Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:02 PM
Default Why is twinbrook quarantined?
I just noticed this today, but every road in and out of twinbrook is barred, it seems a bit strange to me. What's going on? Deadly swamp gas?
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 1:04 PM
Perhaps it relates to the green deceased sims. Perhaps it is ripe for a zombie plague.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:04 PM
I think they really went overboard with Twinbrook. Not only is probably half of the entire sims players going to cheat and see all the desceased sims (which are green for some reason), and see what they did, but went all out on hundreds of new world objects. Like you mentioned, all the roads leading out are barred, and many new little easter eggs. EA really did a great job on this. And being on topic, I think they're barred for the same reason kiwi mentioned. Zombies O__________o

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:15 PM
cos the whole town is inbred and needs to be contained
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
cos the whole town is inbred and needs to be contained

Just snorted my morning cuppa laughing...
Retired
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Austin0331
but went all out on hundreds of new world objects.

As a world maker, I feel compelled to correct this. There are definitely not hundreds of new world objects. I'd estimate the number of new CAW objects stops well short of 50. If only they'd fix CAW!!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#7 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:36 PM
I really miss the picture-album feature from TS2 at this point. They could have included some hints around this mystery there.
Or if the sims still had memories - we could resurrect the weird green ghosts and see what they can remember of a possible "incident" that happened in the history of Twinbrook.
I'm still not sure why they omitted those beloved features.
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 3:55 PM
yeah i totally agree with you, i always wondered why take out really great features of the game.

in topic, i think its something like in the movie "The Crazies" the townies might all of a sudden start killing all the citizens,

or it might be something like the hills have eyes, the townies and sims really look like them.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#9 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 5:27 PM
The number of create-a-crap objects added by Ambitions is not a positive number. It is not even zero. It is a NEGATIVE number, because they took AWAY Create-A-Crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#10 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 7:07 AM
Actually it's kind of a sad reminder of what's really going on down in the regions affected by the horrendous oil disaster down in the Gulf. I've seen some first-hand accounts in videos of what conditions are like in the marshes down there and how bad life has become for the people affected by it. So much is being hushed up and according to the very outspoken wife of one of the fishermen whose livelihood has been destroyed, people are actually terrified to talk because now they are at the complete mercy of BP for their income as it is the ONLY employer left for suddenly unemployed fishermen in those regions.

When I load up Twinbrook I'm struck afresh by how sickly colored the town is. It's got kind of a sick greenish-yellow tinge even far beyond the deep marshy areas. It's such a far cry from the deep vibrant greenery of Sunset Valley and River View. I think if they weren't going for some kind of disaster-based backstory, they could have colored the town a lot different, even taking into consideration the marsh. They could have gone more with "healthy" shades of ambers and browns and not a very pale hint of asparagus green over everything.

I just came back from a couple of days at the beach. I saw plenty of fug there. But it was all normal fug. Twinbrook Fug is an oddness unto itself. There is definitely a story there. Time to get the Investigator sims to find out what that story is!

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Actually it's kind of a sad reminder of what's really going on down in the regions affected by the horrendous oil disaster down in the Gulf. I've seen some first-hand accounts in videos of what conditions are like in the marshes down there and how bad life has become for the people affected by it. So much is being hushed up and according to the very outspoken wife of one of the fishermen whose livelihood has been destroyed, people are actually terrified to talk because now they are at the complete mercy of BP for their income as it is the ONLY employer left for suddenly unemployed fishermen in those regions.

When I load up Twinbrook I'm struck afresh by how sickly colored the town is. It's got kind of a sick greenish-yellow tinge even far beyond the deep marshy areas. It's such a far cry from the deep vibrant greenery of Sunset Valley and River View. I think if they weren't going for some kind of disaster-based backstory, they could have colored the town a lot different, even taking into consideration the marsh. They could have gone more with "healthy" shades of ambers and browns and not a very pale hint of asparagus green over everything.

