Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
#26 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:47 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 3rd Aug 2010 at 1:29 AM.
No, i failed....at that attempt.
But i got it working and its drop dead simple as you dont need milkshape at all!!
1/ export your favorite top as WSO file for all 3 lods(high detail/medium detail and low detail)
2/export you favorite bottom as WSO file for all 3 lods(high detail/medium detail and low detail)

You need to start with a fullbodyoutfit that has 2 groups for every lod(detail) and there is just one, the afbodydresstight_halter wich you find at the formals(red short skirted)
3/ Clone the afbodydresstight_halter
4/ load the Highdetail top and bottom mesh in the highdetail meshtab, the top as group 0 and the bottom as group 1
5/ do the same for the Medium detail and the low detail
6/Fix the textures and normalmap and your done

Edit,
Oh, i H8 the long waiting time when the downloadmanager installs the sims3pack so i converted it with Delphy's multipack installer and put the package straight in my packages folder.
Here is the outfit for those who want it.

Edit,
There is a downside when you want to make fullbodymeshes from seperate tops and bottoms....
The textures and patterns wont match because tops and bottoms are often uvmapped diffrent.
The top is in many cases scaled bigger then the bottom and to fix that you need to edit the uvmap from either the top or bottom...
suks
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bloom_Fullbodytest.rar (634.3 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:52 AM
Off topic:
Base, Nors and Cocomama:

Do you have AwesomeMode or Super Computer to edit in Cas?

Before Ambitions, I had Awesome (I don't like it too much), so, when I'd put all my cc in correct working, I lost the Awesome. Then, I tried the Super Computer but, when I put 2 or 3 sliders in Mods/Packages, I lost the jaw basic sliders (it happened times ago and Twallan said me that it couldn't happen because the Super Computer is not a core mode.)

What kind of mod are you using with Ambitions?
Sockpuppet
#28 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:57 AM
I dont use those 2 mods, only the unisex breastslidermod(wich is Delphy's but for males, read transgender too) and Jonha's bodysliders.
Also have 5 sliders installed that i made myself
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:18 AM Last edited by monca533 : 28th Jun 2010 at 1:32 AM.
Base:
I tried this but (I don't know if I chose the wrong skirt) it shows this error when I'm importing the groups:
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Base1980
I dont use those 2 mods, only the unisex breastslidermod(wich is Delphy's but for males, read transgender too) and Jonha's bodysliders.
Also have 5 sliders installed that i made myself

So, what do you do to bring your sims to edit in CAS faster?
Sockpuppet
#31 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:12 AM
I used the afTopBra_bikiniTie and the afBottomSkirtLong
Some tops are corrupt, i know....

And i just boot the game and wait till i can create a sim....
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:20 AM
Thank you Base, tomorrow I'll try this mesh. :lovestruc
Sockpuppet
#33 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:12 AM
I am almost 100% sure wat is causing the errors on the morphs when trying to reimport them back into TSRW.
They linked the adult meshes to the wrong morphs, well.. the other way arround i must say.
Some Teen and elder lod1 meshes are listed under adult while the teen and elder morphs for it are listed under teen and elder.
They prolly took the wrong Lod1(a teen or elder) and have set it to adult base mesh.
I reported it to TSRW
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:09 AM
Morning/Launch (Well, 11:10 am here in Sweden)
Oh first some answers:

If you export your project in TSRWS to a .package (read my mini tutorial how here: Save as .package
you can open it up in CTU.

No I don't have any of thus mods in my game.

So basically:
-The UV-map won't match correct (textures goes wonky)
-A bug in TSRWS mess up the morphs, to say it short?

I'll try this now and see if I'll succeed.

Tumblr: Springbunnysims
Sockpuppet
#35 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 10:18 AM
Strange, i cant open my exported packages from TSRW in CTU, gives me errors on the format used.
You do have the latest TSRW?
I would NOT extract them as package within TSRW tho, it gives you a huge uncompressed file
you better use Delphy's multipacker so the files stay compressed.

I have not checked all the tops, there might be a few that fit other bottoms.

The bug will give errors when trying to import the base group(and its morphs)
You just have to use a diffrent top then because not all are linked incorrect.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:15 AM
Noticed that. Anyhow I think the multi / base texture is corrupt.

In TSRWS:
I get the parameter-wrong message when I try to replace the multiplier. I've tested with plenty of textures and they work fine like overlays or masks or anything else. So it isn't the textures.

