Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 10:55 PM
According to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....html#msg536054 awesomemod will be updated for ambitions tomorrow(!) if things go as planned. Unsure if the updated version will also work with latest patched vanilla/VA/HELS though.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:21 PM
For anyone concerned with my mod, or Non-Default Skins, I have posted a note to the top of my upload post and some new info in the comments.

I have heard some rumbling of the update changing the UI files, etc. in addition to changing the way genetic skin blending is handled; so I highly suspect that NDST's and my UI mod my not function correctly for the time being.

Please use at your own risk until I check for issues.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM
This is a dumb question but do you *have* to move your CC over?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:34 PM
I have just installed the last patch and my game crashes. I took out all mods, emptied the game bin of framework and I tried repeteadly to play a plain vanilla game after the backup of my files. Nothing works. I have base game, Adventures and HELS, not Ambitions yet. Impossible to play with or without mods and cc.
Theorist
#30 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:50 PM
@nanisim, does it crash consistently, shortly after you select a family to play? That has happened to a few people (me included) but adding the EP02 to the list as an exception to the Window data execution preventer (DEP) stopped my CTDs. The site seems to be down ATM (no big surprise, ha) but there's a thread on the EA BBS about how to make changes to your DEP (for those brave enough to mess with our PCs settings).

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Test Subject
#31 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak

Probably wise to make the switch sooner rather than later, but I don't think you have to. I know that when I tried to start the game with the old architecture running it did try to load the mods; but that was before I removed awesomemod, so the game didn't actually load and hence I don't know if it actually would work.
Instructor
#32 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak

I would keep them in the old directory. When i tried moving them, my cc didn't show up. I'm sticking with the old way, lol and it works fine!
Instructor
#33 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:56 PM
Well a interesting thing of the My Documents/.../Mods folder, things in there get a SHINY new icon so you can now tell it apart from "base game" items.

Also it seems you can delete things that are in there in CAS.
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 11:57 PM
I've tried to make the switch, several times now and every time my game freezes during loading. Before it starts it will give me the error message about game modifications, but I've carefully made sure to move my mods to the correct folders and such. :/ Is there any way to go back to before the patch? Since it seems it wont be pleased until I give up on it. Any suggestions on why it's continuously failing to load? Oh why do they try to fix things that are not broken?

Wait...is this patch supposed to work with Awesomemod...?
Instructor
#35 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:06 AM
Why then are you TRYING TO LOAD THE GAME WITH OUTDATED MODS?

EA is not trying to "break" anything, every patch is supposed to fix things and EP add new functionality to the game that was not there before.

Yet even after EA decided to end the EP compatibility uphill battle (were the only way to be sure things work was getting every single EP and SP installed) by updating the base game core so we dont have to worry about what is compatible with what, people still want Mods to keep working AFTER the game was updated.

I am this close to go all MATY on you ... REMOVE EVERY F**KING MOD YOU HAVE AND DO NOT PUT THEN BACK UNTIL ITS REPORTED TO BE COMPATIBLE!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:15 AM
The patch seems to be working fine for me. Didn't have any hacks installed, just some objects packages, which I left untouched. Love the tatoos and the fact that I can now move stuff around the neighbourhood.
Instructor
#37 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:19 AM Last edited by James009 : 3rd Jun 2010 at 6:09 AM.
Idea!
I'd suggest that someone start organizing a patch/Ambitions mod compatibility thread and keep it updated.

EDIT: Bah, just went ahead and did it myself here
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:21 AM
It will be fine and dandy when awesomemod is updated. Do miss the tweaks to skill training time and work progress too much though.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by qtpie_361825
Does anyone know if this new patch fixes any of the launcher issues? Such as saying custom content is installed, but having it not actually show up in the game?

Unfortunately no.
You still need to decrapify them.

Though there are several changes on the launcher.
Starting the interface, a bottom bar with information about the game version (EPs and SPs too);
It's now more optimized in the way the launcher will read the content.
A new command line is used, first it will export all the .Sims3Pack's to DCBackup, then join them and save into a temporary file, and save it as a DBPF package.

