Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 2:00 AM
I've read about this somewhere else.
The offspring get the things mention in Envie42's post, plus they can eat scrap and they have rocketboosters. :D
I'm not sure if all simbot/sim babies can do all of that, but the legacy I read said they could.
(If anyone wants to know what legacy that is, it's the "How Does Your Garden Grow?" legacy over at Boolprop.)

My blog ---> Here
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 5:55 PM
Anyone know if the gait mesh can be changed by editing the sim's exported package? That's a workaround.

This is going to be a change to LocomotionConfig.xml, but I might need to use awesomemod to get a custom trait to override simbotwalk when object ~= simbot.

Her sim definitely has the simbot hidden trait. I'm going to go look to see what other traits it got. It's pretty interesting, in any case.
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 2:55 PM
apologies for doublepost - but I had a little more info

it has robot stats, no hygeine, long life, starts with tinker/handy (about 4 pts each).

it can shower or bathe without shorting out, but swimming will cause energy to drop to 0 but without short-out. I didn't test to see if the short-out starts at adult like the other simbot traits.

as children and young adults, they cannot eat scrap (no animations?), and regular food only provides about 1/10th of the value. Once they hit adult, they can eat scrap.

They gain smash at adult, but the animation looks a lttle peculiar.
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 4:55 PM
Can the simbots have babies? O.o
Field Researcher
#30 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by undeadsparrow
Can the simbots have babies? O.o

Female simbots cannot get pregnant - even with the mods that I used - at least as far as I know. It only apparently works with a male simbot and female sim. You have to have the female sim for the biological bits (a uterus I guess?!) haha.

sgallaty above, that's my hubby - he put the more pertinent info - I wrote a book!

Btw, I have "Anna" Sim uploaded to the exchange if anyone wants to get to know her!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3543677

Please read my blog about her here:

http://twistedenvie.blogspot.com/20...m-androsim.html
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 7:41 AM
I used AnyGame Starter to set up two Sims 3 configuarations - one using all of Twallan's mods, and a second game using Awesome Mod. I've only recently tried this and was able to achieve it using Twallan's Woohooer mod. (For some reason Awesome Mod only allows the female sim to woohoo, but not try for baby with a male Simbot.)

My household (in the game configuation using all of Twallan's mods) consists of Elder Male (Paul Hood), Elder Female (Madison Hood), Adult Female (Robin Hood), Male Simbot (elder).

Paul Hood has the Lifetime wish to Create 3 Monsters. Basically I used the My Best Friend Lifetime reward to get a Male simbot, because the opportunites to build the Simbot had not arisen. Madison Hood is a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder. Robin Hood had a one night stand with the male simbot and became pregnant. She's had the baby and is now bulding the relationship.

The baby looks like a normal sim baby, but it has the simbot staus bars. He also has the Simbot aging bar, and so far hasn't aged a day. I'm wondering if the Simbot baby will stay a baby or will it age up normally?

Envie42 I'm curious about how long the simbot babies stay as babies, and how long simbot toddlers stay as toddlers. Or did you age her up?

Has anyone else tried to have simbot babies and what were the results?
Field Researcher
#32 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 1:43 PM
simbots don't age unless you get a mod that gives them a lifespan or age them yourself. and female simbots can't get pregnant or when they are giving birth, the game glitches and crashes. i've also used twallan's DebugEnabler to turn a toddler into a simbot and the creature that resulted was so freaky that it crashed the game a few seconds later. male simbots can go and impregnate normal sims, ghosts, and vampires but mummys and simbots are never supposed to get pregnant.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Scholar
#33 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 6:23 PM
Oh goodness, I have a feeling this is going to happen with my creepy Simbot father/adopted daughter marriage pair, ewww XD
I actually might do it on purpose, to play with simbot babies :P
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 1:37 AM
Thanks for the info, rcranger9.

I got annoyed by the baby's constant crying and manually triggered a birthday after three Sim days. Simon my Simbot baby is now a Simbot toddler.

I had Paul Hood create another Simbot to fulfill his lifetime wish, and this time I released him into the wild.

I'm now watching the events unfold in Twallan's Story Progression. So far Diego Hood, the male Simbot in the wild, has got a job in the Busienss career path and has married a paparazzi.
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 4:03 PM
I used master controller to impregnate my female sim with her simbot hubby, couldn't get the try for baby to show up. anyway the baby is indeed like a simbot in many ways, but ages normally. he is now a kid and ever since he started walking he turns into a tall stringy thing when he walks. its creepy weird but funny. can't wait till he gets jetpack feet as an adult! oh and the fact that he never gets full from eating regular food is uber annoying.
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2019 at 11:54 PM
Any one in the DBH fandom trying for a Alice, Luthor, and Kara or Hank and Connor family?
Page 2 of 2