Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tati22
I just had my sim travel to the future. A few minutes after she came back an elder aged female sim came from the time machine and said "Hi mom and dad, I'm your child from the future. This is pretty primal but I guess it's home" Now I'm not sure if this was caused by my sims woo-hooing in the future or not but yea,I was thinking that woo-hooing in the future would cause my sim to become pregnant in a few days or something but not sure how that works.

I tested it again it is caused by trying for a baby in the future. So it isn't caused by traveling to the future. I had saved just before the female elder age sim came out of the time machine. When I reloaded my game after a few sim hours this time an elder male sim came out. So you just wanted to share
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:14 PM
Only thing I've got from the past was I saved some people and they promised to be friends for all time...when I got back to the present, I had 2 new friends.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 6:41 PM
I looked at cas with "unlockoutfits on" and theres alot of time travel related clothes it seems, such as a knight outfit and an illuminati coat.
Test Subject
#54 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:45 PM
I STILL can't get my sims to whoohoo or Try For Baby in the time machine. I had him build another one in case the first one was defective and got them in the mood to Try For Baby otherwise, but no luck. The option should just be there when I click on the time machine, right?
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 9:14 PM
I guess this is how people felt (in sims 2) when their male sims got abducted...and then came back.

You have faith in God, Whose power will protect you until the last day. Then He will save you, just as He has always planned to do.
1 Peter 1:5

Field Researcher
#56 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:38 PM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 9th Jun 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ToniDale
I guess this is how people felt (in sims 2) when their male sims got abducted...and then came back.

oh man i HATED when my male sim got pregnant! the first time it happened i was so freaked out i built an inescapable room around the alien baby and child services took it..

my sim still hasnt come out with anything cool yet. i'm not hoping for a child but at least SOME kind of souvenir!

has anyone experienced a simbot coming back with a child? you know, as opposed to simbots adopting a child?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
has anyone experienced a simbot coming back with a child? you know, as opposed to simbots adopting a child?

Well THERE's an interesting experiment. What happens if a SimBot activates the Spawn Paradox Child event? Will it be a randomized appearance? Will it have the SimBot's natural pitch-black, reaper-esque skin? (Editing a SimBot's age or clothing in CAS reveals that their skin is apparently pitch-black.) Or will the event simply never happen? (HA, I doubt EA was thinking that logically when they programmed this!)
Anyone want to test to see if this is even possible? I think I'll try it myself tomorrow, but if anyone wants to try before then, have at it.
Instructor
#58 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:13 AM
My husband has had 3 paradox children occur in his game and I playing the same times as he does has not had one happen. I am not sure how the randomization of such a thing works, but maybe it has to do with checking the household to see if there are able people in a relationship versus a single person with no relationships and ability to have child otherwise?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chronicle
Well THERE's an interesting experiment. What happens if a SimBot activates the Spawn Paradox Child event? Will it be a randomized appearance? Will it have the SimBot's natural pitch-black, reaper-esque skin? (Editing a SimBot's age or clothing in CAS reveals that their skin is apparently pitch-black.) Or will the event simply never happen? (HA, I doubt EA was thinking that logically when they programmed this!)
Anyone want to test to see if this is even possible? I think I'll try it myself tomorrow, but if anyone wants to try before then, have at it.

i'm trying as often as the game let's me. i wish you could time travel endlessly, instead of "it's too soon to time travel again!" (you know, something along those lines..)

as i said earlier though i have yet to come back with something interesting. the most interesting thing i got so far is a death seed but that's about it. actually that's the only thing i've gotten..

i want my simbot to have a paradox time child!
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:48 AM
I wish I could time travel all the time too, these restrictions are annoying because nothing good ever happens to me, I dont get any items and out of 30 attempts I just got one measly medieval outfit. Hopefully there will be a mod that removes this
Supreme Social Simmer
#61 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:57 AM
I had a random time child due to my Sim trying to save an ancestor, a Sim that look oddly similar to her stopped her from doing too much damage. I chock this up as a temporal event that caused an offspring to produced to this effect. If you think about it if the Sim is out of time, any thing they may do in the past that alters the future won't take effect until they return, kinda like Time Cop, its the ripple effect.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:52 AM
o O ? You brought back a kid? That's it, I'm getting Ambitions!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:55 AM
I got an old lady daughter from the future. It's so annoying that she skipped all the good life stages and went straight to elder

Quote: Originally posted by anndisaster
I STILL can't get my sims to whoohoo or Try For Baby in the time machine. I had him build another one in case the first one was defective and got them in the mood to Try For Baby otherwise, but no luck. The option should just be there when I click on the time machine, right?

Yes the options to "Try for baby in the..." and "Wooho in the..." should be there of there are two people on the lot who are able to do these things together. They don't even need to be in the mood.