In CTU:
I replace the base texture / multi with another texture. Nothing is showing up on the model, just the skin. When I click find on the new base texture I get this wrong message: "Could not find an image with key:*randomNumbersAndLetters*". What ever I try to import in the base texture / multi's place I get this. The textures I try with work just fine in other places like overlays.

The .zip archive includes the .wrk file and the .package file so if you want, to try them in TSRWS / CTU.

Corrupt stuffs?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gown.zip (547.5 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content

Sockpuppet
#37 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:51 AM Last edited by Base1980 : 28th Jun 2010 at 12:14 PM.
I just opened(imported) the simspack you included(not the wrk file) and i have no problems replacing the multiplier(base) texture.
I also had that error once but for the love of god i cant remember wat exactly wat it was that caused it.
It had something to do with the DDS file itself, that i know
Upload the DDS texture that you want to load into the package so that i can have a look.

got it,
Tried to load a few of my earlier textures and i have the error again.
The error i got was because i forgot to save the DDS file with mipmaps.

I dont think CTU will check if the multiplier has mipmaps or not, but TSRW does

You need to save your multiplier/base texture as DXT5 with interpolated alpha with mipmaps.

The specular is DXT1 without alpha but with mipmaps, same for your mask texture.

Your overlay also is DXT5 with interpolated alpha and mipmaps

Your partmask is DXT1 with alpha and ofcourse....mipmaps

You do need to build them with mipmaps(goes automaticly when you tick the box on export) as you otherwise are going to use high resolution textures on far distance ingame wich slows down your game!

Note,
Accesoires use difrent settings!!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:45 PM
I don't know if I've get this on the wrong side but..
With Mip Maps? I thought I've always been told to "Don't generate Mip maps". Which setting should I tick when I export the image? (PhotoShop). Or is it when I open the image?

EDIT: I have never had that wrong message before.. So I guess I've accidentally ticked something wrong.
Screenshots

Scholar
Original Poster
#39 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 12:58 PM
Morning all! (8:45 here in Brazil)

I have to go to job and only will test the project at this night. Then I'll post the result for you to see.
Sockpuppet
#40 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nors
I don't know if I've get this on the wrong side but..
With Mip Maps? I thought I've always been told to "Don't generate Mip maps". Which setting should I tick when I export the image? (PhotoShop). Or is it when I open the image?

EDIT: I have never had that wrong message before.. So I guess I've accidentally ticked something wrong.

Tick the box generate mipmaps instead of no mipmaps. CTU doesn't check your mipmaps, tsrw does, that why you never had that error.
Have a great workday Monca
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:36 PM
Now it works. Half way. It works in TSRWS but I get the same error in CTU :o Haha, I always get in to a big mess.

Yeah, have a nice workday, Monca! Don't forget to watch Brazil playing in the world cup! Viva Brazil! (It's probably pretty late / early morning for you then but)

Sockpuppet
#42 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:07 PM
the format error in CTU is normal i think, i cant open any package in CTU made with TSRW
well, i can i but i can not view the textures without clicking the errors away
The reason are the patterns, the format is diffrent then the ones in CTU
Banned
#43 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:27 PM Last edited by tjstreak : 28th Jun 2010 at 6:13 PM.
I ran into the same spikey hands problem with a project I was making: body paints. I followed the same procedure outlined by Base 1980 in that I extracted the meshese for the nude tops and bottoms, regrouped them in Milkshape then re-imported them into TSRW as a full body mesh. I got the spikey hands.

I tried again, this time I took one of the full body swimsuits, exlorted the full body mesh, and moved the vertices around using the previously exported top and bottom nude meshes as templates. In effect, I took the full body swimsuit mesh and turned it into a full body nude mesh (there is more definition in the buttocks and breast than with a regular swimsuit. Reimported the modified full body mesh back into TSRW. Same spikey hands. (The advantage of using the full body mesh is that it had a preggo morph, whereas the nude tops and bottoms did not.)

I concluded that the problem was with Workshop and backburnered the project. I am assuming my assumption is correct: that Workshop in its current incarnation is borked.

Other frankenmeshes have been more successful, such as a crop top (nude top plus t-shirt tiop) and flirt skirts (nude bottom plus a skirt botton). I have also made a pair of male chaps (nude bottom + pants), which have not been uploaded anywhere.

It seems like the luck of the draw which meshes work better. However, it seems that half body meshes have fewer problem than full body meshes. But not even that is foolproof. I have had some top meshes that I export and immediately re-import with no changes, get an error about the number of vertices not matching.

