Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
#26 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:20 PM
Yeah, if you put another sim in the family tree, you're actually adding them to the game, and that's a recipe for all kinds of borkage. If they're dead, they can be resurrected and so on.

So just going with a single parent makes sense to me.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:15 AM
This just happened to me about an hour ago or so. I sooo wasn't ready for it. Aw well. It's a female kid-age, and she's kinda cute. She'll be one of the two out of my three kids who I move out and let them be NPCs.
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:22 AM
The first time my sim time-travelled, she went to the past and got some message about a sim that looked like her and she came back and had a child. When the child became an adult she looked exactly the same as her mother. So, it's like she took herself out of the past or something. But I thought it was really cool.
Test Subject
#29 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 6:15 AM
I just had my sim travel to the future. A few minutes after she came back an elder aged female sim came from the time machine and said "Hi mom and dad, I'm your child from the future. This is pretty primal but I guess it's home" Now I'm not sure if this was caused by my sims woo-hooing in the future or not but yea,I was thinking that woo-hooing in the future would cause my sim to become pregnant in a few days or something but not sure how that works.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Ok who ever said that EA made sense? lol

I think it's awesome with all random stuff! Like men getting pregnant from aliens in TS2
Got to try this asap!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Inventor
#31 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot

I think it's awesome with all random stuff! Like men getting pregnant from aliens in TS2
Got to try this asap!

I know. I miss that.
And aliens in general lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Scholar
#32 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:56 PM
Oh, come on. You guys never watched Charmed? I'm a big fan of this show, so those weird changes in the present are absolutely normal for me. roflmao
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:00 PM
I read about this in the strategy guide. I thought the time travel sounded very cool until I found out out you *could* return with a kid. Oh no, not going to happen. My sims have enough crisis in their lives as it is.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:08 PM
that sounds really awesome! I can't to get the game so i can try it.

Some people are always leaving, But I am here for a lifetime.

Strange and Beautiful
Test Subject
#35 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:05 PM
I think its amazing as well - I mean, going to the past to steal yourself and claim you and your own child (wait, brain is bleeding from that . . . my high-school physics teacher must be crying somewhere) . . . anyway, that prevents one grave and very serious matter . . .

Fuglybabies. xD
Field Researcher
#36 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:23 PM
If you don't want to dip a toe in the paradox pool, don't mess with time. And remember kids, do not allow a fly to enter the time chamber upon dissolution or things may get freaky when you "remoleculize".
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 5:30 PM
Lol.

Anyone seen any morlocks yet? Maybe that's who they're having babies with . . . :S
Forum Resident
#38 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 12:50 PM
When my sim came back with a kid, it said

"Sally was rushing though a packed street and managed to save an orphan from being trampled. Another sim saw this and exclaimed aloud how children are so important and that we should have more of them. This sim looked suspiciously similar to Sally, but hopefully that doesn't mean anything."
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 1:09 PM
Lol! Why does every single sim seem to be too stupid to recognize their past selves when they time travel?

Then again, I've never had my sims look at a mirror (too busy!) so... maybe...

We need a leaflet to hand out to Inventors. "PARADOX PREVENTION: How to Recognize Your Past Selves When Time-Traveling."
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:56 PM Last edited by DeLoure : 6th Jun 2010 at 5:08 PM.
Guys, did you know that you can woohoo AND try for baby in the time machine? My male Sim, Aloysius Crane and his roommate, Molly Coddle woohoo'd in the time machine (in the past) and a TEENAGED girl named Kerri Coddle came out.

She said, "Mother! Father! I am finally home! This is much better than the cave you left me in!" Then, I checked out their family tree, she registers as both Aloysius' and Molly's child! I'm gonna try for them to woohoo in the future and see what happens...

UPDATE: ...oh snap! So, I sent Kerri into the time machine; sending her to the past and she came back with a SISTER (teen) named Liliana. When I checked out her family tree, they have the same mother and father! I didn't think teens can go in and bring people out!! This is freaky to the ninth power!

UPDATE 2: (Because I didn't wanna double post.) Also, more than one person can come out with your Sim. I just experienced the random child thing, another daughter named Casey; Casey is just Aloysius' daughter, not Molly and not long after, an ADULT (young) MAN came flying out named Garrett; who belongs to both Molly and Aloysius.

I think I'm gonna leave that machine alone, he had four children in just five minutes!
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 8:22 PM
The time machine is hilarious, if you read all the notifications there really funny. I even had a reference to Mass Effect. Something about a Shepard that saved the galaxy from ancient gods. As that was time travelling in the future, it must mean Mass Effect and the Sims take place in the same Universe! The mind boggles!

Remember that happiness is a way of travel - not a destination
Forum Resident
#42 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
Haha woah! You can get children going through the time machine!? That's crazy... I better get rid of that thing, don't want some unwanted child spoiling everything!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mighty__Gazelle
The time machine is hilarious, if you read all the notifications there really funny. I even had a reference to Mass Effect. Something about a Shepard that saved the galaxy from ancient gods. As that was time travelling in the future, it must mean Mass Effect and the Sims take place in the same Universe! The mind boggles!

THAT'S what that was! Now I feel silly for not getting that reference. I mean, sure, I've never played Mass Effect, but I've read about it... Shepard. Clever.

Hm. Same universe as Mass Effect? Maybe. Unless... the Time Machine spans alternate realities, too! :O DUN DUN DUNNNN.
Eminence Grise
#44 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 10:50 PM
I've heard there are references to Dragon Age: Origins in the time machine's past, too. Haven't run into one yet, though
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 11:20 PM
So, how frequent are these kid appearances? I was thinking of making myself an old(er) scientist and move it into Twinbrook. After living a lonely life I would like him to return with a child prodigy to focus on. The added randomness of the child makes it a fun element. Can never force myself to make a truly random Sim and this seems like a perfect solution :D.
Instructor
#46 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:09 AM
I tried for baby in the past and a couple days later a teen dressed like a Flintstone showed up. He's really cute.

Test Subject
#47 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:18 AM
I can't figure out how to Try for Baby in the time machine. When I click on the machine with one of my sims it only gives me the option to go into the past or into the future, even if the other sims is in there. Is this because my sim was an inventor and made the time machine? Should I try to build a better time machine? I can't find the answer to this question anywhere...am I the only one who is confused?
Instructor
#48 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:28 AM
For me the only time that option appears is when I have husband and wife both at home. To just get a random kid, just keep traveling and eventually it will happen.
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:36 AM
Hmm I always have them right in the same room there and everything. I wanted a kid that was related to both the husband and wife :-/ I'll try buying/making a new time machine and see if that helps.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:07 AM
I was having that problem with my sims - no Try for Baby in the time machine. I had them be romantic with each other until the Try for Baby interaction came up and then tried the time machine. It worked, although no child has popped out of the machine yet (it's only been a day).
Page 2 of 6