Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Old Paintings - Portraits

by Alopex Posted 9th Mar 2010 at 5:33 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2010 at 10:02 PM by Alopex

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:24 PM
Its a great idea and a great work.I adore the way you have adapted and "simmified" some original paintings.Thank you so much.I am downloading,couldn't resist.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:31 PM
No way, this is just what I was looking for! I love the shape of them and the pictures!
Theorist
#4 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM
This is wonderful. Good job
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 6:57 PM
These are absolutely lovely! Thank you.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 7:05 PM
Gorgeous! Thank you

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
Very nice! Great job!
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 10:32 PM
One question though, what happened to the 5th painting in the download? Or maybe you accidentally miscounted them?
Test Subject
#9 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 2:41 AM
Terrific. As good as can be.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:30 AM
How did you get your sims to pose like that? And where did you get the clothes and hair. Oh yeah and great work.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 4:46 AM
Very nice! I really like it when people make paintings and pictures with sims in them.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:50 AM
These paintings are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 9:25 AM
Wow! Awesome idea & work! I love them ~ these are the best sims-pictures!

free custom contet for The Sims 2 and for The Sims 3

Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:38 AM
I'm rather impressed. Very nicely done. ^_^
Field Researcher
#15 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 1:38 PM
These are really cool, just what I've been looking for, I love how you've used real Sims and environments. However I'm having a slight issue, like a glitch, whenever I pick a painting from the catalogue it looks for a split second like it reverts to the original, it's so fast I thought I was seeing things, but it keeps happening with all of them, just thought I should let you know.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 7:27 PM
I know about the issue but couldn't fix it, :/
hope it's not a to big problem since it's only seen 1 sec after choosing the painting and not after the painting has been placed or while playing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ems0309
How did you get your sims to pose like that? And where did you get the clothes and hair. Oh yeah and great work.

Some of the poses, hairs and clothes are edited in photoshop. I used no custom content in these pictures except for my own painting in the painting with the lady in front of the fireplace.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Mar 2010 at 10:23 PM
Yay - perfect for my Goth mansion! Thank you!

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Field Researcher
#19 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alopex
I know about the issue but couldn't fix it, :/
hope it's not a to big problem since it's only seen 1 sec after choosing the painting and not after the painting has been placed or while playing.

Well, my game's been crashing almost constantly due to other unrelated cc issues so I'm a bit on the careful side, I do love them, just worry they're not 100% stable - my loss though if I don't keep them in, they're beautiful.

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Field Researcher
#20 Old 13th Mar 2010 at 11:33 PM
You did a wonderful job with these. Thank you.

Have a bright platinum diamond day!
Deb
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 6:07 PM
Very neat! I was thinking of creating something like these, but trying to find compairable custom clothes and hair is a pain. You managed it pretty well. I'd love to see more in the future. Maybe some 18th century, french paintings
Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Apr 2010 at 7:20 PM
Very beautiful! Nice to have some nice paintings for the game now. Thank you!
Test Subject
#23 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM
Wow, beautiful Artwork.... Amazing... Thx for sharing with uns!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 8:10 PM
Just like the firt comment, it's so wonderful how you simmified these! They work out great for my new story about a Victorian woman about to inherit the throne, but is lost out at sea. These would look great in the house! Thanks! Btw, if you can do THAT in photoshop, well then brava! I am completely computer stupid so...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 3:20 PM
I am really glad I found these. It's a wonderfully ambitious concept and you executed it well.
Page 1 of 2