Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 6:49 PM
Probably try to keep updated over at MATY's TSM to TS3 section. Some of the converters are dead set AGAINST converting any of the beards, but I think one or two did seem a bit more optimistic about figuring out how.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 6:40 PM
There's a longer beard available here, but it requires World Adventures or Late Night (2 versions available)
http://s3sage.blogspot.com/2011/08/...s-ln-or-wa.html

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 3:21 PM
^ It's interesting, because that one by Sage doesn't really seen like actual facial hair--it looks more like a HAIRSTYLE, with a beard attached to it, from what the creator showed in the preview pics. Even though the beard is great it's a bit inconvenient to have it already stuck to a particular hairstyle. Wizards cannot have a bikerboy ponytail and retain their arcane dignity. EA really needs to show us the way to get this done for the masses, because TSM has great beards, so they clearly have at least some idea how it can be done.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 8:51 PM
Hi murfee, it is a real beard, it's not attached to the hairdo in the preview pics - I've downloaded it and it's definitely a standalone that you can use with any hairdo you want. I'm really pleased that she got it to work (we were discussing it in the Creation forum)! The problem with making a full beard in TS3 has been that it hasn't been possible to make a base game compatible one, but it's now been discovered that you can make one with either WA or LN, which is what she's done with this beard.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 2:11 AM
Really!? She had the oddest preview pics, making it look like the RGB mask recolors for the hair-and-beard were all connected, as if for one mesh. That's great news--the wizards CAN be dignified, then, after all! (PHEW )

But what's so special about WA and LN that they can have beards? *scratches head*
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Really!? She had the oddest preview pics, making it look like the RGB mask recolors for the hair-and-beard were all connected, as if for one mesh. That's great news--the wizards CAN be dignified, then, after all! (PHEW )

But what's so special about WA and LN that they can have beards? *scratches head*

Yep, it's great that we can finally have proper long beards. I tried for months to make full beards using the base game full beard, but the results always came out either rotated 30%, unrecolourable, or transparent, and everyone else I spoke to who tried it was having similar problems, and I gave up. There's something glitchy about the base game beard, but EA does seem to have managed to fix it in WA and TSM. Am looking forward to a variety of beards starting to appear now, and will have to have another try myself!
Mad Poster
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:07 PM
I'd love to know what good these silly patches are, then, that supposedly address 'additional bug fixes and polish to existing features', if things STILL end up fudged up in the game after...I can't even recall how many patches deep we are. Wow, the beards are glitched. EA, thou doth never disappointeth my low expectations of thee, forsooth.

Thanks for explaining this, EsmeraldaF! I've been confused myself as to why creators were avoiding beards like the plague; I figured people would be trying to do those immediately, and was rather crestfallen that the hairy situation had thinned (pun intended ), especially when Christmas came and even The Store didn't even give us a $20 Santa Claus beard. Should have known EA's buggy-eyed bugs & glitches were behind it. :P
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Feb 2012 at 6:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by megativity13
There's a longer beard available here, but it requires World Adventures or Late Night (2 versions available)

The downloads for that are broken, do you know if there's an alternative way to get them?
Forum Resident
#34 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 7:32 AM Last edited by megativity13 : 29th Feb 2012 at 6:12 PM.
The download links for these are working again, so you can download them here

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant and kindness from the unkind, yet, I'm ungrateful to those teachers. "- Kahlil Gibran
Test Subject
#35 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 7:15 PM
I'm actually working on making a Disney themed world for my Sims, my biggest problem I've run into so far.. King Tritons facial hair, if you're willing to work on the beautiful piece of facial hair I'd love you forever.
Test Subject
#36 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 7:10 PM
Im only a beginner, but i tried to convert TS2 Full Long Beard; and to be quite honest its really difficult and confusing. also why didnt EA/Maxis put any longER beards into the game in the first place :/
Mad Poster
#37 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 1:46 PM
cuz they're EVIL
Page 2 of 2