Try for baby won't show up if your female sim is already pregnant, but then she should still get the woohoo option. See if removing your mods and cc makes any difference.
Test Subject
#64 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:06 AM
Well, I've sent my sim traveling to the past and future several times, and I've only come back with one kid. It was a male child, that looks exactly like my sim (a female). Same hair and eye colors and all. But I've just only gotten one. Mostly money and a few costumes or books.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 1:44 PM Last edited by Chronicle : 10th Jun 2010 at 2:08 PM. Reason: It's ctrl-click.
By the way, to everyone complaining about the time limit between Time Traveling -- if you're not opposed to cheating, ah... I forget how to do it exactly, but basically, with Testingcheatsenabled on, you need to either right-click or ctrl-click on the Time Travel moodlet. It'll vanish, and you can time travel again right away.
EDIT: It's ctrl-click. Easy!
Same with any other event that gives a moodlet, like say exploring the catacombs or going on vacation.

Now then, since I'm just waiting around for a package to arrive anyway -- time to create a throwaway family, grab a SimBot, and send him endlessly through time! Muahahaha.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:07 PM
Now then, since I'm just waiting around for a package to arrive anyway --

Oh you just reminded me, I have two packages to collect from the post office tomorrow... I hope at least one of them is my child from the future
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
Oh you just reminded me, I have two packages to collect from the post office tomorrow... I hope at least one of them is my child from the future

Those come in packages now? Amazing what the post office will handle these days.
(My soon-to-be-arriving package is a new laptop. I'm understandably impatient. COME, YOU STUPID UPS MAN, COME AND DELIVER BEFORE I EXPLODE.)

EDIT: Oh, neat. My SimBot (Michael Anderoyt) just got the "Divine Meal" moodlet while time-traveling. Considering that SimBots can't normally eat Ambrosia (can they?) I think I just discovered the only way for them to get that moodlet.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:11 PM
Those come in packages now? Amazing what the post office will handle these days.
(My soon-to-be-arriving package is a new laptop. I'm understandably impatient. COME, YOU STUPID UPS MAN, COME AND DELIVER BEFORE I EXPLODE.)

EDIT: Oh, neat. My SimBot (Michael Anderoyt) just got the "Divine Meal" moodlet while time-traveling. Considering that SimBots can't normally eat Ambrosia (can they?) I think I just discovered the only way for them to get that moodlet.

i dunno, whenever i make my simbot cook dinner for the family he'll sit down and start eating it too.. then i'll stop him. not sure what will happen if i let him keep eating it.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:36 AM
For me it was kind of funny, because I wanted my sims to have a child but I just had to get around to doing it (through adoption, since it's a same sex couple), and then suddenly, there it is, a child! Perfect timing.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 2:54 PM
Hmm. So far no luck in triggering the Paradox Child event with my SimBot. I have noticed though that occasionally, he'll sit in the Time Machine for inordinately long periods of time... once I left him in there for a good 24 in-game hours, and nothing at all happened to him during that time. o_O (Thank goodness for Testingcheatsenabled, since without it he probably would have gone into the red motives-wise.) Eventually I'll get bored enough to cancel the "Time Travel" action, which shoves him out of the Time Machine, and then when I throw him back in again stuff starts happening as usual, but it's still kind of curious.
I'm hoping that wasn't the game trying to initiate the event and being unable to. Hm. :/
I'll try again later today, anyway. It really is insanely boring watching your SimBot go into the time machine over and over for hours, getting the same handful of results every time. D;
Field Researcher
#71 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 10:31 PM
i made my simbot go in and out without any breaks for about 3 sim days with no avail (i would cancel the time travel moodlet so he could go back in). i gave up. i needed him to cook food and clean up after people again. =P i'm guessing it's not possible. i'll keep trying every now and then though
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:25 AM
How are you guys getting this event? I had my Sim time traveling and no kid yet. Is there a secret to this?
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 1:03 AM
I think it's random. My female sim came back from the past with a boy child which looks a lot like her, but isn't identical (different eye and hair colour at least). In the family tree the boy has just one parent (the sim who brought him with her). The female sims' husband is marked as his stepdad. This also fulfilled the "have a child" wish for the female.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by erinmblair
How are you guys getting this event? I had my Sim time traveling and no kid yet. Is there a secret to this?

I got my sims to try for baby in the future, then the next time she time traveled she came out with a daughter. But I then tried it again and got nothing.
Test Subject
#75 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM Last edited by lugubrutin : 12th Jun 2010 at 7:54 PM.
Three children came back from the time machine, an old man from the future named Allen, a young adult from the past named Johnny and a teenager from the past named Giuseppe. Some sims came back with a rubber duck - Ducksworth of Bathington, an Inferno birthday cake, a mood candle, books - To Hunt or to Gather; War and More War; Remembering the Internet:How the World was changed and Lady Veronica Farfleton and the Magical Harpsichord , a sculpture - Thoggus, Dark Emperor of the Seas (http://i49.tinypic.com/33dy1eg.jpg; http://i49.tinypic.com/33dy1eg.jpg; http://i47.tinypic.com/maxqn5.jpg; http://i45.tinypic.com/f054qg.jpg) and an artsy easel.
Page 3 of 6