Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th May 2010 at 3:44 AM
Default ... Frankensim?!
Some folks have been wondering about the Create Three Monsters LTW in Ambitions. Inventors can create Simbots with their workbench, and, apparently, Mummies using the Time Machine. But apparently there's also another NEW monster in this EP :O

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...35.page#2538605
Megangieske: "When I was reading my Prima Essential Guide for the Sims 3 Ambitions, I happened upon this, "Inventors need to collect the necessary 10 gems to earn the Heart cut if they want to complete the series of opportunities that lead to the creation of the FRANKENSIM," on page 102 - bottom right corner."

Could be a troll, I guess, but she sounds sincere Maybe Ticklish can verify this for us?!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:08 AM
If this is true, I like that EA wanted it to be a surprise, so much so that they resisted using it as a selling point in their advertising (the way they used the mummy in WA).
Scholar
#3 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:18 AM
I think this Frankensim is the Simbot.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:23 AM
But 'Frankensim' and 'Simbot' conjure up completely different images in one's imagination. Both are sim-made of course, but one would be created out of junk metal, and the other would at least have the appearance of being created out of various body parts from (hopefully) dead sims.

Either way, it would be easy enough to find it using debugging cheats.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th May 2010 at 4:36 AM Last edited by AngelicScot : 29th May 2010 at 4:41 AM. Reason: Additional quotes
I got the guide today as well. It does indeed state that inventors can create a Frankensim.

It also says:

"Ambitions introduces an all-new gem: Flourite Palmstone." In a note it says: "Flourite Palmstone is not found in the wild. It is only found in stones used for sculpting. There is a slight random chance that your Sim will discover it while working on a statue in the stone medium."

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:12 AM
thanks for the info AngelicScot. Well, it's not my vampires, but it will have to do for now. lol
Retired
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:32 AM
This is exciting. I'm slightly more excited by the fact that the EP is - so far - apparently working.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:38 AM
ROFL, yes, that is one nice thing about the large numbers of people already playing The rest of us can put our minds at ease about the game exploding on contact with our hard drives!

I've spotted one complaint so far about somebody with install problems, but that's it, everybody else who got it apparently isn't having troubles... yet
Field Researcher
#9 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:40 AM
Any news about CC incompatibilities yet?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:26 AM
I haven't seen any, and that one simmer with an installation problem got it cleared up, heh. Looking good

However, any player with any sense took out their CC before installing, and hasn't put it back yet

Debate is still brewing over there about whether the reference in the prima guide to the frankensim was actually about the simbot, btw :/

And here is the first pic I've seen of a female simbot: http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/...oneOdell-01.jpg
(From here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/206192.page )
Field Researcher
#11 Old 29th May 2010 at 12:11 PM
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th May 2010 at 12:37 PM
I can't help it but every time somebody says frankensim, I think of the word Franken-Heidi and Franken-Tittays. It's what perez hilton calls Heidi Montag.
Banned
#13 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:59 PM
It mentions requiring a heart cut.

I can't imagine a heart cut stone would be required for a robot. Maybe as a catalyst for a power source, but that seems unlikely. A heart-cut precious gem placed in the chest of an artificial non-robot sim sounds a lot more magical and awesome, so let's hope it's actually a new type of sim.

Though...how would you even make it? Would it be another undead, made of a corpse? Or would it...be...lots of corpses...
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:29 PM
Maybe you'd have to collaborate with a ghost hunter?

As for the heart for the robot, somebody else with the strat guide already said you need one. And it makes sense to me. Think of the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz. You're turning a pile of scrap into something that has romantic socials and can woohoo Don't forget that screen of the robot hugging the microwave!
Forum Resident
#15 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:33 PM
Well, back in 2005 EA worked with students at USC to create a mini Sims 2 EP. The topic was the paranormal, Addams Family style. One of the things they created was Frank, your NPC monster. Because no one has the time anymore to go out and get body parts and use lighting to get the monster up and running, he came in a box, pre-fabricated and self-assembled. So, it is possible for them to do something like that, a Frankenstein's Monster, without having to get into going out and getting body parts.

If anyone is interested, here is a pic of Frank

And here is the site about the game. If you scroll down some on that site, there is a link for the project, it has some video and pictures of some of the objects, and a product book that is fun to read though.
Typical
#16 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Don't forget that screen of the robot hugging the microwave!

I think it was doing a little more than hugging!
Instructor
#17 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:14 PM
Don't suppose anyone has found out how to get/make the Frankensim and got a picture yet?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewjen
I think it was doing a little more than hugging!

Maybe that's how we get young SimBots?
Typical
#19 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:44 PM
LOL GeekDavid - That'd be more than awesomesauce!
Little simbots with Microwave heads O_O
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:50 PM

And their lifetime wish is to pop 20 bags of popcorn?
Instructor
#21 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:29 PM

Awww, Microbots, that would be sweet
Field Researcher
#22 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:27 PM
HAH! I knew it! This kicks ass!
Test Subject
#23 Old 30th May 2010 at 7:52 PM
i think ' frankensim' is just a' cutzie 'name the prima folks have given the simbot. however i do hope i'm wrong, another 'monster' would be very cool!!
Theorist
#24 Old 30th May 2010 at 8:09 PM
Wow this is really cool! I do hope that it's true, this EP seems to be the EP of surprises doesn't it? There is so many really really neat things that EA hasn't mentioned such as.....
- Hidden hairs and clothes (technically they're not a surprise but still there's quite a few hairs exclusive to the stylist)
- The lawn game & baked goods table
- The new various hairs for toddlers and children (The pigtails for toddlers is adorable! That one boys hair is downright fugly though XD)
- Mummies are in this EP too! (I just read that in this thread)
- All of the inventions that do a LOT of cool things (rabbit holes for speedy travel, explosives, etc.)
- 2 new cars

I'm sure that there's a lot more considering that this is only things that we've learned after about 2 days of gameplay and various previews

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:49 AM
I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but I'm going to quote what Claeric said on his blog concerning Frankensims, after he looked through a few of the game data files:

Quote:
3 Entries mentioning "FrankenSim". There are also a LOT mentioning Frankenstein.

However, each and every one refers to the Simbot. Only one actually says "Simbot" inside it, and it seems like it was an error, and they meant to say Frankenstein. They reference repairing, reprogramming, shorting out, etc.

What the heck is with EA? Why would they name these things FrankenSim and Frankenstein when they're files about Simbots? D:<
Page 1 of 3