Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 4:57 PM
Default Twinbrook - Village of the hideous?
So guys here is the million dollar question. Is it just me or are the citizens of Twinbrook people who have been seriously beaten with the ugly stick?
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:32 AM
Well it's not definitely not Sunset Valley 90210!

On the other hand, there is plenty to keep the stylists busy!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:36 AM
Dojan agrees. I think EA created Twinbrook full of ugly people so you'd get the Stylist career and re-do them

Two of the few sims I've liked the default look of is Eva Drudge and DeAndre Wolf. Sadly the latter has now passed away and the former is really old, she should die soonish.

These guys look hideous.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:08 AM
I agree - every house my stylist went to gave both of us a fright! I couldn't get over the unusual amount of uglies that even a makeover couldn't help. Do you remember the machine in TS2 [forgotten what it's called] that had the ability to take you back to CAS and you could reconstruct the face. Shame the stylist or even doctor doesn't have one to do a little or maybe a lot of 'plastic surgery'. Not that everyone in Twinbrook has to be beautiful just a little more proportioned - those weird eyes! I think EA was really messing with us.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:24 AM
I've been going through the houses and making over all the sims and editing their faces in CAS so they will be a little less ugly. Some of them aren't too bad, they just wear hideous clothes, like Amy Bull. I thought she looked ok once I gave her a new wardrobe, hairstyle & makeup and removed all those tattoos. Marc Brandt isn't too bad, either. So far, though, I've only done about half of the town.
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:26 AM
and I thought I was the only one that noticed the massive amount of ugly people running around Twinbrook

Not that I’m crazy or anything, I just want some proof that death isn’t the end. Even if crazed zombies grabbed me in some dark hall one night, even if they tore me apart, at least that wouldn’t be the absolute end. There would be some comfort in that.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:56 AM
Not only am I 'ugly' but I must be dumb too - ShortyBoo how do you edit the faces in CAS once they already exist? I know you do the wardrobe, makeup hair etc but the actual face and can you change the skintone?
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:55 AM
Twallan's Supercomputer mod, or alternatively Awesomemod, though I believe the latter is still not Ambitions-compatible.
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:01 AM
if you lived around a swamp you'd be ugly too :P
Eminence Grise
#10 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:09 AM
... huh?
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:14 AM
with all the gasses and smells coming out of them who knows what it's causing. that's how swamp thing was made
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
with all the gasses and smells coming out of them who knows what it's causing. that's how swamp thing was made

Nahh, it's based on the South, remember? Must be all that inbreeding. :P

*Hides from the mob with torches and pitchforks*

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 11:32 AM
Twinbrook does have its' share of ah, unattractive sims. I've started calling it the Village of the Damned.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikandi
Twallan's Supercomputer mod, or alternatively Awesomemod, though I believe the latter is still not Ambitions-compatible.

Thank you Srikandi! I downloaded Twallan's Supercomputer - what an incredible mod. I'm now more lethal than any Twinbrook stylist. Now I'm on a mission - changing each and everything that moves!
Inventor
#15 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 3:41 PM
Yeah I've seen some fuglies in Twinbrook but I've also seen some decent and even cute sims lol

I gave a makeover to this sim named Blaise Kindle (only saw her the one time so not sure if the spelling is right) now i'd like to find her and play her a bit anyone know whereabouts she lives? Has kinda strawberry blonde hair.

Amy Bull looks loads better after you change her hair and clothing. She looked like a tacky fabric factory threw up all over her at first.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Yeah I've seen some fuglies in Twinbrook but I've also seen some decent and even cute sims lol

I gave a makeover to this sim named Blaise Kindle (only saw her the one time so not sure if the spelling is right) now i'd like to find her and play her a bit anyone know whereabouts she lives? Has kinda strawberry blonde hair.

Amy Bull looks loads better after you change her hair and clothing. She looked like a tacky fabric factory threw up all over her at first.

The Twinbrook townies and NPCs are my favorites for any of the EA town populations yet. Yes, there's some fugly there, but I don't really want my Sims living in some sort of Hollywoodized small town anyways.

IIRC, Blaise Kindle lives on the slightly curved road up north of the town center. I believe there are four lots with houses north of the road and two empty lots south of it. She lives with Alma Diller/Driller? in the westernmost house. She has the slob trait though, and seems to be overly fond of burping and farting at inappropriate moments (which hasn't kept my current Sim from developing a crush on her).

I really like Amy Bull's style (cute name, too). She's also tattooed out the wazoo and is about as garishly colored out of her clothes as she is in them.

There are some really funny names in Twinbrook. My Sim's papergirl is named Dee Liver. :p

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Banned
#17 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by goyahaslegs
I agree - every house my stylist went to gave both of us a fright! I couldn't get over the unusual amount of uglies that even a makeover couldn't help.

Well, here's the challenge for any stylist sim: make the Bayless clan look halfway decent!

I just wish we had a "Cousin It" hairstyle. That might be the only way to fix the Baylesses. I generally try to find a hairstyle to cover the dumbo ears, and plenty of facial hair -- too bad you can't put facial hair on the Bayless women, but I'm sure if you looked, you would find a mustache!

Also, we now have a good starting point for the "Fix the Ugly Gene" challenge. Just pick a member of the Bayless clan (or any of the other fuglies), and see if you can breed the ugliness out of them!
Inventor
#18 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 4:10 PM
haha that's funny.
And thanks I'll be sure to look for her this evening.

One of the repairmen I hired had the last name of Plumber.
I've noticed some other funny names but can't recall what they are right now.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
haha that's funny.
And thanks I'll be sure to look for her this evening.

One of the repairmen I hired had the last name of Plumber.
I've noticed some other funny names but can't recall what they are right now.

I have a mailman called Mark Stamp.
Inventor
#20 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:30 PM
*giggles* love it.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:36 PM
I've been playing with the Bayless family and I went in and changed their hair and clothing. I couldn't stand the all-camoflauge clothing coupled with the furniture. It hurt my eyes and probably my IQ.

Sadly, I didn't even know Chase was a GIRL until I went in to change her clothes and realised that it was dresses and girly shirts it brought up and not boy clothes. So now she at least has a girl haircut and a tacky, "poor-folk" dress and geeky glasses.

I think, the boy (I forgot his name) is the only one I left relatively untouched as he's kind of cute in an Opie sort of way!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:28 PM
I've seen a lot of ugly sims in Twinbrook but some attractive ones as well. The Greenwood family, for instance, is pretty good-looking for a group of EA sims.

Some of the ones that look completely hideous are pretty cute after some minor altercations in Create-A-Sim. But others take a ton of work to even get to the point where I can tolerate looking at them. And for some, their ugliness is just part of their charm ^^
Inventor
#23 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:31 PM
Definitely a mixture. lol

Inventor
#24 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 7:33 PM
I created a female sim for a legacy and went around the families to find her a good nice piece of man, but there seemed to be a lack of good looking, single, nice men. Then I realised that the reason for that is there seemed to have been an explosion in the Ugly factory and everyone had been contaminated, or the pretty gene had died out long ago.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:23 PM
I secretly sit and wait for a random immigration of better looking families.

Though I did marry one of my sims to one of the Hi Tech friends.
Page 1 of 4