Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Autonomous Computer Games (Showtime1.33 Patch)

by Jasumi Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 12:54 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2012 at 6:55 AM by Jasumi

57 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:17 AM
Ahhh! Thank you so much! I have this one family that I've been playing and I don't know what it is about those computer games, but one of the three adults is ALWAYS playing!

I see you think it's as annoying as me to look away after cancelling them from playing a computer game just to look back and see ... THEM PLAYING A COMPUTER GAME.

Geez, darns sims are worse than us!

Thanx so much! <3
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:21 AM
Wooooo! I love you SOOO much!
Although I don't mind them playing computer games. I'd kinda like a mod which removed the sound of the computer games. Either way.
Great job!!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 1:22 AM
This mod is ironic in a metatextual way (addicted gamers telling their characters in the game not to play computer games) but very useful. I hate this interaction almost as much as the tantrum they throw when someone is in their path. Many thanks for writing this mod!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
Thank you so much for this! Hearing that obnoxious music always grated on my nerves. You could even hear it on a different floor!
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:01 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to update this one. That computer is sooooooooooo friggin annoying. I don't mind them playing the games so much, I just can't stand the blaring sound.
Test Subject
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:54 PM
Finally!!!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
Thank you! My sims stupid game playing was getting annoying. lol
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:16 PM
Thanks. Going to give this a shot. Real bugger in the game. I like your screen name btw! One of my current spares is called Asumi
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:59 PM
Thanks =) and I like your sims hair where is it from =)
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by We are all trash
Thanks. Going to give this a shot. Real bugger in the game. I like your screen name btw! One of my current spares is called Asumi

Thanks, Jasumi is a Hawaiian name.

Quote: Originally posted by [email protected]
Thanks =) and I like your sims hair where is it from =)

I can't remember, but I think it's a conversion of a Rose hair.
Test Subject
#12 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM
Is it possible to make a version that has reduced autonomy?
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:33 AM
Doesn't this basically remove one of their choices for fun? I understand not wanting ones sims to play computer games in all their spare time but if you remove it from their choice, then will they autonomously (sp) look for some other form of fun, or will they simply become unhappy?

Yes, I do realize we can still command the sim to play a game if need be, I'm just wondering about those sims that we let loose on their own most of the time if not all of the time.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tansi
Is it possible to make a version that has reduced autonomy?

I could try to make the game less appealing in another mod, so that they put other activities before this one...

Quote: Originally posted by kuplo
Doesn't this basically remove one of their choices for fun? I understand not wanting ones sims to play computer games in all their spare time but if you remove it from their choice, then will they autonomously (sp) look for some other form of fun, or will they simply become unhappy?

Isn't that the point? To eliminate this particular free-will activity so that sims can pursue others which are less annoying. If I'm understanding you correctly (hopefully): they can still play foosball, throw hand-held balls, play Gnubb toss, paint, play chess (on the computer and on the table). In a nut shell, only the "play game" interaction on the Computer is disabled, everything else is fine.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:32 PM
Thank you, Jasumi
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 3:01 AM
Huzzah! Now maybe my Ghosts will drop their computer fetish and actually choose to haunt for once!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 4:54 PM
Thanks. Great job!
I really fed up with stopping my sims from automatically playing computer games all the time
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 1:33 PM
Thanks, Hey where did you get the hair in the photo???
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 3:57 AM
Thanks! i really hate my Sims when they play on the computer. I usually punish them in unspeakable ways(hehehe). Now I won't have to lol.
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 9:31 PM
Thanks for this mod.. the computer games wouldn't be so awful if the Sims weren't hellbent on playing them every second of the day. I like seeing variety in their autonomous actions.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 9:17 PM
Is this mod supposed to be compatible with the new patch? I recently noticed that my sims are playing computer games autonomously again.
Test Subject
#22 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:09 PM
Thank you for this, really tired of my Sims always trying to play games on the computer. Also considering their fun is at max too, lol. Been using it for about 5 hours now and have yet to see them play on their own, so I guess it's working, lol.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 9:08 PM
does this work with late night?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:33 AM
Thank god. I hated those computer games.

On another note, could you possibly tell me what that great lipstick your sim is wearing is? In fact, I really like the whole sim and uploading her would be great, too. I understand if you don't want to tell me / upload her, though. ;D

Thank you for this mod!
Scholar
#25 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:23 PM
Does this need updating for Late Night?
Page 1 of 3