Replies: 376 (Who?), Viewed: 115057 times.
Page 2 of 16
Forum Resident
#26 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 2:12 AM
The Woohoo pic is hilarious. Daddy just want his little girl to be educated.
Instructor
#27 Old 30th Jul 2010 at 1:41 AM
Grant just said this:
Quote:
Here's a HILARIOUS bug we fixed the other day: When a Sim goes to work, his portrait can change into a red-haired man with a moustache

Oh finally!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 2:40 AM
I'd be interested to know what eventually happened to the blacked-out Sim above. Today this happened to me and he also had a blank thumbnail. Eventually he disappeared from the family completely.

The OP above mentioned that she "caused" this black Sim by moving him to CAS. This did NOT happen in my case...he wasn't taken to CAS until after he turned black. Then I tried to use CAS to change his appearance, hoping to get him back to normal. Instead, in CAS he first appeared to be "melting" and the next time he did not appear in the CAS mirror at all. Then I sent his wife to China for an adventure and when she returned he was gone. Just....gone, no thumbnail, nothing.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 9:37 AM
Hmmm... let's get out my screenshot scrapbook, shall we?

Sims who aren't Hydrophobic or Never Nude sims bathing in outfits that I never assigned to them:

It happens randomly, but it usually happens to women.

The inability to just let the autumn salad go free:

How my sprinklers spray out blood or urine on occasion:

The Forever Hanging In Mid-Air Glass:

The Repo Man repossessing a sim, but not being successful:

b0rked lots:

This usually stays this way for about a minute before reverting to the normal lot.

The creepy spider creature that sleeps in this little girl's bed:

The Grim Reaper comes... and can't leave:

Pissing yourself to death:

The story behind this one is a doozie. I seriously lost 23 town sims in a mass pissing contest outside of town hall. A grand total of 38 sims (basically the whole town) were in front of city hall. They were all caught in a pissing until they passed out loop that anyone walking by would get caught up in by reacting to their pissing or passing. Every time they pissed themselves or passed out, the person walking by would react, and keep reacting, and then eventually need to pee themselves. They were all stuck on the lot and could not get to the taxi slot to leave because so many were standing there. Some died at city hall and the rest (after they were done crying, pissing, and passing out until they were hours from starving to death) flocked to the fitness center where there is ONE fridge that is wedged behind two bars. Sixteen of the 23 died on the fitness center lot, trying desperately to get something to eat. Five died at city hall. The remaining four that died actually got home but died as soon as they reached the lot or between grabbing a bowl of cereal and sitting down to eat it. The others survived, as far as I know. The only thing that I could do was reset the town (I had only saved after the first two died at city hall, without realizing it) and then select each sim with awesomemod and give them commands to gradually shift around the lot until they could all get away from city hall, which took an ENTIRE evening because they kept dropping commands due to passing out or peeing themselves. I managed to save all but three. The original two that died were saved by some fluke because their dead bodies wouldn't disappear and the Grim Reaper never showed up. The trap started again when people walking by started bawling at the dead bodies so I went into Edit Town to maybe move the bodies or SOMETHING and the two dead sims were revived and ejected back home where they were rather happy all of the sudden. I have had the whole pissing contest in front of city hall happen THREE times.

Pissing yourself to death 2:

The school bus decides to stay outside my lot for 3 days straight:

I think this was caused by giving my two teen sims cars to drive to school (no kids in the house, just the teens) and they were driving on their own. This one was pretty annoying and I didn't manage screen caps of all of it, but it stayed outside the lot for 3 days, honking the entire time, and even managed to get 2 other school buses caught in whatever trap was laid out there. They went away when it rolled over to Saturday.
Scholar
#30 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 10:13 AM
That is one of the funniest posts I have ever read on here, fireflyastori. The blood coming out of the sprinkler reminds me of Six Feet Under.

Loving the sims not letting go of the salad and the spider thing. And the pissing massacre.
Inventor
#31 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 1:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderPrincessK
The Woohoo pic is hilarious. Daddy just want his little girl to be educated.

