Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Knighthood Career

by ArotaAlehthrra Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 7:56 PM
no offence, but knighthood actually means when you become knighted (when you are given the title of sir or dame). therefore, the name of this career is misleading.
Banned
#3 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:29 AM
It's a game kksimmer, your supposed to have fun with it! Knighthood career seems like fun to me. Thanks for this Arota!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
It's a game kksimmer, your supposed to have fun with it! Knighthood career seems like fun to me. Thanks for this Arota!

yes, i know its a game. if you read my comment properly, you'd realise that i wasn't going against the whole career, just the name. next time you reply to something, READ THE OTHER PERSON'S COMMENT PROPERLY
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:28 PM
Knighting refers to the actual act of being knighted and gaining the title of 'Sir' or 'Dame'. Knighthood refers to the rank, dignity, or vocation of a knight. That is why I chose that title for this career, and why I believe that it is the correct title.

However, if you feel the title of my career interrupts the flow of your gameplay, kksimmer, I can always change it to something that you find more acceptable and send you that version. I have absolutely no problem doing so.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:36 PM Last edited by kksimmer : 12th Jul 2010 at 7:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ArotaAlehthrra
Knighting refers to the actual act of being knighted and gaining the title of 'Sir' or 'Dame'. Knighthood refers to the rank, dignity, or vocation of a knight. That is why I chose that title for this career, and why I believe that it is the correct title.

However, if you feel the title of my career interrupts the flow of your gameplay, kksimmer, I can always change it to something that you find more acceptable and send you that version. I have absolutely no problem doing so.

incase you're not from Britain, like i am, there are titles such as earning a cbe, mbe, etc. but then, there is KNIGHTHOOD, when you earn he title of sir or dame. that is why i dont feel it's the correct title.
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 11:04 PM
I have never downloaded a career before, but I really like this one. Excellent! Grabbing it and trying it out.
Theorist
#8 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:38 PM
Very nicely done, Arota, and with a concise and clear title. Thank you for sharing this labour of love and congratulations on your first MTS upload!
Banned
#9 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kksimmer
yes, i know its a game. if you read my comment properly, you'd realise that i wasn't going against the whole career, just the name. next time you reply to something, READ THE OTHER PERSON'S COMMENT PROPERLY

I understood. I understood you were picking it apart, when it really didn't need to be. My comment was to show that there's no need to gripe over the small details that really aren't important. It's fun to play, regardless of the title.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joninmobile
I understood. I understood you were picking it apart, when it really didn't need to be. My comment was to show that there's no need to gripe over the small details that really aren't important. It's fun to play, regardless of the title.

you know, im not stupid. all i was saing that the title could be misleading. just forget about this now, DONT EVEN REPLY TO MY MESSAGE.
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 8:21 PM
Well.... What is the word for someone who is seeking knighthood but has not yet attained it...? Or what is the line of work in which someone seeks to attain "knighthood", but which they both have not yet attained it, and then which after they have done so, they now hold a career in that field? For example, a doctor is in the medical field before and after the he receives the title of "doctor", is he not? Now that you all have argued about it, did no one think to come up with an answer? I doubt this was misleading since, as the title would imply, eventually, you are going to end up a knight. But now that the issue has been brought up, I am very curious.

Dear Creator,
This is going to be my first dl'ed job. It was interesting enough that I've decided to give it a go. Thank you very much for taking the time to create it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tahyun
Well.... What is the word for someone who is seeking knighthood but has not yet attained it...? Or what is the line of work in which someone seeks to attain "knighthood", but which they both have not yet attained it, and then which after they have done so, they now hold a career in that field? For example, a doctor is in the medical field before and after the he receives the title of "doctor", is he not? Now that you all have argued about it, did no one think to come up with an answer? I doubt this was misleading since, as the title would imply, eventually, you are going to end up a knight. But now that the issue has been brought up, I am very curious.

Dear Creator,
This is going to be my first dl'ed job. It was interesting enough that I've decided to give it a go. Thank you very much for taking the time to create it.
I'm not quite sure i know what you mean.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 2:32 AM
I'm not quite sure i know what you mean.

I believe Tahyun is curious, as am I, as to if there was a more technically correct, and concise, name for the career. I maintain that Knighthood is the title I want for it....but maybe Chivalry career? Knightly?

Quote: Originally posted by Tahyun
This is going to be my first dl'ed job.

I'm honored you decided to give my career the honor of being your first download. I hope you don't run into any troubles with it, and that you find it enjoyable!

Quote: Originally posted by child_of_air
I have never downloaded a career before, but I really like this one.

I hope you enjoy it! It was a lot of fun to create, and I like to think that shows through in it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 1:22 AM
This is fantastic, thank you!
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:51 AM
Just a quick question before I download: Will this career replace any career existing in the game already? And if so, which one?

Thanks much; this looks great.

--Starry
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Sep 2010 at 2:32 PM
A bit late, but the answer to your question, Starry01: No, it will not replace any other career in the game. It has a unique GUID and I've tested it in my own game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:38 PM
I have never felt like downloading a new career before, but this one looks fun and I can't wait to try it out!! Thank you so much for sharing this.
I also noticed how gracious you have been and I want to thank you for that too. I thought it was very nice of you to offer to change the name of the career track for kksimmer. Personally I find the name fits perfectly and did not find it at all misleading or confusing.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Feb 2011 at 5:59 PM
incase you're not from Britain, like i am, there are titles such as earning a cbe, mbe, etc. but then, there is KNIGHTHOOD, when you earn he title of sir or dame. that is why i dont feel it's the correct title.

You disagree with the title and that is fine, different strokes for different folks. The creator of this career was simply explaining why they chose this title and then offered to switch it to whatever you like and send it to you so you can enjoy it with a "proper" title. Yet, instead of saying anything nice at all you continue to harp on them about the name... That just is not right... no matter where you're from.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 10:16 AM
Very nice career, well written and entertaining. It is hard to find careers that fit what I am looking for so well. Now if I could just find one specific to advancing through the royal ranks that I like as well as this one...

Thank you.

P.S. I feel that the title fits perfectly.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:13 PM
Excited to try this! Though I've downloaded custom majors for the university before, I'd not yet braved a career.

And then I find this, which is perfect for my Medieval themed neighborhood. After all, not everyone can make money for themselves making peasant pottery, right?

Thanks a ton for your hard work. :D

Only one question. As there are no set career outfits, does this mean that my sim will go to work in whatever they happen to be wearing at the time?

Do what thou wilt be the whole of the law. And the law is love, love under will.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd May 2013 at 2:11 PM
Knights' Ninjas' Samurai.... It's going to get very interesting in my game and stories. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 1:22 AM
Thanks You