Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM
This is my first time posting in this forum but I really felt the need to share a glitch that I saw yesterday in my game that made me go "WTF". BTW, all glitches posted here are so hilarious but I'm so glad I never got any of those xD
So, I sent my sim to put the old news paper in the rubish bin and pay the bills on the mail box. Perfectly normal right? What happened tho was that the news paper icon disappeared immediately from the line of tasks and, the old newspaper started sliding on the floor completely by itself, no sims anywhere near it, and it made the exact path my sim would have done, right in to the trash bin, which opened up by itself. The newspaper disappeared and the bin closed again. It was so weird, I was like I wish I had taken a pic of it, I was too schocked tho That would be really cool if in real life boring tasks like that would just take care of themselves
Anyone else has seen something like this?
Advertisement
Space Pony
#52 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 7:31 PM
Well...this isn't a glitch, but it REALLY made me go "Wait...what?"

My sim was just sculpting in her back yard enjoying life when all of the sudden text came up saying something about it suddenly getting darker. I was like...what is this? Then, A bunch of the neighbors came running into my back yard pointing at the sky and I'm like wtf! So then I see a shadow becoming smaller and smaller DIRECTLY on my sim, so I entered testingcheatsenabled true and teleported her like 15 sim-feet from the shadow. All of a sudden:

A large METEOR hit my sims house and exploded, turning the corner of the house into scrap, and frying a couple neighbors. Totally caught me off guard. I didn't even know this could happen.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 8:35 PM
Dang! I keep reading about the meteors but it hasn't even happend in my game. I would love to see it.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#54 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 8:51 PM
Is it all right if no glitch ever made me go "Wait....what?"?

What really makes me go "Wait....what?" or even "WTF are these guys thinking? Are they thinking at all?" are things that seems to intentional. For example all these bare midriff clothes. Is it really so f-ing complicated to make shirts etc. that go with low-cut pants? Do these guys all pull their pants up to their pits or what? As far as I am concerned, the people who made these clothes deserve to be poked with the Pointy Stick Of Great Ouchy (+5).

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Space Pony
#55 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by edejan
Dang! I keep reading about the meteors but it hasn't even happend in my game. I would love to see it.

Be careful! It can kill your sims...It would have killed mine but i teleported her away... and it ruined my ice sculpture of the mail boy
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 11:59 PM
Oh, the dunes of Al Simhara, the god damned dunes of Al Simhara. Actually I haven't go back there since I installed Ambitions (last week), so I don't know if that glitch has been fixed, but those little dunes there, the little height differences in the desert terrain cause a lot of trouble, at least in my game. I have yet to find a single excavation point that is in the surface and bare ground that my sims can actually excavate, it keeps giving me a blocked path reaction no matter how I try to position the sims. And that doesn't happens with the few excavation points that are either in tombs or on Champs Les Sims.
But things got ridiculous the time one of the merchants I had to interact with to finish a mission, got stuck on one of those dunes, just behind his own shop. My sim couldn't interact with the merchant, kept getting the blocked path reaction, and couldn't even summon the guy to his register. The merchant himself kept getting the reaction, unable to walk out of the tiniest dune. Until I gave up and enabled testing cheats to build on that lot and pick him up and placed him on flat terrain, then he was able to walk back to his register.
Then there's the piece of bad luck that happens if the residents of the house that is part of an adventure (the one with the traps in the basement), are randomly selected as merchants, there is no way to complete that mission because the merchants never come back home during the entire duration of the travel, just to end that adventure I was forced to go into edit town and add a new sim to that household so he could let me in and get to the basement, then of course that sim kept following me trying to clean the basement because of all the puddles of the steam trap .
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:29 AM
It is not a glitch or some newly-discovered element of the game, but an annoyance really. Needless to say the first time it appeared I freezed for a moment wondering what was wrong with *my* game:
A couple gossips and Sim A tells Sim B, "Did you know that Sim X is filthy rich? I have never guessed."
Since Sim X happens to be your husband's father and your father-in-law, I would have never guessed either.

Nice game check, EAtards!
Field Researcher
#58 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baalcebub
Oh, the dunes of Al Simhara, the god damned dunes of Al Simhara. Actually I haven't go back there since I installed Ambitions (last week), so I don't know if that glitch has been fixed, but those little dunes there, the little height differences in the desert terrain cause a lot of trouble, at least in my game. I have yet to find a single excavation point that is in the surface and bare ground that my sims can actually excavate, it keeps giving me a blocked path reaction no matter how I try to position the sims. And that doesn't happens with the few excavation points that are either in tombs or on Champs Les Sims.

That's an annoying glitch that's been around since the first Ambitions patch. Fortunately, Buzzler has a hotfix for it here. It'd be nice if EA would actually get around to fixing it themselves though.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:00 PM
As usual when i started a new family, I burned down the stove. The fireman came with his truck extinguished the flame and stayed there. The fireman would not leave my house! The truck stayed outside too. They were there for a good week just standing my kitchen saying how hungry and all that stuff they were. I couldn't do anything to get this person out. Finally I sold the house and bought a new lot to get them out of my life!
Mad Poster
#60 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:54 PM
uh, about the move in glitch.. i've been getting it for a while, and i've gotten it very recently.
Test Subject
#61 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 10:55 PM
the biggest glitch in my game SO FAR is when my sims oculdnt get to the hospital in my town she gave birth in the kitchen. So what happened was I have a one square space in between my dining tables so they dont talk to each other while they eat. Well a neighbor was visiting so him and the husband went on both sides of the table so she couldnt get out. Well she had triplets so she gave one to her husband one to the stranger and she held one but the neighbor wouldnt put down the baby or move so the mum died and the baby didnt and the baby in the middle started MUTLYPLING!!! I now have a screen full of babies. I would take a picture but I cant get into the lot. Now it says an error message. When I was in that house last I had about 16 babies all around and the husband died and the neighbor ran AND STEPPED ON THE BABIES and then the game crashed so I deleted that household. WTF!!!

