Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 2:35 AM Last edited by GetsLifted : 27th Jun 2010 at 5:50 PM.
Default Jessica Alba - UPDATE
Hi guys I have been trying to make a Jessica Alba sim but just cant seem to get anywhere close to something resembling her. You tips would be great! This is what I have so far...

[Update below.......]
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:08 AM
It looks like her chin should be a little longer and narrower at the bottom. Using a similar hair style will help. I tried to find the right eyebrows for her, there just aren't any in the game. What comes closest is the uni-brow if you could pluck the middle. She definitely not easy. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 5:12 AM
I agree with winterhart and I think you should take another default/lenses eyes for her. These ones are too big and unnautal.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2010 at 10:50 AM
The face shape is a good start, but she looks a little bit like the Maxis defaults in some areas. The eyes look like "doe" eyes, very unnatural.

Are thee a fan of delicious flavor?

Where'd thee obtain that juice box an doth it come in grapalicious?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
Took what you guys said on board and made changes. Have left the hair style though as this one doesn't cover much of the face so its easier to work with, but I will change it once this sim is finished.

Can you guys spot anything more that I could do?
Test Subject
#6 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 10:55 PM
Make the bottom lip a little wider? A little less nostril definition would help aswell, along with a bit less overall nose definition (although, that depends on how the nostrils come out) Sorry if you don't get what I mean, I'm not very good at English or explaining haha. Great start though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 11:44 PM
Im loving the feedback guys, never would have done this well without it. This is what I have now...

What else would you guys suggest?
Test Subject
#8 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 1:55 AM
D'oh I meant a little more nostril definition I'm sorry about that. But for overall nose definition it looks good (wow I'm stupid lol)
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 2:13 AM
Nice start! Her nose needs to be shorter top to bottom with more mass at the bulb. Make the nasal bridge narrower and more indented between her eyes. Can you make her any paler? Her skin is quite light. Chin and bottom lip look good to me. Upper lip needs to be wider top to bottom, I think. Eyes look pretty close but need to be a bit more almond shaped. You may want to consider custom "eye bags" to match under her eyes. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 3:42 AM Last edited by GetsLifted : 28th Apr 2010 at 3:38 PM.
Great help guys, much appreciated.

Tried to apply all you have suggested and tried a few other lil tweaks aswell, still seems off to me though.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#11 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 11:29 PM
The easiest way for us to see what needs to be done is to give her a hairdo completely off of her face (not one that you will necessarily keep) and post side by side comparisons. That always helps us to provide useful feedback :-)

I believe her side profile is out too far on your sim, so you may want to bring the profile depth back a bit. I don't know if you use Jonha's sliders, but they are invaluable in creating realistic celebrities.

Here's a line comparison I like to do. It really brings into focus some of the things that can be fixed.

So from here, her eyes are too wide, but the right distance apart based on the inner eye corners, and this may change when you make the face narrower (see comments below). Also, they are too far back into her head, so bring them out using the eye depth slider. The outer eye corners are off, but that's just me not rotating the picture far enough. You can look at that again after making these changes. Bring her eyebrows down a little bit in the center, and you should probably look for different eyebrows.

You need to lower her chin a small bit, but the jaw shape is spot on. Don't forget her mole (the little green dot :-)). Once you lower the chin, the mouth may drop a bit as well, and you want that. My lines are inside each feature, not outside.

You'll need to widen her bridge up in the brow area. Make her nostrils a bit bigger...just a bit! Then give them just a bit of definition.

Overall, her face is too wide, but keep in mind that when you make it more narrow, the jaw will also become narrower, so you'll need to fix that after.

Her nose is in exactly the right spot, same with her eyes.

Her top lip has a bit too much width, as does the mouth overall. Easily fixed, right?

I'm sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm sure you're going to get her!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 12:04 AM Last edited by GetsLifted : 30th Apr 2010 at 12:32 AM.
Amazing response, thank you so much! Ill get cracking on those suggestions now, but to clarify I could only find a head shape slider by Jonha. Where can I find the facial sliders?

Thanks again, great input!!

**EDIT: Found some great facial sliders now... Ill post an update soon.**
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 2:52 AM Last edited by GetsLifted : 30th Apr 2010 at 4:22 AM.
Been working hard on this but it began annoying me as I got stuck again so thought I would hand it back over for more of yr fantastic feedback. Thank you again for the pointers... What else do you guys think I need to do?

I realise the eyebrows really need changing but I cant seem to decide upon a set. Any recommendations? I haven't forgotten the mole either, I just haven't done it yet.

I was also wondering if its possible to give the lips the right texture with a custom lipstick or something? Do people take requests for that kind of thing? I realise this might be a stupid question but im new to this. Thanks! :D
Forum Resident
#14 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 8:11 AM
Hi GetsLifted,

Eyebrows: The inner corners are too high, bring them down a bit. They also need more curve.
Eyes: I don't know whether it's the make up or the slider, but you need to fix the lower lid so that there is no small bobble in the outer corner. Play around with the eye sliders.
Nose: I'm not sure why the fleshy part of the nostrils looks so angular. Try more nostril definition. Failing which, try another nose and start again.
Lips: Her lower lip needs to be slightly wider.
Chin: Needs to be shorter.
Jaw: Her lower jaw needs to be wider.
Skintone: needs to be lighter.

You need to bring her into the game to see what she looks like there because you will have lots more tweaks when you see what she looks like there.

