Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 4:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Into the Future
Help Please - Sim cannot fish, use fridge, or use grocery store
Dear Simming Friends,

Okay first, before I say anything, I admit I have a lot of mods installed. But this problem appeared before I had installed most of them, disappeared on its own, and now is back. Before I go through and yank them all, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this problem or might have some insight.

One Sim cannot fish, use the fridge, or go inside/use the grocery store. He also cannot feed his omni-plants. The items this Sim cannot use do not give errors, nor do they say "no interactions". Simply when you click them, nothing happens. No menu pops up. He also cannot use them autonomously, although the poor guy tries. (Pathetic to watch him stand by his pond with the little "fishing" thought pop up over and over, only to fade a few seconds later.)

That said, the same Sim CAN garden, use the stove and food processor, and his son in the same house can go to the store.

I'm running the latest patch of WA with mods including AwesomeMod, the garden gnome which makes gardening faster/automatic, the "Super Speedy Skill Books v6", "Auto Gardening with Dispose", the "Crazy Klepto Mod" package, and TreeAg's "give," "store in fridge," "RGM selling," and "Hidden Traits" mods. Delphy's Dashboard shows no conflicts.

I have tried: replacing the fridge, replacing the store, moving the affected Sim in and out of his house. Any ideas what else?

Thank you.

Support a hungry coyfox (me!). Buy some wonderful flavored tea: Coy o'Teas

*10% goes to environmental causes*
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 4:39 PM
Remove any seeds from the sim's inventory. (Not sure this will fix the fridge issue, but it should take care of the fishing and grocery store problems.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 4:49 PM
Default Yay! :D
Thank you !!

I dumped all his seeds on the ground and now he can fish and use the fridge. And go to the store! Wonderful! *hugs*

Still can't feed the Omni-plants, but that's okay. I can live with that :D

transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 5:20 PM
Re: the omni plants - does your Sim have a lot of items in his inventory, but the list never appears for you to select from? If so, it's possible you're not giving the game sufficient time to generate the list of feedable items. Try reducing the total inventory to less than 20 items (that includes multiples of the same item. If you want to keep 20 perfect apples, remove everything else from the inventory) and trying to feed the plant. Or try pausing the game (with no actions in your Sim's queue), then clicking on the omniplant to feed it. Wait and wait and...the list will eventually pop up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 6:31 PM
YES! That was it, just an over-crammed inventory. YAY Mangaroo thank you!

Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Solved