Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated: Versatile Glass Shelving:5 levels/2 choices of uprights. Freestanding or for walls.

by orangemittens Posted 24th May 2010 at 3:48 PM - Updated 6th Aug 2010 at 1:12 PM by orangemittens : Added shadow-free meshes

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:21 PM
These last two shelving sets you've made are great - I love them and will use them all the time! Thanks so much for sharing and keep up the awesome work!
Scholar
#3 Old 24th May 2010 at 4:40 PM
Love the look...very nicely done! Thank you for sharing.
Theorist
#4 Old 24th May 2010 at 5:21 PM
Perfect addition to the first set of shelves that you made. Thanks so much
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th May 2010 at 7:56 PM
A great second set of shelves. They work great in the game and make decorating rooms a delight in many ways.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th May 2010 at 8:36 PM
Amazing If i put a phone where you did in the picture, will the sims be able to use it or is the shelf just for display items?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2010 at 9:53 PM
Thank you to everyone who has commented...it's great to know people like the shelves

NN, about the phone...each shelf was cloned from an endtable and the game recognizes it as one. If you put the phone on the third shelf up the animation when the Sim answers or hangs up looks pretty good because this shelf is about the same height as the original. If you put the phone on the shelf under that one the Sim will sort of scoop in the air and the phone will fly into their hand. When they go to hang it up it almost looks like the Sim is throwing it (with extremely good aim) right into the phone cradle. Still not too bad. And they use it even with other shelves in the way.

I haven't tried putting the phone higher than that but I imagine it would look pretty funny to see the phone flying down from a high shelf into the Sims hand. I thought about trying to change the flag on the higher shelves and the floor shelf to block placement of the phone but I though decorators and picture-takers might still want to put it there in spite of the sort of weird animation so I left it.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th May 2010 at 9:59 PM
Thanks for the info :D
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th May 2010 at 11:38 PM
So cool!! :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:52 AM
Thank you so much! I love your versatile shelving and having a set of glass shelves is just great! The first set works so well I can't wait to add these in another room!
Theorist
#11 Old 25th May 2010 at 5:04 AM
I love this especially since its free standing and doesn't have to be on a wall, so thank you so much for making them for us :-)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th May 2010 at 7:57 AM
Wow, just wow! Thank you!
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th May 2010 at 11:21 AM
Thank you so much for all these fantastic shelves, I really needed them!

Could you please tell me where I can find the paintings that are shown in your screenshots? That black cat is sooo cute

Dont' worry, be hippy! :)

If you want to see the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain...
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th May 2010 at 12:26 PM
Thank you so much!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th May 2010 at 1:32 PM
Minouka, I posted the little cat painting at Juniper Sun Forum. It was one of the first paintings I made and so does not have multiple images to choose from. At least the frame is recolorable...lol. If you still want it it's here:

http://www.junipersun.org/daystar/v...&t=3767&start=0

The other paintings are images from a mesh that I will be posting at my site Indigo. But it isn't up yet.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:31 PM
Awesome Glass shelves OM. They look great
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:04 PM
Becomming more and more amazing~! :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 25th May 2010 at 4:42 PM
Thanks bunches for designing these :-) Thumbs up!!

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th May 2010 at 2:48 AM
This is great!! I've been looking and waiting for a shelving system like this!! It's perfect!

*.* ~Sehana~
Sehana Fortress.com | Entertainment | Sims2 | Sims3 | Blog | Twitter |
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th May 2010 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
Minouka, I posted the little cat painting at Juniper Sun Forum. It was one of the first paintings I made and so does not have multiple images to choose from. At least the frame is recolorable...lol. If you still want it it's here:

http://www.junipersun.org/daystar/v...&t=3767&start=0

The other paintings are images from a mesh that I will be posting at my site Indigo. But it isn't up yet.

Thank you!! I've downloaded the painting, it looks really nice in game. Oh, and the shelves, too

Dont' worry, be hippy! :)

If you want to see the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:12 AM
Default German translation
Hi,
first I would like to thank OM for her great work on this!
I added a german translation. Furthermore I overhauled the french and spanish ones (I only have rudimentary knowledge of both languages, sorry) as they seemed to be relicts from some source file.

I also have a request/proposal:
Could you please create uprights that don't all go from the bottom but like from one hight to the next? That way, one could create hanging shelves with sides. If they look good when stacked to cover several heights, they could replace the 5 current ones. If they don't, could you please create uprights covering height 3-5, 3-4, 4-5 (I think, these are the heights above dressers)?

BaXiM
Attached files:
File Type: rar  OM_Shelf_GlassVersatile_GER.rar (475.0 KB, 6 downloads)
Description: OM's Versatile Glas Shelf with added german translation
Alchemist
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 11:04 AM
Thank you for the translation and the overhaul of the others BaXiM. Is it ok if I edit my above post to add this there? If not is it ok to at least reference this post number so people can get it from your link?

I've already planned on doing something like what you're talking about. But I'm experimenting with a different way of going about things to maximize flexibility and efficiency. If it works the new set will be better than this one that I've made. If not, I'll make different uprights for this one.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:32 PM
These are very nice, thank you for making them!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:43 PM
Wow, these are great. Thanks so much.
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:49 PM
awesome creation thanks!
Page 1 of 2