Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#51 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamineannie
While I hate to complain about the practices of this site, I just want to say that I feel short-changed by the many alterations to the rules of this contest. First it will run til Thursday but with a limit of 50 participants. Then the limit is lifted, but if you're busy elsewhere you've missed the new deadline.

Can you imagine how many people would have entered this contest had it been allowed to run until Thursday??? It is only Sunday now and the contest is overflowing with participants! I think the judges changed the deadline for their own sanity. As Kaospilot pointed out, they already have 560 pictures to view and compare and judge from.

And, as for the photos thing, I understand it's not the easiest to get the best pictures but I REFUSE to download something I haven't seen decent images of. If it doesn't look as good as advertised I get mad, (and occasionally personally blacklist a creator, at least for awhile) so I don't even bother. Their policy prevents the site from hosting files people like me won't download (which I think is a large majority of this community). There is a really decent tutorial on taking snapshots on this site to learn from.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:20 PM Last edited by fragglerocks : 18th Jul 2010 at 9:33 PM. Reason: eeeeeee button is stuck apparently...
Just wanted to pop in and say good luck to everyone who entered the contest. You all have some really great houses. It is fascinating to see such diversity using the same foundation. Whoever thought of this contest idea is genius! (Can I buy the judges a round of drinks btw? Hmmm? )

heaven_sent...Almost missed your question. You assume correctly. On page one of the contest, it states that our scores from all four rounds will be added together.
Inventor
#53 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
Anyone knows when round 2 will start ? (Sorry a bit anxious )
Instructor
#54 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
Anyone knows when round 2 will start ? (Sorry a bit anxious )

HP said they will post it tomorrow.

I'm anxious too!
Inventor
#55 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 9:48 PM
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 10:42 PM
If you missed the round 1 deadline can you still take part in round 2? DESTROYED me that I missed the first one!
Forum Resident
#57 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
Oh so much was happeneing while I was sleeping, I need to get my a into g and get my house sorted lol
Instructor
#58 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 11:50 PM
I am so glad there is more time for round 2. Hated having to rush around like a chicken with it head cut off.
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
I am disapointed...I did not know there was a limit on how many could join...I thought I had plenty of time to finish my house and logged on today to find the contest was closed ...I guess i should have logged in every day....Is there any way I can still enter the contest? Good luck to all of the wonderful entries...There are some amazing houses!
Site Helper
#60 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:31 AM
I hate my computer right about now. It lost my pictures and by the time I had re-taken them the contest was closed!

Edit: I don't think HP wants to judge more than 70 entries. Load Sims 2 back up and you can participate in that one, though.

(Assuming you aren't like me and have Sims 2 on the system as well.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#61 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I hate my computer right about now. It lost my pictures and by the time I had re-taken them the contest was closed!

Edit: I don't think HP wants to judge more than 70 entries. Load Sims 2 back up and you can participate in that one, though.

That is understandable...I think you can still show your work off here though...I'd love to see what you came up with :p
Scholar
#62 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Or, You both could use my Builder's Island Haha, just a little advertise, but that's what I use cause it only takes few seconds to load and has the most of the basic lotsizes.

Damn you people and all your shinies. Because that poor computer doesn't have ENOUGH cc to deal with...

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost_sdoj

Wait? What happened while I was at work? A SIMS 2 VERSION CAME UP????? *runs off to check* Damn. You got me all excited for nothing.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:27 AM
This is probably my first post on this site, sadly. Even worse, I worked so hard on my entry, and then as soon as I switched to save, my game closed down on me. I read that this happened to someone else as well. Although I remembered exactly what I did (I wouldn't have to start from scratch) before it was erased, I'm really sad to know that the contest is closed. I guess this is a kick in the butt for all the times I've ever taken my time on things (even overtime.) Regardless, I just wanted to say that I love this community and that the contestants are great representatives. I'm still going to post my house on the chat thread, so it feels like it wasn't all to waste.

*Edit: I had no idea I had posted things earlier. Huh. I never really bothered. I guess that counts the "thanks" comments. Go figure.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:51 AM
lol I always save 2 times in each room for every half an hour I play because my computer over heats and just switchs itself off...

I was sneaky with my entry I posted my entry with just basics and not finished products because I was not going to be finished at the time and then when I was in bed she gave everyone 7 hours lol... Lucky me!!
Forum Resident
#65 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 2:59 AM
Yeah, my computer will randomly shut down on me when I'm trying to save the Sims, either version. I chalk it up to the fact that my computer's straining to run everything I've got on it. It's nearly three years old and I haven't been kind to it.

I was so afraid that I wasn't going to get my house done in time because I'd been following the thread and watching the spots fill up, so I didn't do as much as I would have liked. The landscaping and front of the house are quite lackluster because of it, so that'll lose me points, unfortunately. But I'm glad I got done what I could.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:08 AM
you can still add more to it take photos I dont think its closed until well for maybe 5 more hours. I really want to change bits of my house but I cant be bothered anymore lol
The other one
#67 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:09 AM
Lifeslover, you know you can still edit your entry? They said for about 12 hours after it closed they will leave the thread open for edits so you can do up the 'lacklustre' bits.

Edit: Kayla beat me to it

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Forum Resident
#68 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
you can still add more to it take photos I dont think its closed until well for maybe 5 more hours. I really want to change bits of my house but I cant be bothered anymore lol

Yeah, I know I can, but I've never been very good at the outside decorating in the first place. I tried to do more, and in the end I just made it worse, so I decided to stop while I was ahead.
The other one
#69 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:47 AM
I know the feeling. I must've spent 2 or 3 hours on the landscaping alone because I'm so rubbish at it and don't normally bother with it. It's gonna be challenging for me to come up with another 3 gardens that aren't all the same thing, lol....that said, don't know if I'll manage 3 completely unique interiors either.

Forum Resident
#70 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:52 AM
Yeah, in the end, my houses all look the same. I haven't been playing for long, only since January, so building is still so new to me, and I know that there's something wrong with my work, I just don't know what and I don't know how to fix it.
The other one
#71 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:11 AM
I don't see anything wrong with your entry, not sure what you mean. I especially love your downstair bathroom but I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about coming up with 3 more original houses

Forum Resident
#72 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:43 AM
Aw, thank you. The bathroom is my favorite part, really, too. That and the laundry. I go gaga over separate laundry rooms, I don't know why. But there's just something so blah about the outside exterior. But, well, hopefully this'll just be more experience for the next round. And I love your exterior, even though I'm not actually a fan of the more modern stuff. The fountain wall was a wonderful addition.
Test Subject
#73 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 5:59 AM
I suppose I'm being punished for sleeping in today. And I was so happy with my results! I usually build my houses much larger (40x40 and 50x50 suburban family-style homes) so this was a real challenge for me, and now I didn't even get to enter! Oh well. Maybe next time.
Instructor
#74 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I don't see anything wrong with your entry, not sure what you mean. I especially love your downstair bathroom but I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about coming up with 3 more original houses

I just wanted to say that I love the house you entered!

The next round should be easier, because A.We know we have more time (almost a week and a half) and B.Hopefully we will have the comments from the judges to help us improve our lots.

But seriously, that house...beautiful!
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:32 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!11!!!
I JUST finished my entry.....and the post is closed?! </3
Oh well. I'm going to put it on the site anyway. I worked so hard on it...(took the better part of 4 hours, not including the 2 hour break I took after my computer crashed 45 minutes into the first attempt.)

Believe in the GaGa Law:
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)² = Bad Romance

Page 3 of 39