Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Medieval NPC Replacements: Private School & University

by sunni9676 Posted 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:14 AM

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:52 AM
Useful.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 6:08 AM
Sunni, is the headmaster wearing the Uni professor robe? I didn't see anything that said specifically what he's wearing...

(And thank you ridiculously overmuch for this!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:15 AM
Hi Hat!

Yes, the headmaster and male professor wear the same clothes, therefore I decided on using the same robe design/colors for Private School through University to simplify things. Oh, and the Secret Society wears the same Graduation Robe (obviously without the hat). I probably should have written that in the description text.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:43 AM
Fabulous as always! Thanks yet again for another great creation ..... as my CC folder groans in agony at more downloading!
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:49 AM
I want to thank you for these, I have downloaded all your NPC replacements for my medieval hood. I was looking for something like this and you created it. Now I wish I could do something with the townies so they don't show up in modern clothing.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 11:58 AM
Great work as always!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 2:20 PM
Thank you very much!
Inventor
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 2:46 PM
The diploma is stunning. It looks really great.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 3:26 PM
Beautiful work! My medieval sims bow in worship.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 4:34 PM
YAY!! I've been waiting in eager anticipation for these ever since you mentioned them at GOS!

Thank you so, so much, Sunni! The first time these guys show up for real in a post at my story blog, it'll be dedicated to you!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 7:44 PM
You must have read my thoughts! I didn't want to do these myself, as I love the recolors you make for them!
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2010 at 7:24 AM
Wow ! Stunning !
Is it possible that you design Clothes Replacements for the victorian era, too?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:09 PM Last edited by StephSim : 8th Jul 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Haven't downloaded these yet sunni, but I shall. We lost use of the home phone and DSL Internet connection last week. This week, I'm in beautiful Port McNeill in British Columbia and using the laptop and creating minimally for the Sims. So... it'll be a week before I can get back to my normal Sim routine!

But...this will be my first stop once I do. Thanks for these.

oohhh babycat...don't you go steering our beloved sunni into creating outside of the medieval genre just yet...there is much to do and while I totally hope others will follow suit in creating NPCs...for me sunni is the only option...

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 1:01 AM
This is wonderful Sunni - thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:20 AM
I heart you so much, sunni. Being that I have quite a few custom majors, and each major has spawned a professor, I figure I have about 100 professors that are in ugly clothing that I, as a fellow college professor, wouldn't be caught wearing. Now they can be as distinguished as I would like to be. :D

Necromancy is Good
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 12:26 AM
Well, there is one thing-- apparently I had recoloured one of these ugly meshes and now I have a horrendous mismatch between mesh and texture. If it wasn't such an important piece of clothing, I would just dump it and move on. Worse yet, I think it's on the professor's mesh, because the mesh is now a robe with a long hood.
Is there a way to have that mesh as a custom mesh and still have your defaults?

Necromancy is Good
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 3:35 AM
Kazzandra - If I understand you correctly, you made a recolor of the original headmaster/professor outfit which is a tweed suit. Now your recolor is not working properly because the outfit has been default replaced. The best thing to do if you want to still use your recolored outfit and the NPC defaults is to default replace another outfit in the game. I'll pm you my email address so you can send me your recolored outfit. It will only take a minute to replace it for you.

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:15 PM
where do i find the school... it isn't a community lot,is it? Generally, how do i play?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SaiLorAimiLia
where do i find the school... it isn't a community lot,is it? Generally, how do i play?

You need the University expansion pack, and you will need to add a University subhood to your game. Only then will you see or even need these NPC replacements.

Sunni DRed my outfit for me, which was more than she needed to do! Apparently, you just have to default replace an outfit you never use to keep any NPC default that uses a mesh you use regularly. I say, that must have been the only Maxis mesh I ever used. Thanks again, Sunni, for everything!

Necromancy is Good
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:20 PM
Thanks for these! I just downloaded them finally!

Even though 2011 promises to deliver a Sims Medieval game, I'm looking forward to all of the "medieval" Sims 2 designs creators like you are sharing! What can I say there is no point in having cake if you don't eat it!

Keep them coming sunni. Your creations are greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 12:57 AM
please could you create some for victorian and regency npc s for privtae school universioty
Field Researcher
#23 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:19 PM
Hi there!
First of all thanks for all your awesome medieval NPCs. I spotted something odd in bodyshop just now: several Maxis formal outfits for the TM and CM have been replaced with duplicates of the school robe! Not sure if it's happened for the girls as well. As far as I can see it might be the the outfits that have the mesh that would normally be used by the school uniform... Well, it doesn't really matter since I don't use those outfits in my medieval hood but I wanted to know if it's happened to anyone else and if it can be fixed?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 3:51 AM
TheSilverLining - What you have experienced is deliberate. Most NPCs wear specialized outfits that remain hidden from the clothing catalog - meaning your playable Sims can't wear them [unless of course you cheat]. However, a few NPCs do wear clothing from the catalog...which means in order to change their attire I must default replace that mesh. It will change the outfit in the catalog.

As for the school uniform, I have default replaced it intentionally for the playable characters. It will show up in the catalog for both girls and boys. As you mentioned, if you are playing a themed hood this isn't a problem and if you want to play a modern hood you simply remove the default replacement from the downloads folder.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 7:35 AM
So it's meant to change several outfits into the school cloak? Is there anyway to hide these duplicate outfits? I'm a little worried that I'll accidentally try to delete them or something and thus corrupt my game as they're really maxis outfits.
Page 1 of 2