Wingers Tennis
-Mandy ;)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
It is not a glitch or some newly-discovered element of the game, but an annoyance really. Needless to say the first time it appeared I freezed for a moment wondering what was wrong with *my* game:
A couple gossips and Sim A tells Sim B, "Did you know that Sim X is filthy rich? I have never guessed."
Since Sim X happens to be your husband's father and your father-in-law, I would have never guessed either.

Nice game check, EAtards!
Haha OMG yes! I get this all the time! Gossiping about their best friend or relatives and saying "I would never have guessed", pssh 'course you would, you know that sim better than anyone!
Space Pony
#63 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vanillalotus
As usual when i started a new family, I burned down the stove. The fireman came with his truck extinguished the flame and stayed there. The fireman would not leave my house! The truck stayed outside too. They were there for a good week just standing my kitchen saying how hungry and all that stuff they were. I couldn't do anything to get this person out. Finally I sold the house and bought a new lot to get them out of my life!

SAME! I just use testingcheatsenabled true and delete them and the fire truck. it's sooooo annoying.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Haha OMG yes! I get this all the time! Gossiping about their best friend or relatives and saying "I would never have guessed", pssh 'course you would, you know that sim better than anyone!

It irritates the hell out of me. Some Sims say the same thing for their own parents! Buggers!
Field Researcher
#65 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 2:38 AM
One of my sims took forever to take a shower (like, more forever than usual). When he got out, he changed into some random t-shirt and pants instead of one his own outfits. Go figure.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 3:59 AM
I had a male and female sim playing catch. The male sim was playing with his back turned to the female sim. It was funny, he would look like he was playing catch the normal way except when he caught the ball or threw it. When he caught the ball his arm would suddenly reach behind him. When he threw the ball his arms would stretch out of shape to get in the position they were supposed to be in.

I figured the male was showing off trying to impress the female. (giggle, giggle, snort)

Something else I remember. I had my sim go to city hall. It was just after a protest and a lot of sims were still standing around. What caught my eye in passing was what looked like two sims looking at some large document together. Huh . . .?

I went back for another look. What had happened is two sims had both decided to read a book. They were standing almost forehead to forehead reading, which made it look like they were sharing a map or document.
Inventor
#67 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 7:31 AM
Its not a glitch but it made me go ''Wait....what?''

The other one
#68 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 8:44 AM
Today one of my sims had a want to join the gardening career...then the nectar making career...am I missing something? If they exist then I've been a total dumbass and not noticed all this time

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 9:37 AM
@missroxor: You must have missed the new "careers" that came with Ambitions - you have a career for nearly all skills now.
Inventor
#70 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 10:48 AM
I've got a really anoying glitch with my self-sim right now. His LTW is to be an Illustrious Author, and he's now registered as self employed author. The problem is even tough he's been writing since he was a kid, he's only finished 1 book.
Everytime he finishes a book I get the normal pop-up saying how well the book wil do and how much money he'll get, but then his animation will reset and he'll be teleported from the chair to a little distant away from it. The book will not be finished, shows up in the skills tab as 100% progress, but can't be completed, I'll need to scrap the book to continue, he's been writing the sci-fi novel "Uncanny Valley" since he was a child FFS!

He recently moved away from his parents house to live with his older brother, his brother's fiancé and his girlfriend. His grilfriend also wants to be an Illustrious Author , so she's now working on her first book, and I hope she isn't glitched aswel.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
The other one
#71 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 11:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandranym
@missroxor: You must have missed the new "careers" that came with Ambitions - you have a career for nearly all skills now.

I know about the new careers like fireman, stylistetc and I knew you could register as self employed as a sculptor, inventor etc but wasn't aware that gardening and nectar making were included in that.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:11 AM
Just today my sim became pregnant, obviously a while later she gave birth and the new kids on the block (her first) were a female twin.

Nothing weird so far.

She was an astronaut already because I wanted her to be a careerwoman reaching the top before settling down. After the birth, I took a look in the career panel and she had 30!! days off thanks to her pregnancy...

Creeped the living crap out of me because I wanted her to become leader of the free world. But if she can't work I'm afraid she'll have to stay at home for 6,500 simdollar a week until she's an old lady...
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bchbch Walk
A large METEOR hit my sims house and exploded, turning the corner of the house into scrap, and frying a couple neighbors. Totally caught me off guard. I didn't even know this could happen.

Wow, I had no idea that could happen either. That's really awesome but I'm a bit worried for my sims now, haha.

As for glitches, one of my girls has taken to teleporting outside after she uses the dishwasher. None of the other sims in the household do it.. it just randomly started happening to her.
No harm done though, she just wanders back inside after her little trip. :D
Forum Resident
#74 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:00 PM
Ha ha, nice. Luckily I haven't had any glitches so far.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Inventor
#75 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:24 PM
Well after my Sim has been on a trip to China and back, he can now once again write books again. Now my game crashes each time I want to build a cellar.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Page 3 of 16