@fireflyastori that grim reaper and the one with the people passed out on the floor are drop dead hilarious .
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedsolo
Wtf? I just found a second Magical Freestanding Eternal Bicycle! I wont post a pic of it because it looks exactly the same as the first one. Its definitely not the same one though... My sim went on a stylist job to the house with the first one, then went to another job down the road, and there is another Magical Eternal Freestanding Bicycle there!

Any thoughts on whats making them? The only thing I can think of, is that Sims are going to get on them, and then kicking the bucket or aging up, thats all I can think of.

One of my kid sims had a bicycle that followed him everywhere he went (but always stayed outside). It reminded me of a faithful dog. I imagined it got sad when it couldn't follow him into the house! If he wasn't moving it sometimes just stood in the distance watching him. Maybe your bicycles are waiting for their owners who are somewhere in the vicinity?

I think my bicycle boy was caused by cc.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by severedsolo
Wtf? I just found a second Magical Freestanding Eternal Bicycle! I wont post a pic of it because it looks exactly the same as the first one. Its definitely not the same one though... My sim went on a stylist job to the house with the first one, then went to another job down the road, and there is another Magical Eternal Freestanding Bicycle there!

Any thoughts on whats making them? The only thing I can think of, is that Sims are going to get on them, and then kicking the bucket or aging up, thats all I can think of.

It's not just when a sim is about to kick the bucket or age up. I've had this happen to my YA sim in the music track that wasn't anywhere close to aging up.

I think it's more of a case of: they take the bike out of their inventory, they're about to get on it, and then something makes them take another mode of transport (walk, taxi, whatever). The bike never gets put back in inventory (cuz it's waiting to be used) but unfortunately no one can use it after that (not even the owner of the bike).
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:01 PM
My current family have an amazing talent for breaking their plumbing. It seems lately that the repairman has been taking tips from the IT department at work because it takes them hours to arrive after calling them.
Test Subject
#35 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:21 AM
I have an inventor that's been on 6 underground adventures. He returned from his latest adventure dressed like a caveman. His furs have now become his default everyday outfit.
Test Subject
#36 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 9:08 AM
I hate the floating babies and stuff, too!!
I also think its annoying when you go up o the second level and everything dissapears on the 1st level....
one time i accidentally clicked adopt and there was nothing i could do, I had to adopt this stupid kid!! it made me sooo mad, the only way i could get rid of was to kill him and then my sims got all depressed!
Theorist
#37 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 10:24 AM
There was this time when my sim went to eat on the outdoor park picnic table. Someone else joined him and in the blink of an eye my sim warped to another seat slot as he was eating.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 11:07 AM
Oh yeah the warping has increased with Ambitions too. Inside the house, now you're outside the house!

I've also had a few sims fall asleep for no reason when their energy bar was full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigathon
one time i accidentally clicked adopt and there was nothing i could do, I had to adopt this stupid kid!! it made me sooo mad, the only way i could get rid of was to kill him and then my sims got all depressed!

The other option would have been to give the stupid kid up for adoption. The adoption option!
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielorie
I'm not sure this is a glitch,but i went WTH when i saw this .Why on earth would a father teach his daughter(Yes its a girl )about whohoing so young .

I agree completely. I had a father teach his son about the GRIM REAPER! I'm amazed the kid didn't need new underwear!
Theorist
#40 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 1:59 AM
My never-been-patched TS3 has never shown situations as seen in fireflyastori's post. Just seen one colorful "?" when opening up a custom lot from that site that shouldn't be mentioned.
Banned
#41 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 2:37 AM
omfg, fireflyastori, your pictures are seriously hilarious. xDD
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 6:34 PM Last edited by Princess Leia : 19th Aug 2010 at 6:37 AM.
@fireflyastori: your pissing massacre screenshots are amazing.

I'm not sure if this is a unique glitch in my game or just bad setup on EA's part, but mummies can be warded off by the power of music! Err, sort of.

