Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:03 AM
You know I really want to make a 50s inspired world if CAW ever works again. Through the various games so far we've had some nice 50s stuff! This pack has a lot of stuff that you could use, HELS has a couple things and Ambitions has that great "50s Housewife" dress and the hair salon (Woot 50s salon!) I think it would be a fun project!

Gah I miss CaW!

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:15 AM
Maybe I'm strange, but I'd love it if sims just got in the car/on the motorcycle and warped to the road, I don't care nearly as much about them actually backing out.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:50 AM Last edited by SnowSong : 29th Jun 2010 at 5:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Momodoll
The woman in the first pic reminds me of Katy Perry, with the hair and that style of top.

Katy Perry. LOL. I must be older than you, because the woman reminded me of Bettie Page, a fetish model from the '50s. Bettie was photographed quite a lot wearing leopard print, and had that hair. I guess younger people would think "Katy Perry" instead of Bettie Page. I think Katy borrowed some style from Bettie. Now I feel old (although I didn't come into the world until the '70s).

Bettie:
Test Subject
#54 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:59 AM
Judging by the HELS pack, what you see in those pics is prolly just about all you get. I wasn't really happy that I bought it cause other than a few items, 2 hair styles and a couple changes of clothes for adults, it wasnt worth it. I'd be cautious of buying another one until I knew I wasn't going to end up spending approx. $1 per new sim item...

"You've only had Sims 3 for 6 hours and you're already cheating?" Yep.
Instructor
#55 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
Katy Perry. LOL. I must be older than you, because the woman reminded me of Bettie Page ...

I had the same thought. I have the same thought every time I see Katy Perry, actually.

I'm meh on this pack but I'm more budget conscious than I was in my Sims 2 heyday so stuff packs are less likely for me than just spending a few dollars at the Store.
Instructor
#56 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:23 AM
I thought I will disappointing with this stuff pack. The title has ugly name. But seeing the screenshots and tons of new cars! I will love this stuff pack, even better than Hi-end Loft Stuffs.

I dislike the hair style, people live in LCD TV era with those kind of hair style? I hope EA didn't forget to include some new TV, stereo and computer from 50-70 era.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:30 AM
shrugs... doesn't impress me

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Eminence Grise
#58 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
I hope EA didn't forget to include some new TV, stereo and computer from 50-70 era.

You mean a computer that fills up two or three rooms?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 8:52 AM
^ You forgot to mention, "And is less useful than your basic scientific calculator."
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:00 AM
I am sorry till they make a get into the car animation (I am not talking about backing out the driveway one I don't care about that the teleport alarm press button thing is fine for me) more cars is a waste of a stuff pack look all the new cars that have been upload and they are extremely good work to. And yeah this stuff pack doesn't look interesting to me either.

@Snowsong: Lol I am quiet young and she reminded me of Betty Page to, mind you I hate all that pop stuff that they try to make it look underground and vintage.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:15 AM
I agree that cars in the Sims 3 seem to have become less important than in the Sims 2 except for the purpose of them being a money sink and being extra eye-candy for our sims' houses. The stupid sims barely even use the cars and will typically prefer either the taxi service or the carpool and their nice fancy cars will collect dust on the driveways.

It seems that unless they add a patch that adds some large functionality changes to the vehicle system in TS3, making stuff packs focused on them is kind of pointless. I'm hoping that the new cars are just a small part of the ep and that for each of the four styles they include plenty of furniture and decorative objects, haircuts, and clothing options to make the pack worthwhile.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 9:27 AM
oh yay Rockabilly meets James Bond. I will probaly buy this..(Katie Perry is a poser)
Instructor
#63 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
You mean a computer that fills up two or three rooms?

lol

I mean the earliest PC. :D
Instructor
#64 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by justin1010
I agree that cars in the Sims 3 seem to have become less important than in the Sims 2 except for the purpose of them being a money sink and being extra eye-candy for our sims' houses. The stupid sims barely even use the cars and will typically prefer either the taxi service or the carpool and their nice fancy cars will collect dust on the driveways.

It seems that unless they add a patch that adds some large functionality changes to the vehicle system in TS3, making stuff packs focused on them is kind of pointless. I'm hoping that the new cars are just a small part of the ep and that for each of the four styles they include plenty of furniture and decorative objects, haircuts, and clothing options to make the pack worthwhile.

Agree with you. Especially woohoo in the car.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:31 PM
Possible box pic
Screenshots

Back in the building
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 12:35 PM
Don't care about cars. Quite interested in what kind of 50s CAS thingy are in it.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:45 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed with the car animations? Don't you realize what a pain it'd be for the pre-existing and downloadable lots?

And then you go on about how your sims barely use their cars anyway! -_-
Field Researcher
#68 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:54 PM
it really used to bother me about the cars, when TS3 came out it seemed like you could do so much but at the same time do so little (at least to me) but now I'm not so worried about the animation of the driveway but I would enjoy a little more animation with the car. Makeout, woohoo, teen sims the ability to go "parking"... wash the car, or just other things, like the options to "take a drive" not really a destination but just driving around town, i dont even want to control the drive, just drive around.. well i could go on but yeah just more animations/actions. I would really like to have more interactions with them though.

But this being a stuffs pack we wont see anything but over priced handful items where the majority is released to the store..

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Mad Poster
#69 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:25 PM
I don't really care that much about the animation for getting in and out of the car, but I do miss the ability to actually do stuff in them besides drive - like sit in it, listen to the radio, make out etc.

I really like the woman's outfit in the first pic. I'll probably buy this as I'm a Sims whore and I can't help myself but in general I'm not really that interested in car-themed things. I pretty much only want it for the rockabilly stuff.
Test Subject
#70 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
I like the car animations the way they are. Actually, probably better than if they were like how everyone else wants them. I don't really care about seeing my sim get into a car, really. But regardless, this SP looks meh.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
Why is everyone so obsessed with the car animations? Don't you realize what a pain it'd be for the pre-existing and downloadable lots?

And then you go on about how your sims barely use their cars anyway! -_-

Because what is the point of having a car stuff pack if your sims don't drive the car?
Alchemist
#72 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 3:58 PM
I don't do SPs and this one definitely won't change that
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:05 PM
This looks cool and all but "shrugs" i only have the base game and the 1st exp. i dont really care for the game other then being able to get every woman in the city prego haha but other then that i never play it..the car animations is one reason yes but also too many glitchs and radio stations,fasion,tho i do like a few things..oh well cant want to see who makes stuff with this exp. if they get it tho

Georgia "..I Couldnt Stop Her..That Was My Sin..And This In MY Punishment"
Forum Resident
#74 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:15 PM
I would love to have some vintage or futuristic cars to play with. Fresh Prince is great and I love his work (and I download almost everything he releases), but I have to admit that to me a toyota looks like a honda looks like a bmw looks like a mercedes. I want something unique. Of course, I know this is limited, since animations are finite. But that's why that first car in the pic of the garage caught my eye (the silver one.) It has a unique look to it.

I like the idea of having the sim get into the car and then the car hopping to the road. That would be cool. Some more "in-car" activities would be cool too. One thing I like to do is zoom in at car level while the sim is driving and watch the scenery as she drives. That's one thing I really love about Sims 3, being able to ride along with the sims instead of watching them pull out of the garage and disappear, then magically reappear an hour later.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Instructor
#75 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 4:18 PM
NekoCat i like your idea yeah, i want to get into the car and see how they drive and watch the scenery, i wish there was a first person view camera mode in sims 3. XD
Page 3 of 12