It seems that with these last patches there have been some optimizations in the game's engine, specially while streaming data.
Being more eficient, there's still things to fix, of course, but the new additions like the hability to put your own lots and modifying the world.

The last one disappointed me a bit, since we are only able to add pre-selected items. Rocks, Trees and some world-objects.

I was looking forward to actually put some military barricades or some antennas around the world. But you can't since there's only some items.

Hopefully, it's a matter of time until someone find a way to retagorize these.

Things are nice so far here.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 12:47 AM
kay, I'm not planning on getting Ambitions, but will need to patch at some point.
But have a few dumb questions i'm trying to clarify since i'm having some trouble understanding all the new stuff, please bear with me.

The new mods folder in My Directory is for mods and cc?

I don't have to move my current mods folder to My Directory, but should anyways.
I saw someone said leave current cc where it's at, but would i want to put any mods/cc from here on out in the My Directory folder?

I know to wait for my Story Progression mod, but there might be a problem with the UI mods and non-default skins?

I think that's it for now. I'm planning on waiting to patch since there seems to be a lot of changes going on, but would like to make some heads and tails of the new info.

thanks guys
Forum Resident
#41 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
I reinstalled and ran without any mods still crashes when try a new game in twinbrook. I keep trying but not sure what is going on have no mods at all
Scholar
#42 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:17 AM
mine crashed on start up...everything was taken out before i did the patch...so i am in the process of reinstalling....i really wanted this patch....i used to get
the patches from the Sims 3 forum...there was a post with external link for them...but with that forum down i can't even check for that...
Test Subject
#43 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
Has anyone tested the upgraded sims genetics - how much has it changed?
I use awesomemod mostly to be able to mix skincolours - does ea's new patch do that too? And the hairstyle - will children always inherit the parents hairstyle still or has it changed?
Test Subject
#44 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:07 AM
I had the same issues after the update path finished. Game was crashing and what not. I Removed the 'Tunable Core Configuration' that I use and moved the Mod folders which fixed the issue. As a test I put the 'Tunable Core Configuration' into the moved Mod folder and restarted the game. The game did not crash and as of now it's working just fine with the mods. So for anyone that is useing the 'Tunable Core Configuration' move your mod folder first.

^.^
Theorist
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:11 AM
Has anyone had any success on figuring out the no sim interactions issue that many people are experiencing?

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
Create a file "Resource.cfg" with the following content in the newly created "Mods" folder (this is different!):

Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*/*.package

Do I copy and paste that into my Resource.cfg or are the asterisk's supposed to be words? E.G. PackedFile Packages/Makeup/*.package
Mad Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:11 AM
I have installed the patch with no problems and all my CC is showing and working in my game. I took out all hacks, except the ones that Twallan has kept up, since they are still working. Was going to wait for the update of his Story Progression, but became impatient cause I wanted to play with the World Editor Tool. Having a blast placing lots and moving trees and objects around in the world.

I am having a problem moving one tree, the big oak tree. No matter what angle, move the cursor up and down the tree and trunk, I still can't grab it. That's a bummer cause I really wanted to delete a couple of them, they clipping some of my houses. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem, or have anyone had success in moving the oak tree and what method you used?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 4:17 AM
Default Mods with New Patch the old way.
Since I didn't see this thread right away I installed my mods the old way using Monkey Bars. I had to copy and paste the resource.cfg, folders, and .dll file into Ambitions. The 2 mods I tested, NRRAS No CD and No Intro, work fine. Just in case you don't want to do it EA's way. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Porcelyn
Do I copy and paste that into my Resource.cfg or are the asterisk's supposed to be words? E.G. PackedFile Packages/Makeup/*.package

Yes, you copy and paste all of it. *=wild card. Or something like that.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 2nd Jun 2010 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Since I didn't see this thread right away I installed my mods the old way using Monkey Bars. I had to copy and paste the resource.cfg, folders, and .dll file into Ambitions.

Yes, the old way of setting up the Mods/Packages still work, but you won't have the features of having a CC icon on the items or being able to delete the CC from CAS. I think it is worth the move.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 2 of 5