Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Shop for Clothes - Updated for Patch 1.38 - 1.63/1.67

by ani_ Posted 19th Jul 2010 at 11:41 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2014 at 8:11 AM by ani_ : Forgot to mention a bug.

90 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:55 AM
i really want to try this out as soon as i can. this means we could shop for clothes at the consignment shop?

thank you so much. i appreciate all of your mods!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:16 AM
OMIGOODNESS! YEESSS!!! thats something that i absolutely hated that they took out thank u!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 1:45 AM
Very cool. I miss that feature a bunch. Well thought out and thanks for sharing. =)

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:28 AM
thank you so much!!!!!!!!! i really missed this from the sims 2!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:51 AM
I hate that all clothes are available in Sims 3 too! Cool mod!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 8:48 AM
Whooow, it's pretty nice. I'm going to download it. (:
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:13 AM
oh yh i miss this feature 2 so glad someone made this
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 11:50 AM
Wow! Fantastic mod!
However I have discovered one minor nitpicky glitch..(If its even a glitch)
After buying a new outfit on a community lot(Or on any form of lot) After exiting Create A Sim, the sim in question will immidietly be placed back on their home lot. I know its not a major issue, its just a tad annoying, especially when shopping for clothes with family.
But again, thanks for creating such an awesome mod! :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:07 PM
doodlesam: This happened to me as well, but only when the shopper was the lot owner as well. But yesterday when I was doing the final testing, it didn't happen. But thank you for informing about this, will have to take a closer look at it.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:55 PM
Thanks, I always wanted something like this
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 2:55 PM
Why WA and HELS? Shouldn't it just require Ambitions?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:13 PM
Yes! I really miss the simple things, like this, which they took out in Sims 3! Now I have another reason for my Sims to send more money!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:36 PM
This mod is going to come in handy for me because I like the idea of being able to sell clothes. I really enjoyed it in TS2, seems more challenging that way. Thanks ani!
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 5:31 PM
Way too cool! Thank you so much! I can't wait to set this up in my consignment shop.

And an FYI, if you want to increase the number of outfits a Sim can own beyond the original three, try twallan's Dresser mod. My Sim currently has 8 everyday outfits and she changes them automatically every day.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 10:35 PM
I'm a little unclear about the requirements-- if I have Ambitions but not WA, can I still use this mod?
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 2:31 AM
I like this a lot and have wanted something like this forever, but it would be better with two things:
1. Still a plan outfit interaction on drawers, but only shows outfit you bought already.
2. Once youve bought a piece of clothing, you don't have to buy it again.

If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 3:24 AM
Wow, thanks! This is amazing! I was kinda miffed that this didn't come with ambitions, so this is great!!! :D

"It's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se..."
I'm so starstruck, Baby could you blow my heart up?
Mamma Mia! Here we go again! My my, how can I resist you?

Avatard, Monster, Zutarian, Twihard, and PROUD of it!
Call me Jacky, I take requests, even though I don't have anything uploaded yet. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 5:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ::Giggles::
I'm a little unclear about the requirements-- if I have Ambitions but not WA, can I still use this mod?

Mos likely it will work, but I can't say for sure, as I do have them all. Try and keep us posted.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 8:17 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I'll give this a try and report back.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 5:05 PM
"Having all clothes available for all Sims all the time, is just one of those things I don't like." WOW thanks for this Mod, i never realized "plan outfit" had all the outfits in it to choose from! LoL I actually like that, but thanks to this mod, I now KNOW about it
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 9:45 PM
Not sure if this is the cause but I've only had this problem after adding this mod, I can't style clothes when my active sim goes shopping? I can pick out clothes but if I want to change the color or pattern, it gets stuck. Anyone else have this problem or know if I'm doing something wrong?
Theorist
#23 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:37 PM
I was using this fine before, but after merging my packages again, it no longer works, my game wont load with it installed, even as a redownloaded individual file.....

very confusing....anyone?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:46 PM
shadowemiko: Maybe you are having an mod conflict? have you tried without any other mods or cc?

tizerist: Sorry, I have not encountered this problem. Have you tried again with the un-merged packages, emptied the cash and such?
Theorist
#25 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 5:54 PM
Yes tried all that.
Thanks, I'll leave it for a while and try and feed it back in later.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Page 1 of 4