I was exploring the black diving wells in the Sphinx and, lo and behold, three mummies came out. At the same time. My adventurin' family are all about peace and love so I thought I'd greet my newly awakened visitors with some nice acoustic tunes.

I fully expected them to cancel the action and beat the living pixels out of my Sims but... they never did. I made my family play guitar for a while and the mummies just circled them.

So I cancelled the guitar action myself. BUT THEY STILL DIDN'T ATTACK. I even had my Sims desecrate their tombs by WooHooing in them.

By this time my Sims were a wee bit peckish so I thought, "Hey, maybe I can have them set up a fun little picnic!" So I did.

And my well-mannered undead guests waited patiently.

I got bored of this so I continued on my adventure. I don't know if the mummies are still there? I'm guessing that like any other interaction, the 'Attack' action of mummies gets cancelled after a while if they can't get to the Sims? In theory, any action that can be done indefinitely (like playing the guitar, reading a book) will prevent them from attacking. I don't know. Next time I encounter a mummy, I'll make my Sims start a book club in front of him.

Instructor
#43 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 11:53 PM Last edited by VampireSim : 27th Aug 2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Mixed german with Englisch
My Bayless Family in Twinbrook had some strange bugs, which finally destroyed the whole neighborhood.
As I saw the baby, I thought: "WTF??!! Who's the Daddy?! Terminator?!"
Space Pony
#44 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:07 PM
@ Fireflyastori the second picture down has an outfit that I got. the same thing happened to me...I don't remember downloading it though, but it appears in my downloads in the launcher. I advise you uninstall it because that outfit is just so messed up...it'll appear on toddlers sometimes and make them 243 sim-feet tall...
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchbch Walk
@ Fireflyastori the second picture down has an outfit that I got. the same thing happened to me...I don't remember downloading it though, but it appears in my downloads in the launcher. I advise you uninstall it because that outfit is just so messed up...it'll appear on toddlers sometimes and make them 243 sim-feet tall...

It came with a sim from the Exchange. I'm never going to the Exchange to get sims ever, ever again with the week it took me to sort everything out and I still have a couple of buggy pieces of clothing (shoes that make the sim's feet disappear and another pair of shoes that give women male legs from the ankle down so their legs don't line up) that need to be killed off. It also loaded me up with skins, makeup, hair, and tattoos that I never wanted.

I wish we could delete stuff straight from the game. I miss that aspect of Sims 2.
Space Pony
#46 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 1:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyastori
It came with a sim from the Exchange. I'm never going to the Exchange to get sims ever, ever again with the week it took me to sort everything out and I still have a couple of buggy pieces of clothing (shoes that make the sim's feet disappear and another pair of shoes that give women male legs from the ankle down so their legs don't line up) that need to be killed off. It also loaded me up with skins, makeup, hair, and tattoos that I never wanted.

I wish we could delete stuff straight from the game. I miss that aspect of Sims 2.

Ya I have a lot of crap too... i've been thinking about just deleting all my cc and starting over completely but I don't know
Inventor
#47 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:17 PM
Princess Leia those pics are f*cking hilarious .I love how your sims are just going about their buisness and the mummies are tapping their feet waiting
Field Researcher
#48 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM
Invisible counter...

...is invisible.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Alchemist
#49 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 10:51 PM
I don't have pics of it(never did figure out the taking screen shots and posting them thing) but since installing Ambitions I have floating cars. They drive just off the road surface.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:58 PM Last edited by Fernweather : 29th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM. Reason: Typo fix.
In the most recent game I had been playing, I noticed at some point that several days had passed without my sim receiving notices for items sold at the consignment shop. I thought this was a bit odd since he was an inventor and was usually consigning an item or two every day. I then noticed that most of the items he had consigned were no longer in the store, even though he had never been paid for them.

I think this was simply a syptom of some bigger problem with that particular game, since it became increasingly glitchy at about that time. Still, I couldn't help suspecting the sim running the consignment since he had the evil and kleptomaniac traits. Thieving bastard!

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Page 2 of 16