Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Palace of Versailles

by darkprodigy4u Posted 27th Apr 2010 at 4:20 AM - Updated 16th May 2010 at 1:32 PM by darkprodigy4u

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:44 AM
I generally only play with bungalows, as I hate flicking between floors. But I may have to make an exception for this one! :-D It looks awesome! We went to Versailles for my Mum's MA graduation ceremony, and I don't remember the real Palace of Versailles looking this cool! :-D
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 4:54 AM
Wow..that is amazing :D
Great job
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 11:35 AM
Beautiful--I love the elegant design and the functionality. I've often downloaded lots that are made using expansion packs that I don't have, but I know Apartment Life changes a lot of things. The only exp packs I'm missing are Nightlife, Seasons, and Apartment life (I have M&G)--do you know whether this will make the lot unplayable or just make it show up missing content from those packs?

I use Clean Installer to install sims2packages.

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 2:47 PM
This is fantastic - I can see a lot of work has gone into it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 4:09 PM
That house is truly amazing! I can see that you put a lot of work into it.
One question though: Is it possible for me to use it even if I don't have the expansion pack "Apartment Life"? Thanks
Banned
#7 Old 1st May 2010 at 12:05 AM
This is a great house! Yes ttiziana technically it is possible. You will have to install with the sims 2 clean installer. However, you may be missing some furniture, walls, floors, or fences.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th May 2010 at 7:34 PM
Hi new to this, so if i download it will all the custom content come with the houe or do i have to download it all seperte then download the house. Ty in Advance.
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:32 PM
Thank you joninmobile! And thanks again darkprodigy
Test Subject
#10 Old 6th May 2010 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
This is a great house! Yes ttiziana technically it is possible. You will have to install with the sims 2 clean installer. However, you may be missing some furniture, walls, floors, or fences.

Thank you for explaining!
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2010 at 9:53 PM
I downloaded this house and it's beatiful, the only thing is that there is some kind of bug in my game, all the windows, stairs and doors are flashing blue. I tried dowloading this: "Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009" and it didn't work. please help!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2010 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadowcat_121
I downloaded this house and it's beatiful, the only thing is that there is some kind of bug in my game, all the windows, stairs and doors are flashing blue. I tried dowloading this: "Color Enable Package v. 9.2.0 - 15 MAY 2009" and it didn't work. please help!

What's happening is that your custom content is turned "off", so all the custom content, like the doors and windows, won't show up right. What you need to do, is INGAME, go to your options menu. In there, turn custom content to "on". You will need to restart your game for it to work. Alternatively, Check the "Show custom content dialog at startup" to "yes". Then, when you restart your game, it will show all the custom content installed, and give you the option to enable or disable custom content. Click "enable" for it to work. You may have to restart your game again for it to work right. Hope this helps.

My kung beats your foo.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:02 PM
Wow , simply amazing , THANKS! perfect for my sim!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:11 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 19th Jul 2010 at 4:31 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3251564, 3251567
hi i really want this house i have all the sims 2 expansions and stuff packs apart from apartment life it there another way i can get the house? plz help!

can i use the sims 2 cleaner?
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 3:57 AM
:o Wow... spectacular!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims2fan90
hi i really want this house i have all the sims 2 expansions and stuff packs apart from apartment life it there another way i can get the house? plz help!

can i use the sims 2 cleaner?

Download it and see if it works. Whenever I build a house, I always tick all the expansions I have, not neccessarily ones that I use in the house. Since I always put a ton of stuff in my houses, I'm never sure exactly what stuff comes from which expansion, so I check them all just to be safe. If some things appear blue, it means that those items are included in an expansion you don't yet have. They can easily be replaced with generic items.

My kung beats your foo.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jul 2011 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by darkprodigy4u
What's happening is that your custom content is turned "off", so all the custom content, like the doors and windows, won't show up right. What you need to do, is INGAME, go to your options menu. In there, turn custom content to "on". You will need to restart your game for it to work. Alternatively, Check the "Show custom content dialog at startup" to "yes". Then, when you restart your game, it will show all the custom content installed, and give you the option to enable or disable custom content. Click "enable" for it to work. You may have to restart your game again for it to work right. Hope this helps.

I'm having the same problem. I have other custom content so it's already turned on but for some reason only the Georgian Tall Windows and the stairs are flashing blue. Both are under the catalog but they're both blue.
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christinayerrr
I'm having the same problem. I have other custom content so it's already turned on but for some reason only the Georgian Tall Windows and the stairs are flashing blue. Both are under the catalog but they're both blue.

I'm also having this problem. Just as you described with CC turned ON, and it shows up in build/buy mode but it still being blue. I love this house but not the blue content.

Is there anyway to fix it?
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:11 AM
I chose to install Cleaner and had most of the windows (also stairs) removed and defaulted to Sims 2 ones. I have downloaded different shiny mirrors to put on instead.

The original creator for Georgian Windows hasn't been online and the download for that is iffy too.

For anyone else - The geogian doors seem to be okay.

Anyway, thank you! The lot is beautiful! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:43 PM
Thanks so much! This house is absolutely perfect for something I'm working on.

I used the clean installer, and even though I don't have Uni or BV it worked pretty well. I only noticed the fence around the pool, a couple of sofas and the shower not working. I had some doors flashing blue too even though I installed them, so I replaced them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 11:45 PM
Nice! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 8:27 PM
Thanks You!