Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:39 PM Last edited by Hraklis943 : 28th Jun 2010 at 2:03 PM.
Default The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff : The 2nd Stuff Pack Confirmed *With PICS*
Well i was sure about this one...
EA contacted SimProgramms with a newsletter and included 3 official pictures of the 2nd Stuff Pack for TS3..
As we can see it has to do with Cars and in general Nightlife...
That could be a sign of the new Expansion Pack?
I hope so...
What would you like to see in this Stuff Pack and in the next Expansion Pack?

Give your Sims the rides they’ve always dreamed of the lifestyles that go with them.

Enjoy four all new styles of fashions, furnishings, and vehicles: Racing, Intrigue, Rockabilly, and Classic Luxury.

Create the ultimate garage to house your Sim’s professional race car or hot rod.

Deck out your Sim’s house in luxurious accessories to match their sleek new, luxurious rides.

Amazon has listed it for a release of September the 7th.
Looks promising..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:49 PM
I wonder what that dolphine thing is, a jukebox, or a "protection" automat for the sims.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I wonder what that dolphine thing is, a jukebox, or a "protection" automat for the sims.

Yeah i also wondered what that thing was...
It reminds me of a Gas station ?
Something like that...

Check my tumblr:
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 1:55 PM
Its most likely a petrol pump... like you say, from a gas station.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:09 PM
...it's like EA is trying to save me money.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:15 PM Last edited by Hraklis943 : 29th Jun 2010 at 12:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
...it's like EA is trying to save me money.

What i noticed is that there is no specific theme any more...
I mean back in TS2 days i remember the stuff packs had a lot of items in them...
Now in TS3 at last with High End i was very dissapointed...
Just a few items...
I think that the Store has completely destroyed the Stuff Packs...
Its all about money as you say...

Check my tumblr:
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:38 PM
looks nice, but then again they are just promotional pics. i would be amazed if they made the garage door useful again and brought back the animation where the sims actually rides the car like in sims 2.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:48 PM
The cleavage on the dress in the 2nd picture looks lovely. Love the vintage car and gas pump.
Theorist
#9 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:53 PM
Liking those cars! The hair on the guy in the first picture looks perfect for making a Jacky Bryant sim! Hopefully there's a bit more to the stuff pack than just a few cars and outfits, it doesn't look like we're getting anniversary items with this one.
Instructor
#10 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:56 PM
yeah i like how they made it all 60's or something. i also like how sophisticated the clothes used in the 3rd pic.
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:10 PM
If they don't bring back the car leaving the house animation, it's pointless. Seriously, that SP looks ridiculous.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:13 PM
EAxis are probally just going to put a new garage door in the SP and everything else in the store.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:21 PM
This seems pretty cool but have they changed the car animations as well?

I mean what's the point of buying a car if you can't see your sims actually drive them..
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:36 PM
You technically CAN see your sims drive them. It's just that they 'teleport' in and out of the car... And cars are vaguely useful for getting to different lots faster, or just burning cash when your sims are overly wealthy and there's nada to spend on.
Alchemist
#15 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
The cleavage on the dress in the 2nd picture looks lovely. Love the vintage car and gas pump.

glad im not the only one who noticed that. >_>
i wonder if they come with the SP?

Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
If they don't bring back the car leaving the house animation, it's pointless. Seriously, that SP looks ridiculous.

esp given that we can get even better cars here on MTS3...free.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Instructor
#16 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:05 PM
The woman in the first pic reminds me of Katy Perry, with the hair and that style of top.

But anyway, don't think I'll be getting this one. MTS has infinitely better stuff for no charge
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:26 PM
That light blue car is gorgeous, this might actually be the first stuff pack I buy. great to be getting some old cars without having to fly to america and buying a dr pepper...
Forum Resident
#18 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:27 PM
This looks great! I love the suit the guy in the garage pic is wearing (the one with the scarf.) And that silver car looks "almost" like a rolls royce. I have to have it! And I love the gas pump, too. It'll go great in the next world I'm designing (CAW may even be working by then, too )

There's going to be a lot more stuff than what we're seeing in the pictures now, so just wait and see how this develops. I'm really looking forward to this one. It said there will be 4 different themes and it looks like they just show 2 of them in the pics. We still haven't seen the racing one, which I hope has nascar and formula racing cars.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Theorist
#19 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:34 PM
We need the vehicle animations back. Now.
Everything else comes after that.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#20 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:36 PM
Vehicle anims. should come in a patch, not an SP. Knowing EA we won't ever ger them.
Theorist
#21 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:38 PM
I like this SP (Or at least a lot more than HELS! Anything would be better than that!)

I'm okay with the car situation, remember in TS2 when you had to place those annoying driveway pieces? That placed a huge limitation on builders, it wouldn't work for TS3 because not every lot is on a road, it's nice to be able to place garages wherever

Hi I'm Paul!
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I like this SP (Or at least a lot more than HELS! Anything would be better than that!)

I'm okay with the car situation, remember in TS2 when you had to place those annoying driveway pieces? That placed a huge limitation on builders, it wouldn't work for TS3 because not every lot is on a road, it's nice to be able to place garages wherever

This is 2010. With all the advanced technology out the fact that this game has people teleporting in and out of cars is a disgrace. There has to be a way to work this out.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:10 PM Last edited by Rosewind : 28th Jun 2010 at 5:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chrizta0000
This is 2010. With all the advanced technology out the fact that this game has people teleporting in and out of cars is a disgrace. There has to be a way to work this out.

Honestly that's probably one of the major things I hate about Sims 3, with the advancement in the gaming industry you think they would have more animations in it but I feel that it lacks these compared to Sims 2 (Sims 2 had at least different styles of dancing influenced by skills, unless these came with NL). Sims 3 has 2 expansion packs already and yet they still haven't added any really new animations.

Anyway that was off topic. Those look good, seems nostalgia is the big thing in now days.
Instructor
#24 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 5:56 PM
well even if they say there will be 4 theme's or whatever don't get your hopes up yet this might be another shitty SP like HELS, it might be saved though if the car animation will be back. i wondered why no body petitioned for this to happen.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 6:08 PM
This SP seems like a waste of money =/ Unless it introduces something OMGAWESOME to the game, but something tells me that this isn't likely. We already have vehicles in the game and people who create awesome custom content. Though I agree, a TS2-esque animation for cars leaving the lot would be nice :P

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Page 1 of 12