Replies: 31 (Who?), Viewed: 13090 times.
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
Default New CyborgSims in CAS exploration
Someone was curious about whether or not we can have simbot babies.
I was intrigued so I decided to explore the regression of simbots and low and behold I stumbled onto something REALLY FUN:
a CyborgSim, more humanoid than her predecessor the simBot.

I present you with Sonny the CyborgSim(named after I Robot), more humanoid than her predecessor the simBot.
Sonny can wear hair, makeup, hats, skins, eyes--all the things a human head can wear.
To get a CyborgSim all I did was regress a simbot in CAS to a young adult like this:

The rest is up to imagination



I'm still playing around with it.
In game she still has all the simbot behaviors thus far, including voice and mecha movement.
Will post more pics, was just eager to share my findings.
Please feel free to share your findings in this thread. Enjoy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:51 AM
Wahhh that looks cool! Too bad I don't have the EP with bots.
Instructor
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:28 AM
many of us already discover this nothing new. CyborgSims, Androids etc. i think there was a thread about this already im not sure. still very unique looking sims. i made 2 before,i made mine fully human looking and it looked really weird when she eats. i think i posted two of my simdroids at the female picture thread.

Edit: found them.


Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Oh I'm sure many have discovered it, it's new to me and I'm just having fun with it. It's funny to see a full on humanoid looking sim eat metal.

Here's my fave so far:
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:55 AM
this is really creepy
Theorist
#6 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:06 AM
It'd be cool to make a town where everyone looks human but they're actually robots

Hi I'm Paul!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
It'd be cool to make a town where everyone looks human but they're actually robots

I agree. This World over at GOS would make a great basis for that idea:
Electronica
and the Jules Verne, GLockenspiel and clockwork lots could be fun additions.
Lab Assistant
DELETED POST
6th Jul 2010 at 4:29 AM
This message has been deleted by Beer76.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:58 AM
Wow, I love that one with the ventriloquist dummy looking face. Where'd you get the CC? I want it! :O
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie.M
Wow, I love that one with the ventriloquist dummy looking face. Where'd you get the CC? I want it! :O


It's a mislabeled find I got off the exchange about a year ago.
I wish I could look up file names in CAS--maybe someone here can I.D. the mask for you.
Instructor
#10 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:40 AM
OoOoh lovely sims, yeah i would also like to know where you got the mask, i will be making aliens soon and would like it on my sim. im also currently waiting for the simbot opportunity since im tired of rusty simbots.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:43 PM
I've posted these in some other thread.yay.
Banned
#12 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodl95
It'd be cool to make a town where everyone looks human but they're actually robots


We might even call it Stepford!

Or we could use some white or very very pale skintones -- sort of like Data.
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillcheesesammich
It's a mislabeled find I got off the exchange about a year ago.
I wish I could look up file names in CAS--maybe someone here can I.D. the mask for you.

found it
dummy skin
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:38 AM
Someone should start a thread for people to show off their redesigned simbots.
They all look so cool!
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddleJumper
Someone should start a thread for people to show off their redesigned simbots.
They all look so cool!


I think somebody already did More than once!

I should photograph and upload my couple. I prefer the mostly robotic look with a couple of distinctive features, and custom textures.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:16 AM
I love seeing shots of other people's game. The variations and creative styles are inspiring.
Instructor
#17 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:58 AM
then why don't one of us make a thead on the sim pics section. i always post there but i didn't see a thread for simbots.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:43 PM
Okay, so I know that this is prolly posted elsewhere. But how do you get these cool Simbots? I especially like the ones grillchesesammich posted. How do you make a Sim age back? Do you use testingcheatsenabled?

I don't have the supercomputer mod...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by We are all trash
Okay, so I know that this is prolly posted elsewhere. But how do you get these cool Simbots? I especially like the ones grillchesesammich posted. How do you make a Sim age back? Do you use testingcheatsenabled?

I don't have the supercomputer mod...


Hmm, I do indeed use editsim command (which requires a mod) to regress my simbot from elder to young adult to produce the human head.

I wonder if you downloaded one as a .sim file, if it would retain its robotness in both CAS and game play?

We can try if you are interested.

And yes that mask is included in the above mentioned exchange file, but it doesn't credit the creator :/ Def not the sim I got my mask from, but at least it's an option for downloading the file until we get a proper ID on source. I bet that wasn't easy to find, so good work.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:36 AM
grilledcheese, why don't you submit your beautiful bot with mask for download on MTS2. She/he/it is so beautiful! And I love the idea of a pci thread for bots. I haven't made one yet since I really hated the robots in S2, but these look really kewl.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 5:54 AM
wow, that's pretty crazy. i was actually the one who asked about simbot babies.
Instructor
#22 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 6:50 AM
i wish we can have a Create-A-Bot tool, where we can edit parts and such. its just a shame we can only edit the head and not clothes that doesn't give them human skin.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 7:50 PM
You can edit the clothes in CAS and it DOES give them human hands and feet.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 8:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edejan
grilledcheese, why don't you submit your beautiful bot with mask for download on MTS2. She/he/it is so beautiful! And I love the idea of a pci thread for bots. I haven't made one yet since I really hated the robots in S2, but these look really kewl.


Two of them have masks, the dummy mask I haven't found credit info for that one yet. If you mean the blue haired one, I can have a looksee at her content. I have never shared on MTS before, but I'd be most happy to start.

*edited pre-coffee typos*
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
Default !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grillcheesesammich
Two of them have masks, the dummy mask I haven't found credit info for that one yet. If you mean the blue haired one, I can have a looksee at her content. I have never shared on MTS before, but I'd be most happy to start.

*edited pre-coffee typos*


Yay! Thanks!! You know, I amazed that whoever created that beautiful mask with eyes hasn't made it available far and wide. It's really lovely.

Now I want a bot family with children and everything....waaahhhhh.
Page 1 of 2
Back to top