Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Rockerduck : 10th Dec 2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added image
Help me create beards for men, aka longer beards!

Update: See my latest post, I am now able to create beards. Please let me know what you would like created!

The title is kinda self-explanatory.

So far, I haven't been able to find any new beards save the make-up kind. What I'm looking for is a long, "Viking" style beard or possibly any Sims 2 conversions (if I remember correctly they had a longer Santa Claus beard). Hm. Strange there should be no beards out there.... :-O

Browsing TS2 section, I came across this unlocked "Father Time" style beard. It's almost exactly what I'm looking for!

I really need to get a clue regarding mesh conversions, it seems....

Link to TS2 item:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=164054

Thank you all!

~Rocki
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th May 2010 at 4:32 AM
Im going To bump this as Im looking for this to
Instructor
#3 Old 18th May 2010 at 7:54 AM
I also want the beard too, especially if someone can convert TS2 father of time and santa beard.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 18th May 2010 at 8:46 PM
I also really want a longer beard!!
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Oct 2010 at 3:15 AM
Bump! I'm trying to make some Viking sims, too!
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:29 AM
I too would like some longer beards! Y'can't make a proper dwarf with such tiny beards, it's insulting!
Inventor
#7 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 7:21 AM
I want this too! Dumbledore isn't complete without a long wizard beard!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:29 AM
Omg we NEED long beard meshes; I've been thinking this for MONTHS now! I secon dthirdfourthfifth everyone's comments!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 3:28 PM
i'll bump too, because i'm looking for something like that. not that long tho. but it do want a luscious beard.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 2:39 PM
I am also looking for the long Dumbledore beard and much longer wild wild hair for adult and elder males.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 9th Dec 2010 at 9:41 AM
Yes I am long for long beard as well

Particularly long beard like : 1) Santa 2) Manly beard like a lumber jack
3) long straight beard like ZZ Top
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:23 AM
Good news, I finally got around to mesh editing and I am now fully prepared to create beards myself! Yay!

Could you people please give me a list of beard styles you would like to see in TS3? I make no promises, but I am willing to give this a try so our Sims can finally be manly.

Expect a couple of uploads soonish. :-)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:38 AM
Rockerduck - There's at least six different styles named on this here thread already... why not pick any one of those to get started?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Dec 2010 at 10:44 AM
That's the plan. ;-)
Test Subject
#15 Old 13th Dec 2010 at 5:37 AM
Hi,
on this site there is atleast one beard:

http://sims3sims.blogspot.com/
hf with it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 10th Jan 2011 at 10:28 PM
Personally I'd like a goatee beard that hangs away from the face. You can see the type of beard I mean in various stages of neatness: here, here, here, here (two beards in this shot!) and here. Notice that in some of the pictures (the formalwear and fancy dress) he's recently trimmed his beard so it is neat. In other pictures it is more wild and woolly. There are also topless photos here, with computer and here, with a duvet. I think they're decent enough because he's a boy and you can't see anything interesting, but I wouldn't want someone to click on a topless photo without a warning!

After clicking the link, you can click on the photos to get them bigger for beard texturing, and they were all taken with my camera so I have higher resolution versions available.

Do you need a link to the World Beard and Moustache Championships rules to get some ideas for different beard styles? Or is my partner's beard enough to be getting on with?

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 5:05 AM
Default MY SHAVOOOO! <3
Quote: Originally posted by Athalanta
Hi,
on this site there is atleast one beard:

http://sims3sims.blogspot.com/
hf with it.

Ahaha, yes. I made this Shavo Odadjian.

Yea, I had to ask Necrodog for him to convert his S2 version of this beard, I seriously cannot find any long beards

Need some more.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 5:56 PM
ne14gzus93, I like your beard but I can't find where to locate it for download. Any direct link? Thanks!!

Rockerduck, a long but THIN beard as for Dumbledore and maybe a long beard tied halfway down as Dumbledore wore in one of the movies. If you need a pic, I'll look for one! Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 7:01 PM
Yes we definatley need some longer beards like for vikings, dumbledore and dwarfs from the lord of the rings!
Instructor
#20 Old 7th May 2011 at 2:53 PM
So....there's no possibility to create a new mesh for beards, right?
Field Researcher
#21 Old 8th May 2011 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
So....there's no possibility to create a new mesh for beards, right?

It is possible. I have a go a while back but I haven't figure out how the textures work. You can clone long bear under makeup.

If you figure out how the re-texture work, you will be a hero of mine
Scholar
#22 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:33 PM
I would love an exact link to the beard too, just can't find it, though there are some links on the blog that were useful for me
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th May 2011 at 9:03 PM
For inspiration:

http://www.beards.org/galleries.php

but I REALLY would like something like this:
http://www.jennyoughton.com/visual-...beard_1_big.jpg (on the right)
or this:
http://www.beards.org/images/displayimage.php?pos=-9232
or at least this:
http://www.ru.lv/~peter/images/meirans.jpg

I mean - a bit chaotic looking full beard with mustache, so almost no mouth is visible.

I was surprised to see that there are no big beards in any downloads for TS3
Could anybody create some BIG beards, please?
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2011 at 4:19 AM
Yeah I agree, Ive been searching for a new big beard since the game was released. Im looking for a big bushy beard nothing trimmed neatly. In the style of Sam Beam from iron & wine. Could somebody create this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 5:45 AM
It is entirely possible. However, shortly after I bragged about how I was able to create beards my entire computer went out and I'm having hardware trouble since. I haven't been motivated to re-install everything needed yet. :/
For textures, try UVMapper though I'm not sure it works - I only played with the mesh so far.

I'm still waiting for those TSM conversions myself. They have some nice beards I definitely want to see!
Page 1 of 2