I just came back from a couple of days at the beach. I saw plenty of fug there. But it was all normal fug. Twinbrook Fug is an oddness unto itself. There is definitely a story there. Time to get the Investigator sims to find out what that story is!

Maybe someone should do all the cases and compile the all the cases together then work something out?
Instructor
#12 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 12:28 PM
oh hell, lets just rummage on EA's mailboxes and trashcans to find information and blackmail them to tell us everything about twinbrook. XD
Instructor
#13 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Green Muffin
I really miss the picture-album feature from TS2 at this point. They could have included some hints around this mystery there.
Or if the sims still had memories - we could resurrect the weird green ghosts and see what they can remember of a possible "incident" that happened in the history of Twinbrook.
I'm still not sure why they omitted those beloved features.

They dumped genetics and memories for quicker load times.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alyria80
They dumped genetics and memories for quicker load times.

Yes, because making the game less fun and interesting was such a better choice. I miss collection folders too, by the way, managing content is really hard right now. Plus, it would be nice to have photo albums back. I do not choose to upload pics of my sims as my only way of viewing their puny little lives.

But I do love Twinbrook. I like the swamps. I love the mossy trees, I like the architecture, and if the puddings didn't all look like extras from "Deliverance" I would be content with it. LOL
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:47 PM
yeah, i just hate it how EA creates a very new game with every sim game they release. i wish they bring back all the interesting things. just drop the wishes if they like, it s@cks bigtime anyway.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#16 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FriendlyQuark
But I do love Twinbrook. I like the swamps. I love the mossy trees, I like the architecture, and if the puddings didn't all look like extras from "Deliverance" I would be content with it. LOL
I think that they're supposed to look like that. You could always destroyallhumans, if you were more awesome, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I think that they're supposed to look like that. You could always destroyallhumans, if you were more awesome, though.

I am and I do use that command for Twinbrook.
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aya_Alexa
yeah, i just hate it how EA creates a very new game with every sim game they release. i wish they bring back all the interesting things. just drop the wishes if they like, it s@cks bigtime anyway.

I second that.
Scholar
#19 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86

LOL. This probably says a lot about my taste, but I think Twinbrook is absolutely beautiful, especially at dusk out in the swamps. I'm amazed by the lighting and often just sit and watch the sky and water change colour. I think it makes the hood seem so alive (I do miss the beach from Sunset Valley though).

I hadn't even noticed that the roads were closed off until I saw this thread. Behold my amazing powers of observation!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:07 AM
I love the atmosphere of Twinbrook too. I'm sick of the happy greenery of Sunset Valley and Riverview! I've been waiting for a grungier, more industrial neighborhood for a while now

I also never noticed that the roads were closed off! On that note, has anyone else noticed the weird-colored water that runs off the dam in the swampy area? It looks like chemical waste. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Banned
#21 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:13 AM
Twinbrook reminds me a lot of The Valley, the neighborhood the Oblong family lives in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oblongs
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:58 AM
I dont play Twinbrook much, I havent noticed the roads being closed off, And i didnt know the ghosts were green.

Does that mean in the Cemetery at night the ghosts are green??
Scholar
#23 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
Twinbrook reminds me a lot of The Valley, the neighborhood the Oblong family lives in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oblongs

High five for making a reference to that awesome (yet prematurely canceled) show!

I definitely see some resemblance between the two from what I've seen of the neighbourhood.The closeness of the wealthy and their mansions with the lowerclass mutated swampfolk.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 4:45 AM
I thought Memories were awesome, personally. It really helped when I was trying to remember who married who!

Seriously, the town looks sick. The Sim-Earth in Twinbrook looks sick! Thats why I made my newest family green. They match the background. Those wallflowers!

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Instructor
#25 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:42 AM
I think Twinbrook is beautiful too. Especially the swamp area with the mist and the fireflies at dusk. I also like the grungier, industrial areas as well. They make it seem more real to me. I didn't notice the roads being blocked though. Great eye! XD
Page 1 of 4