Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:48 AM

Alright, here's what I have so far.
Anything else I should change?
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#27 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:25 AM
Her highlights look a little dark. It's kinda hard to describe "creamy hair" so I just edited the sim I had active for a sec...maybe something more like this?
Screenshots

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:28 AM
Okay, when I start my game up again I'll try to get it more creamy/yellowish
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#29 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:08 AM
Maybe try a little lighter skin? That color looks alright, it's just a bit too dark. You're going for baked, not overbaked! Ah, sorry..I think it's bedtime for me. But you know what I mean on the skin, right?
Instructor
#30 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:26 AM
I think that's a bit too blondish for the hair ahah. maybe in-between?

Oh and I love the skin, agree it might need to be lighter :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:36 AM
I'm gonna punch her hair in the face.
My game just freaked out and I needed to delete most of the CC I was going to use for her.

Here's her hair so far, i kind of want a color going through it because I usually throw a topping on my cupcakes, and I lightened the skin a tidbit. Should I do it lighter?

or perhaps this hair?

or even this one?
Instructor
#32 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:08 AM
I like the skin, and the 3rd hair. Now I think you need to work on your facial sculpt. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:58 PM
I agree. Do you think that she should have a round-ish face or a more defined face?
Facial sculpting isn't my strong point, so please don't kill me, hahah
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#34 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:22 PM
Read what HP said in post 11. Cupcakes are round, so she really shouldn't have any sharp angles. But her features do need to be more defined and unique.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:24 PM
Oh boy, so pretty much a round faced sim with noticeable facial features?
Do you think I should download a slider for this, or do you think that the basics will work?
Instructor
#36 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:00 PM
I just recently downloaded sliders, and slider hacks, and they're fab. One or the other is a must, both is preferred. Really, it will make facial sculpting SO much easier :D
Test Subject
#37 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:09 PM
I think her skin tone is perfect now! I like the hair color, but I think you should make it a little lighter. Also, if you're going with @HystericalParoxysm's idea, here's a dress that might be good for that: http://rosesims2.net/. Ok, so go to that website, click on Sims 3, and then Cloth, and the dress I'm talking about is the last one on the 3rd page.

"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow..." I am an AVATARD

And I love Jesus (more importantly, lol)!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM
What's a good slider to use?
Not like I'm gonna be able to make any progress on her today, stupid work from 5-12.

jonny, thats dress is perfect! thank you so much!
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:27 PM
Haha, you're welcome! I also found this one that might be good:http://www.lianasims3.net/fashionp.php?id=158. But I think the other one might be better.

"Leaves from the vine, falling so slow..." I am an AVATARD

And I love Jesus (more importantly, lol)!
Instructor
#40 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:29 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416 <-Custom sliders <3

And Awesomemod increases the range of the sliders, it's quite good to have You can change the range increase in the configuration file you download.

Belalek has also posted some sliders in the MTS CAS Parts forum, if you want to have a look at those
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:38 AM
Hm, I don't think the sliders worked in my game? I don't know. Ugh.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#42 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:54 AM
In game she has a 5:00 shadow.
Perhaps her face needs to be more fat.

It's kinda creepy, haha.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#43 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:54 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 1st Aug 2010 at 7:06 AM.
It's kind of hard to tell without a side-by-side, but those 2 skin tones do look the same. If not the same, they're pretty darn close.

edit: I really need to not post when it's close to bedtime. The sliders weren't for the skin, so there isn't any difference..right? Ah..bedtime, me thinks.
Instructor
#44 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:59 AM
Yeah, I would make her more roundish to loose the shadow

And the sliders I linked are found under the mouth category - or do you mean Awesomemod's sliders? Try setting them to +5 range.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:02 AM
Eek, I forgot awesomemod! Hahaha and I'm just gonna reload her to what I had before and work with that first and then get it sorta okay there and then restart the game with awesomemod installed.
Instructor
#46 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:07 AM
Haha!

Also, what's with the weirdness of her hair in the game? ;/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:07 AM
Perhaps do you think I should make her face longer?

And I have no idea with the hair. I guess I need to find a free hair that looks normal in game.
Instructor
#48 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:09 AM
Hrmm, that pic is quite small, but I like the size of her face for now. I would work on the mouth atm, seems to me it needs the most attention

Try and make it plumper and ermh... cuter I guess? haha, hard to explain what i mean...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#49 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:19 AM
Erggg! I wish I could just jump into my computer and mold her like that. Maybe in The Sims 24.
Anyways, I SLIGHTLY lowered her chin and played with her lips. Are they too big now?
Screenshots
Instructor
#50 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:25 AM
I don't think they're too big at all, I would just play around with the upper and lower lip widths.

I'm quite liking her nose by the way, it might be too maxis-y for some people, but I tend to like some of the maxis noses anyway. xD

Her eyes just look too generic... idk.

And see what she looks like with different brows maybe? I would just play around with the new sliders a bunch until you know what they all do :D
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Has useful sim-sculpting info.
Page 2 of 4