I'll check back to see what progress you are making.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2010 at 2:48 AM Last edited by GetsLifted : 2nd May 2010 at 3:00 AM.
Thanks for the help. I tried all you suggested, including starting over with the nose, and I think its looking better. However, I also thought the chin looked a bit too large but I measured it against the picture and its the right proportion. I think its the lighting in the game vs the flash from the camera that's causing that difference.

Anyway, I need your guys help again to push me along. Here is the the sim as it is now...

Also... With regards to the in-game shots, I just cant seem to get a shot flat with my sims face. Do you have a any tips for lining up the shot? Sorry for the questions, this is my first attempt at something like this.
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd May 2010 at 5:44 AM
Good work! The biggest difference I see is the nose. It looks too long top to bottom, needs to be indented more at the nasal bridge, and the "bulb" part still a bit larger. Chin also looks a bit too long. Cheekbones may need to come up a bit. Chin and mouth shape look great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th May 2010 at 4:36 AM
Made your adjustments, apart from the chin. As I said before, that appears to be the right size, its just the lighting in game causing it to look too long.

It still just doesn't look right to me...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th May 2010 at 1:05 AM
Shameless BUMP... I really am stuck with this sim now Any suggestions would to more than welcome.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 6th May 2010 at 2:27 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 6th May 2010 at 3:27 AM.
Hi, here are a few things I see...
I think her nose bridge is too high, in your sim it looks like the bridge is above her brow. Can you lowere that some.
Her lower eye lid needs to come up some.
Her jaw needs to be wider.
"Nostril defination" needs to be moved to the right and you might have to increase the "Nose tip scale" a tad.
I think you need to move the "Nostril height" to the left (they need to be lower).
Can't tell for sure from the pic, but you may need to deepen her "eye depth" (slider) just a bit... try it and see.
Think her mouth needs to be a tad wider.
**EDIT** Maybe the mouth width is okay, but as I looked again...I think it is the mouth curve you need to play with. Your sim has more of a frown that the real one. Try moving the "mouth curve" slider to the left, but don't make a "V".
Lower lip "width" needs to decreased ... its too wide on the corners. IRL pic it is thin on the ends and then gets thicker as it comes toward the center.
May need to add a some scale to her chin. Just a tiny bit, to get rid of the shadow under her lip... if that doesn't work you may have to move her chin up a bit.
You need Bella's sliders... especially the one for the jaw. "Jaw line width" is a must for making sims.
Oh, I think she needs some eyebags.
I'm not sure if Bella's sliders have been uploaded here or not... but this is the link I have:
Bella3lek4's Facial Sliders

Here are some eyebags...
Kitty Klan Eyebags
You can also find Kittyklan eyebags here at MTS also... in Sims3 Create-A-Sim downloads.
Also eyebags here at Mts by Arisuka
Eye bags MEGAPACK - 8 styles!! by Arisuka

Good start! Hang in there! :D

**Edit**
Are you using a face mask? I'm thinking also that her skin needs to be a bit lighter.
After you take some of the width out of her lower lip move the "Lower lip shape" to the left to decrease it some. If it looks to thin after doing so then use the "Lower lip thickness" to plump them up some.

If you need face masks or skins you can try these:
These are DEFAULTS...
PeggyZone Female/Male Face Mask
or...(another face mask that is not a default)
"Lovable faces" non-default face skins by flajko

More here:
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...showType=1&gs=2

Sometimes this is nice too... and helpful.
softGLO blush
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th May 2010 at 5:35 AM
Awesome response, thanks! Ill get cracking with those changes. However, the bridge is definitely between the eyes, not above the brow. Although... now you mention it, I could probably do with deepening it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th May 2010 at 12:55 AM
Thanks for the great links, really helped me alot!

This is how she stands at the moment...

What do you guys think?
Forum Resident
#22 Old 7th May 2010 at 3:26 AM
Skin looks much better to me...

"Nostril defination" needs to be moved to the right and you might have to increase the "Nose tip scale" a tad.
Think you need to get the bottom half of her nose more like a tear drop. ... so try adding more of the above.

If you downloaded bellas sliders you should be able to thicken her brow a bit.
Top lip needs to be a tad wider and less wide, just a tad on the bottom.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 8th May 2010 at 7:41 PM
GetsLifted, she is getting there.

Lift her mouth up just a miniscule amount so it is a tad closer to the nose, I mean really small amount.
Darken her eyes to almost really dark brown, black.
Lighten her skin.
Put a smidge more blush.
Her natural hair colour looks like it is black judging by the eyebrows, so I would darken her hair a bit and take out the red.
Her nostril definition needs to come up so that the fleshy part of her nostril looks 'fat'.
Move her eyes down a tad.

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 9th May 2010 at 5:10 AM
Hi, the top lip still looks to small to me.
Scholar
#25 Old 11th May 2010 at 4:14 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 11th May 2010 at 4:15 AM. Reason: Addition
She's getting closer, I think. Can you lighten the eyebrows? They are very heavy and dark. Not sure the blush is helping your sim. Cheeks/cheekbones are maybe a bit too full. Have you tried pulling her eyes forward? The sim's look too deep to me. Nose tip looks better! Decrease nose definition and/or nasal bridge and/or indent nasal bridge more between eyes. The nasal bridge still looks too wide, but that may be the definition. Good work!

Sorry, meant to add to increase nasolabial crease a bit.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: contains useful info & links
Page 1 of 3