clear you can run your own business like in OFB. Then I'll be hooked.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:17 PM
I'm excited the careers and skill building is one of my favorite aspects of TS series I'll def be purchasing this.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#36 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
I really hope as more information is released it becomes clear you can run your own business like in OFB. Then I'll be hooked.

That would be Totally Awesome!! Ah, a tattoo shop... <3

We most likely won't be able to follow sims to work buildings, I bet these jobs will be more focused on running around the neighborhood or working at home..
Looks really interesting and fun though!

But Seasons, oh Seasons... Rain...Snow... *tear of nostalgy*
Retired
retired moderator
#37 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:33 PM
Quote:
The Sims 3 Ambitions is about your Sim’s personal venture. Each career presents a unique experience.

Firefighters need to develop relationships and maintain their equipment while at the firehouse. But as soon as that alarm rings they need to get to the fire, clear rubble piles, carry out children, stop gas leaks, put out the flames, and be the hero. Your town may fall victim to small fires, huge infernos, and even earthquakes.

Stylists will be hired by neighbors to offer fashion advice and provide partial or complete makeovers. You can choose to make Sims look really good or just terrible. It’s a lot of power to put in the hands of our more deviant players, but the ability to give the entire town a facelift is fantastic. And profitable!

Using the tattoo chair in game (or at the local Salon) your Sims can tattoo their neighbors with both fantastic and questionable body art, for a price, of course.

The Tattoo System is an incredibly powerful new creative tool for our players. Players can apply multiple tattoos in up to five layers, scale them, change the colors, and even modify opacity. Players can also upload and share these tattoos on the exchange, giving our community yet another creative outlet.

Source: http://www.simprograms.com/qa-with-...ms-3-ambitions/

Sounds absolutely awesome. BUT. Is it going to force players into linear storylines like WA does? Earthquakes!!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#38 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:33 PM
I missed this announcement in the scramble to reinstall my Sims on my new install of Win 7. Looking over it now, I'm interested if it leans more toward the hobby end of things rather than the "follow me to work like you followed me to Uni and be incredibly bored and restless". I did enjoy OFB, however, so if they manage to get it right for me I will be excited.

Of course, this is from the person who just bought WA and actually likes it, when she never liked Vacation-expacs before. The Sims 3 sims just...well, they do it for me. Everything about them makes me happy and giggly.

Edit: Reading the Q&A, the mention of "the firehouse" and "the local salon with the tattoo chair"...yeah, I'm all over this one. I won't be waiting to get it.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
How do you rent a pc game?

In the video store.
I'll get in on a Saturday and since the store's closed on Sundays, I'll return it on Monday. Costs me $3 since I'm a poor student with a very helpful student identity card
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Source: http://www.simprograms.com/qa-with-...ms-3-ambitions/

Sounds absolutely awesome. BUT. Is it going to force players into linear storylines like WA does? Earthquakes!!

Earthquakes? YAY! Wow, the firefighter career sounds great. Rescuing kids? That will be awesome!
Instructor
#41 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
i hope this means we can SEE the inside structures of the business office, hospital, diner etc. man i have been waiting for this

If we can (or "would actually" be able to do the first):
Quote:
FEATURES:
  • For the first time ever, you control your Sim’s actions and interactions while they’re on the job.
  • Be a hero or mess with the neighbors as a firefighter, private investigator, doctor, ghost hunter, and more!
  • Choose how your Sim’s career progresses—will they work for good or evil, pursue creative endeavors, rise to success as a mogul, or shirk responsibility as a slacker?
  • Your Sim’s on-the-job choices now change their town and affect other Sims as well. Modify the town’s structure as an architect or set neighborhood fashions as a stylist.
  • Enjoy all-new skills and activities! Master the arts of inventing, sculpting, and tattooing, and use your skills to earn Simoleons.

1) Unless, they "just go into" a rabbit hole, and you control their actions (via opppurtunities) (a.k.a get presented with choices to control their actions, like "chance cards" in TS2)

-or-
2) To make it more realistic, which I think it would have to be (but we all know EA), you would have to be able to see inside the building to actually "control" the sim.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:23 PM
They won't open the rabbitholes. Sounds like NEW places of business such as the Firehouse, stylist or tatto artist shop, etc. I hope the second two are just chairs so we can put them in our own shops. I don't want any more 'exactly the same for all hoods' shops like the rabbitholes, regardless of whether you can go inside.

I bet the firehouse will be another rabbithole though...'develop relationships and clean the maintain equipment' will be the things you can choose to do while at work just like we have now..the little box in the corner with the drop down menu.

But I do like the sound of an earthquake! But what if our world is set in a place that doesn't have earthquakes? I hope they give us an option to use this or not.
Instructor
#43 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:31 PM
I'd also like a confirmation from the Sims team if this EP will open up rabbit holes. Better if the confirmation comes with a gameplay video.

There is plenty of room in most of them to have an actual building that our sims could interact in and with. I'm sure it wouldn't be much more different then how they did tombs. The outside part would just fade.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:37 PM
Oh this sounds awesome! I was never thrilled when they announced WA and when I actually played the game I still wasn't thrilled.

I don't think they will open up rabbit holes. I'm not overly bothered if they don't; it's something I've been able to live with quite easily. Although I would like them to open up the bistro and diner. But what you gonna do?!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:46 PM
Rian. If they won't i'm pretty sure the Modder's will.

But as the expansion pack goes I have to say it does have some good promises but weather or not they will deliver thats a differen't story isn't it? Tattoo Artist is definitly up my alley and it better have OFB features or I will scream!
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:57 PM
I think everyone seems excited about the tattoo artist prospect, as am i.

But i dunno. Doesn't seem enough for me to care.Then again, i wasn't interested in world adventures and wound up loving it.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:04 PM
I am sure there will be lots of items. If you look at some of the pictures, you can see some neat stuff. The items alone might be enough to buy it...after everyone else tries it so I can see if its going to break my game!
Inventor
#48 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:19 PM
I dunno, those pics look rather dark and violent to me. Can we just have some normal careers? Not everybody wants to go on epic adventures or be an evil villain. Meh. I guess I'll have to wait for more info.
#49 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
I dunno, those pics look rather dark and violent to me. Can we just have some normal careers? Not everybody wants to go on epic adventures or be an evil villain. Meh. I guess I'll have to wait for more info.

I know, they make me wonder if the EP would end up just like WA with quests that require a lot of running around and collecting items...ugh. I hate how EA makes everything action packed these days.
Alchemist
#50 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi

Good observation. I fear this as well, hence my comment above about being too busy with forced questing to do things like interact with co-workers.
Page 2 of 27