Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Big Misc. Eye Pack-added bitmaps for recoloring

by dragonmandy Posted 25th May 2010 at 8:30 PM - Updated 26th May 2010 at 4:17 AM by fanseelamb : fixing thumbnail

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 25th May 2010 at 9:07 PM
If you would like folks to recolor, they can do a much better job if you give them the original textures in layers in a psd file. That way, the texture won't get degraded by BodyShop, and they can recolor the iris without screwing up the sclera.

Lovely eyes.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:22 PM
Nice, I always love your eyes.

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th May 2010 at 10:48 PM
thank you both.
and catofevilgenius, i uploaded the bitmaps, so that should be better quality wise.
as for the recoloring in layers thing, i find it much easier if i flatten the image, select the iris with the elliptical marque tool, and then deselect ONLY the area where the glare is. then, i can recolor on one layer, and ctrl+s without having to reselect my file to overwrite (thats just how i do it though, so thats why theyre bitmaps)
Instructor
#5 Old 26th May 2010 at 10:01 AM
Gorgeous eyes, as always
Thanks! ^_^
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 26th May 2010 at 5:16 PM
Thanks for adding the stuff for recolorists.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#7 Old 27th May 2010 at 1:45 AM
Wow! Gorgeous! Thanks!
Scholar
#8 Old 27th May 2010 at 1:19 PM
really beautiful set! thanks for sharing

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th May 2010 at 4:15 PM
Beautiful...thank you!
Test Subject
#10 Old 27th May 2010 at 5:02 PM
wow! I just loveee them, thanks for sharing. I also had a quick question, is it possible to change the "eyes" of a sim after you've already created them? I know you can change the eye shadow and lashes but I mean the actual eyes. it would be awesome if someone could help me out. thanks
Field Researcher
#11 Old 31st May 2010 at 3:46 PM
I've just tried them yesterday and I'm absolutly impressed. These eyes arejust so stunning and clear - the best I have in my game atm O.O
Soo... thank you a lot!!

@ bsb4eva
It's not possible to change genetic stuff again. Sometimes you'll find "contacts" for recolouring eyes in "full face masks"... (My game is french, sorry, if I used the wrong names) But these are single made stuff... not even really eyes. Just covering them
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st May 2010 at 11:31 PM
@shine shine :

ooh okay, that's what I was thinking too..but I just thought there was maybe a tiny chance I was wrong, guess not lol . Thanks for replying though have good day!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 4:25 PM
WOW!!! Thank you so much!!! I always love yours eyes!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bsb4eva
wow! I just loveee them, thanks for sharing. I also had a quick question, is it possible to change the "eyes" of a sim after you've already created them? I know you can change the eye shadow and lashes but I mean the actual eyes. it would be awesome if someone could help me out. thanks

I thought you could with SimPE? I changed the skin on existing sim, eyes should be there too. Find the character file via Neighbourhood browser, then poke around in it - you're looking for something that identifies "eyes" with a long letters+numbers string, that matches the string in the eyes package currently on your sim; then you can replace it with the corresponding string from new eyes. Might have to go to the mirror and change appearance (like, hair) for it to show. Do backup the actual physical character file first, better yet the entire hood, cuz things could get randomly glitchy.
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
the picture of the girl looks like kristen stuart. Is it meant to be? Its awsome anyways, thanks, luv ur work x
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:57 PM
thank you all for the wonderful comments, im so glad you like them.
also thank you ShineShine and MegatronsPet for answering bsb4eva's question. :D
and bubblelover10; no, it wasnt meant to be her, just a random sim girl.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 12:07 AM
Ok, WELL, I love them but I have way to many eyes.

And

this as nothing to do with the eyes, Where did you get that hair?!

You smile at me
I smile at you
Instructor
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 12:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmie
Ok, WELL, I love them but I have way to many eyes.

And

this as nothing to do with the eyes, Where did you get that hair?!

at the bottom of the post, i stated that its a recolor of my own, and there is a link to the original hair. my recolor isnt available at the moment, and it is very unlikely that ill upload it (ive been so lazy lately). sorry!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 11:54 PM
Love Them!! Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 12:48 PM
thank you, glad you like.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 11:03 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!