Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CBANNED: Where's your mouth at?

by scarletwings Posted 9th Jun 2010 at 8:33 PM

38 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:05 PM
Wow! The face shape is waaaay nice than EA's! However, your sims eye's are also way too tiny for me to want on any of my townies. The face shape is very nice though.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Banned
#3 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:07 PM
looks great for my African sims! Thank you.
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
The doll faces aren't very appealing to me either. I love this one. I already have a default replacement, but I think I'm gonna use yours instead. Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Wow! The face shape is waaaay nice than EA's! However, your sims eye's are also way too tiny for me to want on any of my townies. The face shape is very nice though.

Thanks, WWW. I did realise that the eyes might be a problem for some players, as it seems like big-eyed dollies abound in Simland, but I wanted to retain a good variety of faces in my game (just like a variety of genetics exist IRL). And these do look sooo beautiful in-game
Not actually evil.
#6 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:04 PM
This is a lovely, very human looking default replacement, thank you. My African-American sims thank you. My sims of the world thank you. Any sim with a wide, flat nose and big, kissable mouth thanks you! For those who like their sims straight out of anime, to each his own, but I want my sims more realistic.

Great that you included links too. It's good to help others learn how to do stuff!

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:22 PM
Way better than the Maxis faces. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 11:48 PM
I personally don't find these faced ideal (I'm a big eyed lover) but I definitely see the worth of these kinds of faces. Most of my sim families with multiple children, and many generations end up looking so alike I have trouble telling them apart in game. I already have a set I love in place, but I did consider downloading this for the variety it would put into my game.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:03 AM
OH MAH GAWD HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE MAH CBAN FACE! XD Ahaha, I kid. I really like this! Awesome job. XD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
This is a lovely, very human looking default replacement, thank you. My African-American sims thank you. My sims of the world thank you. Any sim with a wide, flat nose and big, kissable mouth thanks you!

Good to hear someone else is going dizzy over 'em! I couldn't bear not having some big, lovely mouths in my game
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katuchan
OH MAH GAWD HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE MAH CBAN FACE! XD Ahaha, I kid. I really like this! Awesome job. XD

Haha! You made me snort my tea. Glad you like my CBAN, Katuchan, and thank you for all your wonderful faces!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM
I'm not too crazy on the eyes (think it's kinda "fugly," lol), but I can definitely appreciate the want of variety and representation of a look often ignored. Good on ya!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:26 AM
I always 'personalize' them the way I want them - make eyes bigger, noses smaller... but this is a MUCH better starting place than the Maxis one. I really hated those cheek/jowels. Yuck! This one is very nice. Thank you for sharing.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Instructor
#14 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:04 AM
This isn't that bad at all! I adore the nose mouth and jaw and cheeks... no, everything looks okay except maybe the eyes (imo). It's not because they're small, but because they look just an inch too far apart from each other. But otherwise, great job =)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:30 AM
I love these! Your sims look so much nicer and more realistic than the EA ones. It will be nice to have a good variety of faces in my neighbourhood! Thanks!

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:06 AM
Not bad but the lips and nose are really too big in my taste.
Instructor
#17 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:29 PM
This is a nice default, but just one thing is nagging me...does everyone think that all black people have wide noses and big lips? I'm only asking because we have a wide variety of facial features due to having a variation in genetic background.

Sure. Fine. Whatever.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM
thanks so much for this! It will be unpopular, tho since SO many people are more focused on totally calling any ethnic diversity "fugly" and seek the make EVERYONE in their games look way more eurocentric than Maxis intended. Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Odessa
Not bad but the lips and nose are really too big in my taste.

see? Everywhere I look most simmers are unwittingly creating an offensive world narrative with how they make all their sims look more and more . .."un-ethnic" I guess you'd call it. And call anything ethic "fugly". That's why I don't hag around the sims community too much. Too. ..messed up like that.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 7:47 PM
This is a great default.
Um... I am a white, anglosaxon, American - and I have vast cultural differences in my game: Japanese, Chinese, African, Jamaican, South African, Hispanic, Aborigines and Eskimos - just to name a few. People are people are people... blood, bones, sinew, muscles, etc. I like playing my Sims as 'real' as possible. All my Simmies are beautiful (even the 'fugly' ones! LOL!)

But, remember, this is a GAME. Some players choose to play strictly fantasy, or anime - it's their choice. Some players prefer big eyes to small eyes. So?

Let's not be so into ethnicity that we turn racist, please? That is not what this forum is about (and I apologize to the Mods for stepping in here, I don't know what got ahold of me :!

This is a very good creation/solution. Thank you ScarletWings for sharing it. My townies appreciate the 'lift' too!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM Last edited by scarletwings : 11th Jun 2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: conjugating the verb!
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
I always 'personalize' them the way I want them - make eyes bigger, noses smaller... but this is a MUCH better starting place than the Maxis one.

Absolutely, and that's all I was after, really - different-looking people wandering about my neighbourhoods and a better base when I want it in CAS.

Anyone worried about the eyes should consider that you can always reload a lot when a baby is born (if you save while he/she's in labour) until you get the eye shape you want for your wee bairn. Plus, the most distinctive features will probably be eroded by generations of breeding (more's the pity, I say! ).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by preemptive_doodle
This is a nice default, but just one thing is nagging me...does everyone think that all black people have wide noses and big lips? I'm only asking because we have a wide variety of facial features due to having a variation in genetic background.

I certainly don't and I hope there's nothing in my post that suggests it. All this default is about is a different shape for CBAN, as I thought the EA version was shoddily sculpted.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 10:02 PM
Yes, it is a game and some people want X-looking people, others want Y and still others Z. I, however, want the full alphabet of looks in my game as that's what my family tree looks like and it's also what I see out of my window. But that's only how I want to play my game and I would never expect everyone else to play the same way or to share my particular quirks and loves.

Thanks for the thanks, everyone, but let's move away from the discussion of exclusionism or racism, eh? Aside from anything else, this is a default face mesh for a pixel dolly and thus has nothing to do with ethnicity or skin colour or anything else but shape. I just like these faces and that's it: no subtext or insinuation was packaged in my .zip.
Instructor
#23 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 8:36 PM
Now this is how it's done. Looks great. I will install it right away.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarletwings
Anyone worried about the eyes should consider that you can always reload a lot when a baby is born (if you save while he/she's in labour) until you get the eye shape you want for your wee bairn.

Umm... what? All babies in the sims2 look the same and you only get an idea of what the sim is gonna look like when they turn toddlers. And even then, they change a lot by the time they are adults. So there's no way of knowing what the sim is gonna look like and what their eye shape is gonna be by just looking at the baby.
My sims only breed with custom sims anyway, so what my townies look like doesn't really matter much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 6akalaka1
Umm... what? All babies in the sims2 look the same and you only get an idea of what the sim is gonna look like when they turn toddlers. And even then, they change a lot by the time they are adults. So there's no way of knowing what the sim is gonna look like and what their eye shape is gonna be by just looking at the baby.

Is that true? Weird. Maybe it's only the alien babies that are different, but I'm sure you can see the difference in their eye shape and can reload if they have super-huge eyeballs and/or no nose. Is it just the alien ones that display genetic features as a baby (or have I gone mad and just imagined all this?).
Page 1 of 2