Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop from inventory - Updated for Patch 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 30th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_

213 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 69 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:00 PM
This is a huge leap in the way shops are made, really great!
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:45 PM
This is amazing! It's a humongous leap towards being able to having a OFB for the Sims 3 ;D

However long the night, the dawn will break.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 4:51 PM
Thank you!! I also miss OFB and this is a really big deal! I can't wait to try it.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 9:30 PM
THANK YOU!!! *jumps up and down*
Forum Resident
#6 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:06 AM
Default thankyouthankyouthankyou
I have been trying for months to do something like this but never could get it to work. I'm glad you figured it out. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:46 AM
Awesome. My thanks to you. :D
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 9:40 AM
Wow Very impressive. As usual with your mods, adds a whole new set of gameplay possibilities. Thanks! Hope you're successful in getting autonomous interactons working in the next version... that would truly make it an OFB replacement.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 3:27 PM
That's great, really, it's really good! Does this mod include translations for "foreign" players?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:25 PM
Glad to hear you guys like this. Please report any bugs you find so I can fix them. So far except for the two I mentioned I have found none.

timoram26: The language files are in the package if you want to translate them for yourself. Just download s3pe, open the file with it, click our language STBL and press the edit STBL button. I'm not going to put translated version of my mods any more because it's really hard to keep up with everything, and if I do changed that require to add or edit the strings, you have to redo all the languages. So my mod will be English/Finnish only but with the added language files so people can translate to their own languages if they want.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 4:49 AM
I just gave this a cursory trial with Twallan's The Register, just to see if they'll work. So far everything seems okay.

This is awesome. It really opens up the neighborhood. I loved OFB too, and I think this manages to catch the spirit of it very well. It's definitely changing the actual layout of my little village.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 5:52 AM
Holy cow, that is really impressive. Sounds like it might be worthwhile to get WA and Ambitions now.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 9:06 AM
Thank you so very much, I also loved OFB and was so disappointed when I saw what they had included in Ambitions. I really expected to be able to run my own shop again and for my gardener sims to sell their produce to customer sims in their own shop on the farm, but no, they wouldn't do me that favour. :P
I'm gonna try your mod asap! Thank you very much, and I can't wait to see where you're going with this!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:28 PM
So, combining This mod, Twallan's Mod, and the ability to actually purchase a shop and upgrade it, we can finally had shops (as setting up a new register and assigning employees, as well as controlling what is actually sold. this is AMAZING NOW! Something so small it seems now possible, no thanks to EA.
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:03 AM
Greetings from Germany. =) Does anyone have a tutorial, how to make a shop? My fav addon was Open for Business and I want my sims to have a small supermarket at home. Is it possible? I downloaded this mod here (thanks a lot) and made a new shop with a register (community lot). Now I want my sim to sell the fruits and vegetables there and I don't know how to get it work. When I say "shop from inventory" - it is empty, not showing any stuff from my inventory.
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:04 PM
You could mod a register to be solely made for auto shopping from inventory alone.
Use that as a test to see if the neighborhood buys from it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 8:30 PM
Troublebabe: I updated the intro page, hopefully that answer's your questions.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#18 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 3:01 PM
Wonderful ani! I was wondering if someone was going to be able to do something like this. This is great, and I can't wait to use it. Thanks for all your hard work :-)
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:27 PM
Hi i think your mod is great but i cant get it work, the option doesnt appear.
BTW i bought the treasure box and put stuff in there and still not working.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:21 PM
nimrosh1x: If you are using the old CC folders, then I would say your framework has failed you, if you are using the new way with ambition then maybe your resource file is not set up proper.
Test Subject
#21 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
nimrosh1x: If you are using the old CC folders, then I would say your framework has failed you, if you are using the new way with ambition then maybe your resource file is not set up proper.

What do you mean by not set up proper?
BTW is it matter if i used helper monkey?
Test Subject
#22 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 6:09 PM
The sim which control by computer will buy thing from the casher?
I did not sell any object for few "sim days" , while the consignment store sold a lot of things for me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 6:42 AM
rickycheng: The interaction is not autonomous, you have to direct the sim to use this. Plus this has nothing to do with the normal consignement option, it's completely seperate functrionality.
Test Subject
#24 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:33 PM
is there a mod that allows you to put anything from the buy catalog into an inventory? Would be great if we could create a furniture store!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 11:40 PM
This is wonderful! I really miss OFB but this opens up so many possibilities for our towns. Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 9