TSR's answer at the moment seems to be that we are using a defective mesh. However, these are the meshes which came with their tool.
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#44 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 6:55 PM Last edited by Base1980 : 28th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM.
The problem you explaining is not caused by TSRW, its because you mixed up the skeletons.
Use the exact procedure in the top post of this page and you will succeed.
While Wes his importer/exporter does not import the skeleton(it is linked in the GEOM to the skeleton located in your own gamefiles) the WSO importer imports the skeleton that belongs to the outfit and imports it back into the package.
And there things go wrong, you just cant combine the tops and bottoms as one mesh as both prolly contain data to its own skeleton.

However, there are outfits that support 2 skeletons and just one supports it for lod1/lod2 and lod3, the afbodydresstight_halter
Use that outfit to build your fullbody package.
Simply export the bottoms and tops you want and import them back in the afbodydresstight_halter.
No need to go into Milkshape with them, just export them and reimport them back in the afbodydresstight_halter.
It cant be any simpler.
Inventor
#45 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 7:35 PM
To find out if it was indeed a defective mesh, I tryed to combine the same top and bottom meshes using CTU and Wes his GEOM plugins.
I only did the same regrouping as with the TSRW version, not adding or deleting any faces. Changed the comments to the fullbody and got errors when I wanted to renumber and when trying to export the fat without renumbering.
Maybe there is something wrong with those meshes. Maybe I did something wrong (probably, Wes always builds safety warnings in his tools for us).
I do not have time now to check the other meshes, maybe later this evening.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:11 PM
Success! It looks fine. No gaps or funky fingers. The lightnings is really funky probably because I messed a lot with the diffuse, specular and normal map... No I'll test to modify some mesh more deeply...

Sockpuppet
#47 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:24 PM
This is with every mesh you try, you cant combine them.
I tried like 30times with both GEOMs and the WSO files.
If you want to combine them you need to make new morphs for it.
The fullbody meshes i already released with CTU and Wes his tools are based on fullbodyoutfits with 2 groups, one group for the bottom and one for the top.
Its the only way you can make it work.

And Wes has the error message build in his exporter while TSRW allows you to export but shows you the error ingame...

So i might be wrong saying its the skeleton, its prolly the data in the meshes themselves.
You cant even combine parts from diffrent tops and make a new top out of it.
You either have to make new morphs for it or you use the fullbodyoutfit with 2 groups for each lod and load the seperate parts in those.
I should have known from the start as i build all my custom tops with fullbodyoutfits with 2 groups set as toponly.
But when the WSO exporter allowed the export of the combined morphs i thought it was possible.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 8:52 PM
So the resolution is...? Going the long way with CTU, then Postal and all that to create the custom Bodymesh package? Or? :S

Sockpuppet
#49 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:05 PM
No, its like i explained in post 26
You can combine 2 diffrent meshes(and all the morphs) as long as you keep them seperate from eachother by loading them in a fullbody oufit that has 2 groups.
It works for both CTU and TSRW and i recommend TSRW as it works 10 times faster

TSRW does need a update tho on some Teen or elder meshes that appear in the adult section(and are linked to the wrong morphs)
Banned
#50 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:22 AM
....However, there are outfits that support 2 skeletons and just one supports it for lod1/lod2 and lod3, the afbodydresstight_halter
Use that outfit to build your fullbody package.
Simply export the bottoms and tops you want and import them back in the afbodydresstight_halter.
No need to go into Milkshape with them, just export them and reimport them back in the afbodydresstight_halter.
It cant be any simpler.

Thanks. That fixed that problem. Now I just have to work on the textures (something I am not good at all at doing!) I still don't understand why I had the same problem with spikey hands when I used the af body swimsuit plunge, and simply pushed some vertices around. (It is also possible that I simply got the outfits mixed up. It sometimes is just guesswork to see what you are dealing with in CAS. I am not particularly meticulous in keeping track of files, even my own.) I might experiment with that some more.

You cant even combine parts from diffrent tops and make a new top out of it.

I have not had problems with this -- yet. I have done several projects on half bodies. My new crop tops (the UV map is still off -- sometmes a shoe texture shows up on the neck), the flirt skirt, and the chaps (UV map needs to be redone and texture file worked on). Though they still have problems, the spikey hands is not one of them.

Still, it seems a lot like playing Russian roulette, and I suspect using a two part mesh as you suggest is the easiest way around the problem.

By the way, are there any of the two part body meshes for males?
Screenshots
Page 2 of 3